• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Levi Leipheimer

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
BikeCentric said:
Perhaps unsurprisingly, all my old racing team-mates skipped the Fondo, but this was equally to do with not supporting a doper as it was to avoid doing a ride with 1,000 unknown squirelly riders.

The anti-squirrely reason trumps the anti-doper support reason, hands down. not worth it. In fact, the other popular training routes are quieter when the Fondo is on yeah? At least they are here...

Dear Wiggo said:
The anti-squirrely reason trumps the anti-doper support reason, hands down. not worth it. In fact, the other popular training routes are quieter when the Fondo is on yeah? At least they are here...

Yes indeed. Hmmm, nice peaceful ride on my normal training routes with no one around, or pay a known doper money and drive an hour to go risk a crash with 1,000 squirrels? Wow, tough choice! :)

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
I skipped it of course, told the clubs why, and asked them why they wanted to ride in an event held by an unrepentant doper who has profited and made his career at the expense of clean riders.

Levi apologised for his doping. That is more than most dopers do or have done.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
M Sport said:
Levi apologised for his doping. That is more than most dopers do or have done.
of course he said sorry, as all caught (or forcefully confessed) dopers who want to continue making a living in cycling have done.
he didn't confess his doping after 2006.
he's unrepentant in my book.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
of course he said sorry, as all caught (or forcefully confessed) dopers who want to continue making a living in cycling have done.

No, they don't. Lets start at the top. Contador didn't apologise, neither did Valverde. Both still active and making a handy living. Countless others, no apology. My point was there was an apology where in most other riders instances there is none. I give bottle some credit for that.

sniper said:

Neither did any rider coping the pathetic 6 month ban, or the rider/s that even escaped with zero ban.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
M Sport said:
No, they don't. Lets start at the top. Contador didn't apologise, neither did Valverde. Both still active and making a handy living. Countless others, no apology. My point was there was an apology where in most other riders instances there is none. I give bottle some credit for that.

what are the Millar and Basso apologies worth. It is just faking an apology to sate the succour (sic) moms. (and betsy). But they are not authentic. They are still not telling the truth. Millar, only doped twice. Basso never.

And I would stake my life on it that when Millar returned he just doped less, but he still doped. Same with Basso.

If that repentence suits you, you have a funny version of repentence.

I dont want someone to apologise because the hue and cry of the public, and they baying for blood.

I would prefer a rider to maintain the facade, or admit that he doped, but he did nothing wrong, and getting caught was his only error. That is the only reason they are sorry. they got caught.

I dont think they need to be sorry for doping when everyone else is.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
M Sport said:

Neither did any rider coping the pathetic 6 month ban, or the rider/s that even escaped with zero ban.
of course there was an apology.
the usps/lance investigation was forcing him to come clean.
he wouldn't have confessed if it weren't for floyd.
after he'd come clean, apologizing was the only logical thing to do, considering he wants to make further living in cycling.
i think everybody who confessed to usada apologized publicly for their doping, for the same or similar reasons. riis et al also apologised for their doping.
it was managed confessions plus managed apologies.
not sure why you want to give anybody any credit for that.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
what are the Millar and Basso apologies worth. It is just faking an apology to sate the succour (sic) moms. (and betsy). But they are not authentic. They are still not telling the truth. Millar, only doped twice. Basso never.

And I would stake my life on it that when Millar returned he just doped less, but he still doped. Same with Basso.

If that repentence suits you, you have a funny version of repentence.

I dont want someone to apologise because the hue and cry of the public, and they baying for blood.

I would prefer a rider to maintain the facade, or admit that he doped, but he did nothing wrong, and getting caught was his only error. That is the only reason they are sorry. they got caught.

Yes, bang on the money

blackcat said:
I dont think they need to be sorry for doping when everyone else is.

They only need to be sorry if they truly are. It has nothing to do with what everyone else was doing. If you are sorry dont just say it but mean it. Levi aint sorry, sorry he got caught like the 99% who do!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the only question is now LEvi;s nickname.

We have numerous alternatives

Bottle, the Shen Shmaltz original and authentic

Bottle's Fondo (possessive noun apostrophe)

Bottles Fondo (sans apostrophe)

Bottles' Fondo (plural possessive)

Bottle Fondo

Fondo Bottles (plural

Fondo Bottle (singular)

Gran Bottle Fondo

Fondo Gran Bottle

Fondo Gran Bottles

Gran Fondo Bottle

Bottles Gran Fondo

Bottle's Gran Fondo.

depending on the popularity, i might make a poll and OP

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:

Actually he admitted transfusing in the 2007 season

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Actually he admitted transfusing in the 2007 season
thanx for the heads up.

anyway, iirc he claimed riding clean for the last five years of his carreer in which he had some very decent results and a period in which, as we are increasingly finding out, doping was still omnipresent.
who is he fooling?

sniper said:
thanx for the heads up.

anyway, iirc he claimed riding clean for the last five years of his carreer in which he had some very decent results and a period in which, as we are increasingly finding out, doping was still omnipresent.
who is he fooling?

2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008.

Not that he was clean any of those years ofc.

Netserk said:
2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008.

Not that he was clean any of those years ofc.

We could just stick with the complete illogic of his 2007 ban.

Ok, he transfused.

BUT,

He raced the whole year with decent results.

SO,

When did he do the extraction?

How did he regenerate his blood supply quickly, and without impact to his results?

The 'classic' approach would be to re-infuse more than once... thus more than one extraction.

Again, how did he regenerate the supply multiple times?

There is a lot more to this.

Dave.

Levi is sorry you have a problem with his doping.

I got a email from another Pro rider who decided to talk to Levi about his feeling – Hey Steve, I read your post on Levi and thought I would share a story with you. Last year at a local race I told Levi that I am angry at him and that I wanted to bury the hatchet because I did not think it was fair to single him out. His response was “Why are you angry?” When I told him that he acted unfairly and cheated he flatly denied that he cheated anyone and went on to say that he never doped for the domestic races that he won. Either this man is disillusional or stupider than he looks. All I wanted was a little apology or “I can see how you feel that way.”

http://stevetilford.com/2014/07/17/...our-let-lance-keep-his-titles-levi-follow-up/

Apparently the guy is $2500 richer for winning a "fun ride."

The guy is symbolic of everything wrong with the sport in the U.S.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
http://stevetilford.com/2014/07/17/...our-let-lance-keep-his-titles-levi-follow-up/

Last year at a local race I told Levi that I am angry at him and that I wanted to bury the hatchet because I did not think it was fair to single him out. His response was “Why are you angry?” When I told him that he acted unfairly and cheated he flatly denied that he cheated anyone and went on to say that he never doped for the domestic races that he won. Either this man is disillusional or stupider than he looks. All I wanted was a little apology or “I can see how you feel that way.” **** him

Wow, delusional.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Fraudheimer showed up at the Crusher in the Tushar, apparently called it a "mass-start timed event", then proceeded it race it and take home the $2,500 prize. Levi is quite possibly an even bigger dirtbag than Lance.
hubrisknowsnobounds hashtag#

TRENDING THREADS