• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lessons from Lance

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I just want to say that I have enjoyed the run. I have defended Lance and Levi. It has now become unstylish to like him or any other of his fellow teams trainers or teamates. I have been warned by the moderators not to defend him. I have finally been broken I know that it is useless and anyone who associates with Lance is history. The moderators have warned me, I hang my head in shame.
Please if there are any more lessons to learn from the fallacy that I have been living, being entertained by the yellow banded one please posters fill me in.
Do not be gentle. Fred aka flicker

flicker said:
I just want to say that I have enjoyed the run. I have defended Lance and Levi ... Do not be gentle.

OK then, here goes. How fatuous, foolish and enormously egotistical to start a thread in the Clinic about yourself. ;)

I say this with no real ill-will of my own, but this thread should be locked for being OT, and locked well before the cavalry arrives.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
Come on, flicker, surely you must see that your post is entitled Lessons from Lance and it's got nothing to do with Lance. It's all about you! :p

You see I did learn from Lance. Seriously though no joke. It looks like everyone who has had anything to do with Lance is going to have a thorough search.

For instance today there was an article about the investigation. Jens Voight was riding behind Lance in the photo. Oh oh not good Jens. To close.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
You see I did learn from Lance. Seriously though no joke. It looks like everyone who has had anything to do with Lance is going to have a thorough search.

For instance today there was an article about the investigation. Jens Voight was riding behind Lance in the photo. Oh oh not good Jens. To close.

Hahahah!! It's true, Just look at Allen Lim. When he was with Garmin everyone saw him as the golden boy and wanted to know how he made his rice cakes.

He joins the Shack and all of a sudden his past is questionable and people are asking what drug he's packing in his cakes.

Oh wait, let me get back on topic... flicker, your'e a punk for liking someone that no one on here likes. And obviously you have too much time on your hands, unlike everyone else on here that can retort every quote from LA since 1993. ;)

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I just want to say that I have enjoyed the run. I have defended Lance and Levi. It has now become unstylish to like him or any other of his fellow teams trainers or teamates. I have been warned by the moderators not to defend him. I have finally been broken I know that it is useless and anyone who associates with Lance is history. The moderators have warned me, I hang my head in shame.
Please if there are any more lessons to learn from the fallacy that I have been living, being entertained by the yellow banded one please posters fill me in.

You let a bunch of internet based forum members 'break' you? That is a bit weak - sorry. And if a moderator of this forum actually warned you not to defend someone I would love to see that message. There are many reasons why you can like, dislike, or defend Lance, Levi, or anyone associated with them - don't let anyone decide this for you.

Gee333 said:
Hahahah!! It's true, Just look at Allen Lim. When he was with Garmin everyone saw him as the golden boy and wanted to know how he made his rice cakes.

He joins the Shack and all of a sudden his past is questionable and people are asking what drug he's packing in his cakes.

Oh wait, let me get back on topic... flicker, your'e a punk for liking someone that no one on here likes. And obviously you have too much time on your hands, unlike everyone else on here that can retort every quote from LA since 1993. ;)

Oh yeah that is totally true. There was not a single post on this forum questioning whether rice cakes were responsible for CVV and Wigan's form over the last couple years (obviously not including 2010). By the same token no one had ever looked sideways at Lim's claim to have known nothing about what Floyd was up to. Nice selective memory dude.:rolleyes:

That's all, I'll leave you guys to your Whine and Cheese party.

A

Anonymous

Ok. I'll bite.

WTF did you learn from Lance?

Compassion for fellow athletes... sense of fair play... what?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Ok. I'll bite.

WTF did you learn from Lance?

Compassion for fellow athletes... sense of fair play... what?

Do not dope if you are an American cyclist. 2003 Italian juniors doping. Where are they now? 2009 Ukranian juniors doping where are they now?
America, different rules I guess.

Giro riders 2010 convicted dopers, heroes, Vino, Scarponi, Basso.
Non Americans. Best thing Basso could ever say now,"I never liked that guy..."
Like Pacino in Scarface.....

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I learned....

that nice guys do not always have to finish last.

Assos chamois creme smells good.

Gear down and pedal with a higher cadence.

Do not double dip.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:

You do have a point there, also Virenque comes to mind.
But, you know the saying, “two wrongs don’t make a right”

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Do not dope if you are an American cyclist. 2003 Italian juniors doping. Where are they now? 2009 Ukranian juniors doping where are they now?

I learned that if you tell a lie often enough lots of ill-informed people will believe you.

I also learned that if the story is sensational enough, millions and millions of uninformed people will believe the lies told.

I learned a great defense for bad deeds is charity work.

I learned that enough money can get you out of nearly any jam.

I learned what being a good team mate means.

I learned that if I un-cleat behind a crash I can now say I crashed giving me a bunch of new excuses as to why I didn't win the bike race.

Oh, phantom weight loss and 110 rpm is key. Learnt that too.

So yeah, this thread has merit.

flicker said:
Non Americans.

The only difference I see is that the Italians and Vino spent 2 years sidelined for breaking doping regulations, while Lance spent 2 years in lucrative retirement.
That's the sort of different rules that Americans should appreciate.

Polish said:
Do not double dip.

Today's global market. See if you can spot when the American markets opened:

chart

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:

7 stages of grief.

•Shock or Disbelief

•Denial

•Bargaining

•Guilt

•Anger

•Depression

•Acceptance and Hope

You're nearly there 'flick'.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:

Lance should move to Italy maybe.

Andy Hampsten is popular just for that reason.

ciao

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Oh yeah that is totally true. There was not a single post on this forum questioning whether rice cakes were responsible for CVV and Wigan's form over the last couple years (obviously not including 2010). By the same token no one had ever looked sideways at Lim's claim to have known nothing about what Floyd was up to. Nice selective memory dude.:rolleyes:

That's all, I'll leave you guys to your Whine and Cheese party.

Dude, calm down. I was being facetious. Some of you guys need to get over yourselves. You take this **** too serious.

TRENDING THREADS