• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 76 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
pugdog said:
http://gritandglimmer.com/chris-horner-gives-fallen-rider-and-bike-a-2k-ride-to-the-finish/
that's the Chris Horner story.

I wonder if the Schlecklets insistence on concentrating on the Tour isn't Becca induced rather than any particular mania of theirs?

Thanks! Can't wait for him and Voigt to ride together, they might be old f*rts but they have some character and motivation that many other much younger riders could really need a slice of.

As for Schlecks and TdF I think it is mainly the Schlecks' own obsession, as they already had it before teaming up with Becca. The Ardennes and the Tour are the only races they really care about. You could add Paris-Nice and Tour de Suisse for Fränk, Olympics and WC if the course fits them

May 11, 2009
Visit site
maxmartin said:
it will be very funny, scheleck brother don't even get invited to tdf, if radioshacl failed secured a pro team status:D

Except that the TdF invites non-protour teams every year. They are in a position to veer away from UCI policies thank goodness.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget they usually only invite french team, while FDJ is pro now, maybe they will invite a non-french team, but who knows you don't want to put your fate on invitation list, anything can happen:)

avanti said:
Except that the TdF invites non-protour teams every year. They are in a position to veer away from UCI policies thank goodness.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
Don't forget they usually only invite french team, while FDJ is pro now, maybe they will invite a non-french team, but who knows you don't want to put your fate on invitation list, anything can happen:)

BUT They don´t only invite French teams Skil BMC in the last 2 years - yes the focus on french teams - as Giro and Vuelta have more of their countries as Wild card and ASO did announce last year that it was a 1 off.

Rant and Greenedge will get WT - UCI wants the licence cash just smaoke and Mirrors - making it look hard.

WC for the tour imo

Europcar
Cofidis
Old Skil

and I´m not sure on the last but will got out on a limb and say UHC but I don´t think it will be French

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
uhc WHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you are american or something? thanks for the hard laugh final wc will go to saur then of course. or any cpt team but uhc basically

just some guy said:
WC for the tour imo

Europcar
Cofidis
Old Skil

and I´m not sure on the last but will got out on a limb and say UHC but I don´t think it will be French
Maybe, just maybe Team Type 1 will be invited because of its new French input, but UHC seems out of the question. Saur-Sojasun however is the most likely candidate for the 4th wild card.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
uhc WHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you are american or something? thanks for the hard laugh final wc will go to saur then of course. or any cpt team but uhc basically

No I am not American and I might be wrong but I do think UHC is worth a GT wildcard next year been saying that for 6 months

Saur I don´t see after this years Tour ASO were not happy

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
LOL with what?? sutherland and forster??

saur and coldeportes will be first pct's to be considered for sure after those 3 already named. team type 1 is only liked by zomegnan because he has diabetes himself but with zomegnan out so are chances fro type 1 of riding any gt unless they buy some proper riders

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
LOL with what?? sutherland and forster??

saur and coldeportes will be first pct's to be considered for sure after those 3 already named. team type 1 is only liked by zomegnan because he has diabetes himself but with zomegnan out so are chances fro type 1 of riding any gt unless they buy some proper riders

As I said out on a limb

Coldeportes would be fun again just pointing some stuff out there UHC being from the states and money being important gives them a different edge.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
no it does not. radioshack is already in and in usa nobody knows uhc cycling team. it's a minor team. prudhomme has already stated a few times he wants a colombian team next year in 100th edition. maybe already one year in advance :) no I doin't really expect that. I expect saur but uhc have about 0 chance

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
maxmartin said:

True, ASO want French teams in the Tour, it's quite normal and having only Ag2R as a PRT team this year they gave all the wild cards to home teams but having Ag2R and FDJ next year (and taking into account that Saur's wild card for this year's Tour is not something that will absolutely happen in 2012) there will be some spots left for non-French teams at next year's Tour. So on the one hand the more French teams in the WT means the easier for a non-French team to get a Tour wild card.

But the flip side is that the most of French teams (apart from Ag2R first of all) care about the Tour and only the Tour, they don't care about being a PRT but about the Tour invitation. Of course it's normal that for a French team the Tour is the main objective but the best example of how do they treat other races is a situation with Cofidis in 2010:

They (Cofidis) had started the season with numerous wins, mostly in second-tier races from January to June but then the Tour came. FDJ, Ag2R and BBox all got stage wins but Cofidis got nothing. I don't remember who gave that interview, possibly Eric Boyer (current general manager of Cofidis) but it was said something like: we feel sorry to be the only French team to not perform well in the Tour, the team was too active in the first part of season, it was a mistake, it won't happen again... :(

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site