• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liège-Bastogne-Liège 2021 (April 25th)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That rule needs a "yellow card".

Like in Race Walking, where when the athletes don't walk with the required "position", they are given warnings before being thrown out of the race.

Like they at least already implemented with the Litter Rule. And I'd say purposely littering* is worse than supertucking for two seconds.

*Of course it's hard to always know when it's on purpose, and when it's an accident.

He was hardly supertucking, his butt was still touching the seat and wasn't like Froome like all on the top tube.

Ez1JpBFXsAAgCvU

I agree, before the 2019 Tour happened I always saw him as overrated on +5min climbs.
Roglic is clearly not as explosive near the end of a 250km race, looks like 2020 was a bit of an outliner because of the post-Tour supercompensation.
Reminds me of his results in the Italian Autumn classics in 2019 when he was a monster in the Giro dell' Emilia, but couldn't drop the other favourites in the Giro di Lombardia.
Alaphilippe went from overrated on 5 min+ climbs to overrated finisher overnight.

Roglic is probably the clearest example of 200 vs 250km right now, but I wouldn't be extremely hasty making too many conclusions. But he's so good after 200km he can fall off a bit and still be competitive. Don't know how much work he puts into it though.

Reactions: ppanther92
Roglic is clearly not as explosive near the end of a 250km race, looks like 2020 was a bit of an outliner because of the post-Tour supercompensation.
Reminds me of his results in the Italian Autumn classics in 2019 when he was a monster in the Giro dell' Emilia, but couldn't drop the other favourites in the Giro di Lombardia.

Nah at that Lombardia he was probably the strongest and came there as a super hot favorite (two semi-classics win and Vuelta), Mollema attacked and he made mistake letting it go. In a group with him, nobody was willing to work, he than attacked but it was too late. I think he fu*ked himself tacticly there more as to fade at the end.

Reactions: johnymax
Nice race. Pogacar won. He is probably the only cyclist that I don't like in the Worldtour. I need to find a way to like him if I am to continue watching cycling for many years. At least he give us good action in the races.

Nice to see Carapaz giving us a little scare.

Interesting. I don't mind Pogacar. Not in my list of favorites, but don't dislike him. There are a handful of riders I actively cheer against, so am more than happy to see him beat those riders which includes 2 of the riders in that group today.

I don't know. I can't get warm with Pogacar. There's nothing really to be said against him, but he just appears so cold and too focused for me.
For me, I think it's because I usually root for the underdog. Pogacar has become best-of-the-best so quickly that there was barely any time to appreciate him as an up-and-coming rider which means that there's nothing to build liking him upon for me. Van der Poel is somewhat similar in this regard but compensates by riding extremely aggressively.

Ya the one where he comes off the back but realized that he won't get away from Ala on the flat so held on for the sprint and came 3rd.

Why is he dumb but not the 2 guys he beat in the sprint ?

And possibly had a cramp. Or at least the beginning of one.

If you forget about the rule not to studs up tackle in soccer it's still a red card.

Well... I'm pretty sure studs up tackling is actually harmful.

TRENDING THREADS