• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liège-Bastogne-Liège 2021 (April 25th)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pog is the best cyclist in the world and Rog is not too far behind but I am not looking forward to them slogging it out at the Tour to be honest

Why ?

becasue they are too alike and neare each other and I dont like those final 4km mountain top sprints deciding GT along with strong TTs

I want a duel between different riders. i want the drama and the unknown
The long range attack that may not work out , I want the underdog to have a chance even if its only for awhile

There I said it

In fairness to Ineos, who I’ve just been mocking, they only really made one big mistake. When Tao ripped the field apart and left them in a small group with most of the favourites, they needed to attack immediately. Instead they seemed surprised by their own success and hesitated. Other than that big screw up, they were the most ambitious of the teams without a rider who made the final selection and they played their cards pretty well.

the teams that give something a go and fail always get more grief than the ones that just passively lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fernandez
Seriously? Because he was supertucking(ish) for maybe two seconds, and - as the Danish commentators pointed out - might having simply (briefly) forgotten about the rule in the heat of battle.
So?

He lost no result worth speaking about, and it should be a decent reminder to other riders to not slip up. Better set a precedent now than DQ a winner in a controversial decision without a precedent.

So?

He lost no result worth speaking about, and it should be a decent reminder to other riders to not slip up. Better set a precedent now than DQ a winner in a controversial decision without a precedent.
I'm not a fan of the rule, but I do feel that rules should be followed when they are there. It would be way too chaotic if you start giving exceptions.

Just shows how stupid the rule is.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Best rider in the world on climbs between 2'30 and 3'

Bet he doesn't get top 5 in the world on Montelupone.
I agree, before the 2019 Tour happened I always saw him as overrated on +5min climbs.
Roglic is clearly not as explosive near the end of a 250km race, looks like 2020 was a bit of an outliner because of the post-Tour supercompensation.
Reminds me of his results in the Italian Autumn classics in 2019 when he was a monster in the Giro dell' Emilia, but couldn't drop the other favourites in the Giro di Lombardia.