• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 102 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
gustienordic said:
with that statement Cancellara loses alot of respect from me! that is a horrible comment!! Too bad Fabian, they still BEAT you.

Cancellara is usually a somewhat classy rider... but with that statement? wow.

Agreed, but I bet you it is just a matter of time on here before it's Andy's fault;)

Race Radio said:
Blogging? I do not blog,

Yes, sponsors come and go but CMO do not often get fired unless their strategy stunk. Attaching your brand to a toxic person is a risk.

Agreed. It’s one thing to throw your own money in but to risk shareholder cash is irresponsible.

I don't remember the last time Lance pumped any of his own money into a team.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
lol he's not classy.he's riccardo ricco without the medical assistance stories and tests around.

still a great champ,amazing athlete so he can afford to say whatever he wants.and everything he says there is true let's face it.

Not really, Chavanel kicked his *** and will do it again this year. He didn't look any better than Hushovd at Roubaix either. He just caught him by surprise at the end.

Anyway, he still has no team and he's still as arrogant. Roll on 2011 :cool:

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
lol I just now caught this. Cancellara is still crying about Nuyens and Vansummeren's Monument wins. :p

Sometimes he can be so full of himself.:( Him still dwelling on this, it makes me see how the mindset of the Schleck's (Chaingate, Sastre's 2008 Tour win) has been cultivated and refined. Or maybe it's just a collective philosophy.

Angliru said:
Sometimes he can be so full of himself.:( Him still dwelling on this, it makes me see how the mindset of the Schleck's (Chaingate, Sastre's 2008 Tour win) has been cultivated and refined. Or maybe it's just a collective philosophy.

It’s silly. Because winning a race is not just powering off the front looking around then going for a 30km solo victory. Yes it worked a couple of times but if your opposition wises up and puts guys in a break then you have to try a brand new show.

Last year was evident that the other riders weren’t going to let him do the same. He got frustrated and didn’t have a plan B.

The guy is stupid because he going to lose more Flanders/Roubaix’s than win with this attitude.

He may be the strongest but he’s not the smartest.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Not really, Chavanel kicked his *** and will do it again this year. He didn't look any better than Hushovd at Roubaix either. He just caught him by surprise at the end.

Anyway, he still has no team and he's still as arrogant. Roll on 2011 :cool:

hmm.. pistrollero losing control.

chavanel didn't kicked his *** and canc simply destroyed hushovd. he also beat gilbert at san remo, and he destroyed him this year when they raced against each other.

he is simply the best rider around (bar contador).

sorry.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Well this year the Ronde is different to anybody not forget this. I don't really know if this favours other riders or is a plus for Cancellara. It just seems he's quite thin. Even my girlfriend remarked it and she's not that much into watching cycling as i am.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Agreed. It’s one thing to throw your own money in but to risk shareholder cash is irresponsible.

I don't remember the last time Lance pumped any of his own money into a team.

What has this got to do with LA anymore. He doesn't ride for or own any part of the team. Apart from Livestrong sponsorship and even that link is very weak.

As I said maybe some people should try moving on.

The trouble at the moment is the UCI want to globalise the sport but we still only have local and regional sponsors who don't really want to pay to race on the other side of the world to where they do business. Not sure what should come first, a global sport or global sponsors who will pay for it.

Maybe the UCI could do more to get sponsors on board

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
c&cfan said:
hmm.. pistrollero losing control.

chavanel didn't kicked his *** and canc simply destroyed hushovd. he also beat gilbert at san remo, and he destroyed him this year when they raced against each other.

he is simply the best rider around (bar contador).

sorry.

Cancellara destroyed no one last year :eek:

Still mad he got beaten by Matt Goss, Nuyens and Vansummeren?

Gilbert at least won real races last year, can't say the same about Cancellara :eek:

If getting second means beating someone, Poulidor must have been the best cyclist in the world :eek: Getting second is just the last loser, he didn't beat Gilbert at Milan-San Remo lol. Unless you like second places, well you won't be disappointed this season then ;)

DISCLAIMER: troll post asks for troll reaction.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on top of the Team Rankings after 3 events.
Tour Down Under, Paris - Nice, and Tirreno-Adriatico. FYI...

