• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Levi Leipheimer

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Levi's preferred coffee brand?

Tommy D's Mt Evans blend?

31YaU1UdYAL.jpg

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
So great to see how its all ending up for lovely guys like LL, GH, CVV, TD, RH, MB: industry support, tv gigs, side biz's intact, book deals, sold out luvin's (aka fondos), winning money at the "fun" races, and thumbs up from the current stars of "clean" cycling, etc etc. I am super sure that all the ambitious youngsters out there can well see the proof positif that doping does not pay! Never, never, never!

westerner said:
So great to see how its all ending up for lovely guys like LL, GH, CVV, TD, RH, MB: industry support, tv gigs, side biz's intact, book deals, sold out luvin's (aka fondos), winning money at the "fun" races, and thumbs up from the current stars of "clean" cycling, etc etc. I am super sure that all the ambitious youngsters out there can well see the proof positif that doping does not pay! Never, never, never!

LOL, Don't forget GH's Cycling INN.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
westerner said:
good post.

westerner said:

Don't forget teaching the Juniors about the "lifestyle commitment" required to be on the WT at USA Cycling training camps.

Nicely summarizes how the U.S. federation (really Thom Wiesel) is perfectly okay with doping. I fully realize there will always be determined cheats who are successful. But, their preferences are clear.

And, BTW most American license holders seem to have no problem with this either.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Don't forget teaching the Juniors about the "lifestyle commitment" required to be on the WT at USA Cycling training camps.

Nicely summarizes how the U.S. federation (really Thom Wiesel) is perfectly okay with doping. I fully realize there will always be determined cheats who are successful. But, their preferences are clear.

And, BTW most American license holders seem to have no problem with this either.
"lifestyle commitment" sounds like Levi and Odessa are swinging or joining a commune or Hayte Ashbury and peace love and more free harmony love,

blackcat said:
"lifestyle commitment" sounds like Levi and Odessa are swinging or joining a commune or Hayte Ashbury and peace love and more free harmony love,

Actually, it's a quote from a caption from a USA Cycling Junior training camp where Hincapie (i think) stops by and talks to the kids. Not joking.

Of course, the photo was taken down.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Actually, it's a quote from a caption from a USA Cycling Junior training camp where Hincapie (i think) stops by and talks to the kids. Not joking.

Of course, the photo was taken down.
sounds like group sex and swinging to me.

one always knew at heart Levi had the DNA of a wheelsucker

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
sounds like group sex and swinging to me.

one always knew at heart Levi had the DNA of a wheelsucker

I thought wheelsuckers borrowed DNA. They all seem to lack defining characteristics except suction.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
I thought wheelsuckers borrowed DNA. They all seem to lack defining characteristics except suction.
you can now get your doping DNA in peptides.

Levi had his wetnurse dope him in the crib with this peptide

Levi?

Long hilarious comment posted on Tilford's blog using the name Levi. You will do yourself a disservice if you don't read it slowly and take it all in. EDIT: I give it 50% odds it's Wonderboy. Otherwise a sterling example of a cheat.

http://stevetilford.com/2014/08/08/remorseful-or-repugnant

Ya well all this he said, she said **** is stupid. The rules are the same if you’re a nice guy or a huge ****** bag. Some think I’m a huge ****** bag, lots more think Lance was. Tyler was known as the nicest guy in cycling until he got popped. It all turns on a dime. Floyd was a total nut job, but seems to have gained fandom by giving cycling the double middle finger. I think that’s probably the best attitude of all. Cyclist think of triathletes as huge dorks, well here’s a news flash, the rest of the world doesn’t differentiate. Any guy in spandex, especially if he has a gut, or is riding in the middle of the road is a huge ****** and an embarresment to the general public. That will never change in the USA. If you think the public views you differently because you’re fast, you’re wrong. Very wrong.

