• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lessons from Lance

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
One thing I never learned was why people in here say he stole their grandmas purse or something to that effect. If the man is so evil and diabolical why would people want to follow him. I wish him well.

flicker said:
One thing I never learned was why people in here say he stole their grandmas purse or something to that effect. If the man is so evil and diabolical why would people want to follow him. I wish him well.

Why would anybody want to follow any celebrity??? People followed Lance because he convinced them he was something he wasnt. Which is why referred to as a fraud more than most other cyclists.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Why would anybody want to follow any celebrity??? People followed Lance because he convinced them he was something he wasnt. Which is why referred to as a fraud more than most other cyclists.

Who are the biggest fools? I guess us the fans. It is dangerous to take the words of some people to heart.

flicker said:
Who are the biggest fools? I guess us the fans. It is dangerous to take the words of some people to heart.

I think we were all fools in 99 but between 01(Ferrari connection) & 04(Simeoni incident) most real cycling fans had figured out the reality but amazingly we still had to listen to the real idiots for the last 6 years go on about Lance, hell even now.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
I heard this on the radio yesterday and thought it relevant towards upcoming legal shenanagens. God bless the arbitrators and lawyers of the world. May they become rich beyond belief!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsOmvSlPuys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjX9vFW_Ak0

Started watching / listening the first song, and guess whose ad appeared below the video - with the words "Payback" by James Brown being repeated?

Oakley Sunglasses
Order directly from the source. Free shipping on orders over $50.
http://www.oakley.com

Stephanie McIlvaine of Oakley Inc. is reportedly testifying in front of the grand jury shortly. Coincidence?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Tubeless said:
Started watching / listening the first song, and guess whose ad appeared below the video - with the words "Payback" by James Brown being repeated?

Oakley Sunglasses
Order directly from the source. Free shipping on orders over $50.
http://www.oakley.com

Stephanie McIlvaine of Oakley Inc. is reportedly testifying in front of the grand jury shortly. Coincidence?

There will be many ironic things happening in this case. Once again Lance never fails to enrtertain.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I learned that Lance's ex girlfriend that he nearly married Sherly Crow, has 2 adopted boys and one is named Levi and the other is not named Lance.:D

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I learned that Lance's ex girlfriend that he nearly married Sherly Crow, has 2 adopted boys and one is named Levi and the other is not named Lance.:D

I have always admired Sheryls' intelligence.

A

Anonymous

Benotti69 said:

His name is Tyler.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
His name is Tyler.

So I guess along with the USPS Pro Cycling teams' systematic blood doping, PEDs, and fraud on a federal government agent we can also assume polyandry and polygamy. Wow wait until LeMond and Novitsky get a load o this.... reminds me of the agency that monitors US American Indian oil wells...same thing different team.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
So I guess along with the USPS Pro Cycling teams' systematic blood doping, PEDs, and fraud on a federal government agent we can also assume polyandry and polygamy. Wow wait until LeMond and Novitsky get a load o this.... reminds me of the agency that monitors US American Indian oil wells...same thing different team.

Oh... I never thought of all that. I assumed Sheryl was being vindictive.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

Its took a while to sus out what point your trying to make with all the tosh you post on this forum flicker and I think I might finaly have worked it out.

You have no point and thats the point..perhaps your that kinda person who just takes a warped amusement from posting in riddles meaningless drival , fence sitting and being disparaging of others concern cus your own cynisism has reached such levals that sugesting others are barking up the wrong tree by expressing considered opinions is the only way you can gain some kinda self ( and quite possibly lonely) expression for your vacious existence in a world ( for you) devoid of merit.
Aint living in "Flatlands" fun eh?:rolleyes:

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
Its took a while to sus out what point your trying to make with all the tosh you post on this forum flicker and I think I might finaly have worked it out.

You have no point and thats the point..perhaps your that kinda person who just takes a warped amusement from posting in riddles meaningless drival , fence sitting and being disparaging of others concern cus your own cynisism has reached such levals that sugesting others are barking up the wrong tree by expressing considered opinions is the only way you can gain some kinda self ( and quite possibly lonely) expression for your vacious existence in a world ( for you) devoid of merit.

Sorry Darryl. The point I was trying to make is that USPS and Discovery may have been barking up the same tree or crossing streams as you will. I am only repeating the insinuations of our fellow forumites. We are all brothers here with the exception of a few sisters. I respect Sheryl Crow for dumping Lance.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:

Good post DW,

Flicker and Polish are like Vandalism

the wanton or deliberate destruction/malice of public or person property, caused by a vandal or an instance of such destruction

NW

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Sorry Darryl. The point I was trying to make is that USPS and Discovery may have been barking up the same tree or crossing streams as you will. I am only repeating the insinuations of our fellow forumites. We are all brothers here with the exception of a few sisters. I respect Sheryl Crow for dumping Lance.

Did Sheryl Lump dance, cup o' tea darling , one lump or chew.

Yes Darryl, it's me.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
roadfreak44 said:
When you have terminal cancer and youre only 25 and you know youre going to die life becomes hopelessly bleak. When a star like Lance Armstrong unexpectedly shows up in your hospital room it is like the sun shining into a very dark place . I know most of you derogatory a*+wipes dont believe me but you dont even have to be a star. Why dont some of you go to the local cancer ward and visit with a terminal kid or whoever is there. Just sit and chat with them . Then youll understand what I have learned from Lance.
I guarantee its way more useful information than the pathetic mudslinging i have seen here foisted by a pack of hyenas that contribute exactly what to the world ?

"if THERE ARE ENOUGH OF THEM even a pack of mangy hyenas can bring down a lion..."

Lets face folks ...lance is a lion....

and you.....

So - you're throwing chum in the same water you're swimming in? You sure got your shark frenzy goin'.

180mmCrank said:
What have I learned?

Well for one thing that this guy brings both the best and the worst out of people. And the distinction between hero and villain is not always as simple as we might like it to be. It's not like the Westerns where the villain has a black hat and the hero a white one. Real life is a little more complicated.

Pop quiz (Hero or Villain?) John McEnroe, Michael Schumacher, Tiger Woods?

:)

I'll go for that.

Scott SoCal said:
I learned that if you tell a lie often enough lots of ill-informed people will believe you.

I also learned that if the story is sensational enough, millions and millions of uninformed people will believe the lies told.

I learned a great defense for bad deeds is charity work.

I learned that enough money can get you out of nearly any jam.

I learned what being a good team mate means.

I learned that if I un-cleat behind a crash I can now say I crashed giving me a bunch of new excuses as to why I didn't win the bike race.

Oh, phantom weight loss and 110 rpm is key. Learnt that too.

So yeah, this thread has merit.

Wow! I think you have succumed to the LEFT...

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've learned that he's.....

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Tim_sleepless said:
I've learned that he's.....

I am curious to learn this. How many people has Lance as a cyclist and his iconic status brought into cycling?

Also ouside of our circle of these readers how many people has he/will he turn off to cycling?

What would the positive # of people balance with the negative amount of people?

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
Wow! I think you have succumed to the LEFT...

Oh, I thought I was describing the Left.

LA should be the poster boy for you. Don't judge him on what he actually does, judge him on what he intends to do. He's trying to cure cancer for crying out loud.

TRENDING THREADS