1 RADIOSHACK-NISSAN-TREK (RNT) LUX 233
2 SKY PROCYCLING (SKY) GBR 219
3 MOVISTAR TEAM (MOV) ESP 192

4 VACANSOLEIL-DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM (VCD) NED 176
5 KATUSHA TEAM (KAT) RUS 126
6 LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE (LIQ) ITA 123
7 GREENEDGE CYCLING TEAM (GEC) AUS 118
8 ASTANA PRO TEAM (AST) KAZ 89
9 AG2R LA MONDIALE (ALM) FRA 74
10 BMC RACING TEAM (BMC) USA 52

11 FDJ-BIG MAT (FDJ) FRA 47
12 LAMPRE - ISD (LAM) ITA 42
13 OMEGA PHARMA-QUICKSTEP (OPQ) BEL 33
14 LOTTO BELISOL TEAM (LTB) BEL 31
15 RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM (RAB) NED 27
16 GARMIN - BARRACUDA (GRM) USA 6
17 - TEAM SAXO BANK (SAX) DEN 1

Polish said:
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on top of the Team Rankings after 3 events.
Tour Down Under, Paris - Nice, and Tirreno-Adriatico. FYI...

1 RADIOSHACK-NISSAN-TREK (RNT) LUX 233
2 SKY PROCYCLING (SKY) GBR 219
3 MOVISTAR TEAM (MOV) ESP 192

4 VACANSOLEIL-DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM (VCD) NED 176
5 KATUSHA TEAM (KAT) RUS 126
6 LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE (LIQ) ITA 123
7 GREENEDGE CYCLING TEAM (GEC) AUS 118
8 ASTANA PRO TEAM (AST) KAZ 89
9 AG2R LA MONDIALE (ALM) FRA 74
10 BMC RACING TEAM (BMC) USA 52

11 FDJ-BIG MAT (FDJ) FRA 47
12 LAMPRE - ISD (LAM) ITA 42
13 OMEGA PHARMA-QUICKSTEP (OPQ) BEL 33
14 LOTTO BELISOL TEAM (LTB) BEL 31
15 RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM (RAB) NED 27
16 GARMIN - BARRACUDA (GRM) USA 6
17 - TEAM SAXO BANK (SAX) DEN 1

whoopie!:rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Forunculo said:
that depends of Grand Tours, if they go only for Le Tour it's impossible

It really all depends on the GT's ... a somewhat realistic goal for Fuglsang at the Giro would be top-10 I suppose, top-5 would be all expections exceeded. At the Tour it depends who they ride for, they could very well miss the podium. On the other hand they could place 3 riders in the top-10 so that must be worth something in terms of points I suppose. For the Vuelta it depends on whom they send ... last year Monfort did great but this year's course doesn't suit him at all. Top-5 with Horner or Klöden might be possible, assuming Schlecks will focus on WC.

Glad to see Vacansoleil so high up there but it really shows how screwed up the system is when RANT is in front of OPQS, Lotto, Sky, FDJ ...

A

Anonymous

Benotti69 said:
Sums up the whole back slapping that has been going on between the UCI, Bruyneel and Armstrong since 1999. The cycling mafia.

Yep. When one 'owns' the UCI then one gets rules bent. Nothing new but disturbing nonetheless.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Christian said:
It really all depends on the GT's ... a somewhat realistic goal for Fuglsang at the Giro would be top-10 I suppose, top-5 would be all expections exceeded. At the Tour it depends who they ride for, they could very well miss the podium. On the other hand they could place 3 riders in the top-10 so that must be worth something in terms of points I suppose. For the Vuelta it depends on whom they send ... last year Monfort did great but this year's course doesn't suit him at all. Top-5 with Horner or Klöden might be possible, assuming Schlecks will focus on WC.

Glad to see Vacansoleil so high up there but it really shows how screwed up the system is when RANT is in front of OPQS, Lotto, Sky, FDJ ...

While in some extent I agree, I mostly disagree in a way that OPQS wins a lot of small races, same with FDJ. But they don't perform that well in the big races, obviously so far with just 3 races . Sky performs very well but RNT is just consistent and had a top 5 rider at TdU and Tirreno, while at PN Monfort was 7th I think. The big races count, and that's where OPQS and FDJ didn't do great so far, well expect Boonen great win.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
While in some extent I agree, I mostly disagree in a way that OPQS wins a lot of small races, same with FDJ. But they don't perform that well in the big races, obviously so far with just 3 races . Sky performs very well but RNT is just consistent and had a top 5 rider at TdU and Tirreno, while at PN Monfort was 7th I think. The big races count, and that's where OPQS and FDJ didn't do great so far, well expect Boonen great win.

Lol, there's only been 2 "big" races so far :rolleyes:

And they did great, but Leipheimer got eliminated by Movistar. RSNT has been crap so far except Cancellara and Horner. And Horner still lost didn't he?