Dave Z….. meh, just another doper. Nice guy? OK sure. Who cares what he does now? Is anyone writing blog posts about Rafael Palmero or Roger Clemens, or 10 billion other athletes in every sport imaginable. This is how it has worked for a long time and will continue to be forever or until they just legalize it all.

Can’t you see, the dopers win? They’re millionaires, they ripped it all off, but its not even punishable by law. If you rob a bank and get $5,000.xx but later get caught, you’re going to federal prison. Cheat at sports, get fame, fortune, ***** and CASH. In the end they steal from clean athletes, so very true. But that’s who they are, criminals. So why act surprised or so ****ed off after the fact? That’s how it works. Cheaters are rich and famous and clean athletes are chumps with a lot of anger. We didn’t start this ****, cycling and all sports have been filthy forever. You think Merkx or Indurain or Hinault were clean? Lemond? No way in hell! Pull your head out of your ***! Lemond still has the fastest average speed for a TT in the HISTORY OF THE TOUR DE FRANCE! There’s been so much doping, that we don’t even know who won most of the tours. People think he was clean because he spoke out against Lance. **** man he was jealous. Nice guys get jealous too you know, just like they dope and lie.

Horner tried for a while, then said **** it, I’m gonna cash in here before its too late. The rest of them made bank, why shouldn’t I? And good for Chris, he’s a hell of a good guy too! He spanked Levi in the TOC once, won the Vuelta at age 42, dropped Nibali et all. **** man, heres how it works in pro sports. If you turn on your TV and see an athlete competing in a sport, chances are much, much greater that that person is on the dope, especially if it has anything to do with, speed, strength, or endurance. Tennis, swimming, running, cycling, baseball, football, basketball, hockey, golf, motocross, weightlifting…..etc. are all filthy. Some are good guys, some are ****** bags, that’s the part that matters the least!

Good guys cheat, and dope and lie. Not everyone likes everyone. Like you plainly state here, you don’t like me, and that’s fine. Everyone is different so everyone shouldn’t like everyone, but this is your blog and therefore your readers, who obviously like you, are gonna agree with you. But for every pro guy there’s thousands of little jock sniffing wanna be’s that wallow around beneath us. We all have our minions and they’ll all speak on emotion at times, (on the interwebs of course). So all of my followers think you’re a ****** just like all of yours think I am. So where have we gotten? I’m a millionaire, I never have to work another day in my life. I live in an awesome place where the weather and riding are perfect just about year round. I can fly off to anywhere and do whatever I want whenever I want. I have tons of Pro Tour buddies who also have come to grips with the situation and we train together all the time. Froomey is only one of hundreds. I have a hot wife too. You live in Kansas and drive around the country getting yourself fixed from crashing constantly, and telling us all for the 1000th time that you won the first ever mountain bike nationals. That and anti Levi posts or anti anyone you don’t think handled the doping right, on this blog of yours….. Ya, I’m the loser!

**** man, just let it go. WE ALL doped. The entire peleton is on dope still today, and if they’re not they aint getting, **** for results.

Jens Voight…. Cmon man! Great guy, Great Doper too. Get over it.

DirtyWorks said:
Long hilarious comment posted on Tilford's blog using the name Levi. You will do yourself a disservice if you don't read it slowly and take it all in. EDIT: I give it 50% odds it's Levi and 50% odds it's Wonderboy.

http://stevetilford.com/2014/08/08/remorseful-or-repugnant

Highly doubt that is Levi, especially after reading the second post. I have only heard Levi speak a few times and he just doesn't seem that aggressive. Wonderboy on the other hand, totally could see that.

More likely to be some fanboy posing as a pro or maybe a WAG.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
GuyIncognito said:
Don't think it's the real Levi though

Oh FFS, of course it's not Levi.

(Not directing this at you, Guy. Just trying to steer the discussion here.)

pmcg76 said:
I have only heard Levi speak a few times and he just doesn't seem that aggressive.

If one of those times was his TED talk, than kudos to you for still being awake.

TRENDING THREADS