• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Some more pictures of the training camp:

http://www.lequotidien.lu/les-sports/29828.html

The first one are riders of the new CT.

Andy Schleck admitted himself that he was a bit lost during yesterday's training session. And there is a good reason because Andy has been riding with a fixed gear (44x16) for several weeks. He explains: "It's not easy to get back to a normal bike after that. But a fixed gear is a good way to find a smooth pedaling. I hadn't done this since being in the junior ranks..." And this idea was imposed to him by Johan Bruyneel, in order to improve his ITT skills. Other riders such as Laurent Didier have also been doing this.

Looks like Andy did change his preparation because of Bruyneel, even though he promised not to!

Christian said:

Andy Schleck admitted himself that he was a bit lost during yesterday's training session. And there is a good reason because Andy has been riding with a fixed gear (44x16) for several weeks. He explains: "It's not easy to get back to a normal bike after that. But a fixed gear is a good way to find a smooth pedaling. I hadn't done this since being in the junior ranks..." And this idea was imposed to him by Johan Bruyneel, in order to improve his ITT skills. Other riders such as Laurent Didier have also been doing this.

Looks like Andy did change his preparation because of Bruyneel, even though he promised not to!

He was always going to. He will also ride the Dauphine for the first time in his career. Of course, that has NOTHING to do with Bruyneel, but with Frank and Andy reaching that conclusion themselves. ;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
So the recent story on CN states the possible Tour team for RLT (RadioShack-Leopard-Trek):

Picking nine riders from a 30-deep ProTour squad line-up is always a challenge for the sport's premier event, particularly from one as deep in talent as Bruyneel's team which features three Tour de France podium finishers in Andy Schleck, Fränk Schleck and Andreas Klöden plus numerous stalwarts such as Fabian Cancellara, Jens Voigt, Chris Horner and Yaroslav Popovych.

Does this look like the multi-leader-ed RS team from last year? Well it does too me. Four possible GT threats:

Andy Schleck
Frank Schleck
Andreas Kloden
Chris Horner

and possibly another depending on who the 8th and 9th riders are.

Christian said:

Interesting....
Apart from Clinic business-we know Bruyneel is very disciplined & savvy when it comes down to prepare his crew-the fact is that I've heard before of the bio mechanic issues of Andy & Frank before-so he's right on target to force him to start from scratch & kind of "purge" his style a bit.....

but let's be honest -who am i trying to fool here? we all know everything comes down to the dope:D

My teams would be:

Giro
Andy
Fuglsang
Rohregger
Zaugg
Bakelants
Bennati
Rast
Hermans
Machado

Tour
Andy
Frank
Klöden
Horner
Monfort
Zubeldia
Gerdemann
Cancellara
Voigt

Vuelta
Frank
Horner
Monfort
Zubeldia
Bennati
Irizar
Oliveira
Busche
Roulston

Sucks for young guys like King/Sergent/Nizzolo who might be looking for a GT debut. When you start putting names down it's quite hard to hand out the 27 spots trying to give as many a go as possible (no Posthuma or Popovych).

With the leaders it's fairly straight forward, Andy (Fuglsang too) goes the the Giro to win, then continues to the Tour as well as he can whilst Frank and Klöden peak for July. The Vuelta is basically whoever still has the legs. Horner will probably peak for the 4th GT, so it might be an idea for him to go easy in France, or leave him out altogether, then come back for the Vuelta.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
It's going to be very hard indeed. For example I think you didn't give Bennati a real lead-out man in any of the teams (not counting Monfort). That might be a spot that Wagner or Nizzolo could fill. I think by the end of the season he had adapted to the pro level quite well (Tour of Poland for example) and he could give it a shot.

I would also put Zaugg in the Vuelta team again, he's been doing that for years and it could set him up for another good end of the season like this year. Popovych must be in one of them too, Posthuma is maybe not such a big loss. Didier probably has a slot somewhere.

But you're right it's too bad for the young guys like Sergent & co!

Christian said:
It's going to be very hard indeed. For example I think you didn't give Bennati a real lead-out man in any of the teams (not counting Monfort). That might be a spot that Wagner or Nizzolo could fill. I think by the end of the season he had adapted to the pro level quite well (Tour of Poland for example) and he could give it a shot.

I would also put Zaugg in the Vuelta team again, he's been doing that for years and it could set him up for another good end of the season like this year. Popovych must be in one of them too, Posthuma is maybe not such a big loss. Didier probably has a slot somewhere.

But you're right it's too bad for the young guys like Sergent & co!

Roulston can lead out.

If Popo focuses on Roubaix then maybe he doesn't deserve a GT spot, he was pretty scratchy at the Giro.

http://www.leopardtrek.lu/news/leopard-trek-awarded-its-unique-design
LEOPARD TREK and its design agency, Minale Design Strategy, have won a Design Grand Prix award in the prestigious Super Design competition organized by the Association Design Conseil (ADC) in Paris.
By associating with Minale Design Strategy, a design agency specializing in identity creation, LEOPARD TREK looked to establish its image through its name and a strong identity, thereby breaking with tradition in the sector. LEOPARD TREK has brought a breath of fresh air to the world of professional cycling and the way teams conventionally present themselves to the cycling community.
United on the road as well as off, the team members never lose sight of their main ambition: to fight to win! The brand identity conveys the “true racing” mantra: racing for the sake of it.

This stylish, masculine universe is available via all the different media (bikes, clothes, cars, etc.).

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Admit it... you want to be part of that stylish masculine universe. Starting with a scarf.

I'm holding on for the LEoPARD manbag when it comes out :p

images

A

Anonymous

Bit that got me..

The Design Grand Prix was awarded for the coherence of the style universe but is also a tribute to the results achieved - results which have exceeded expectations! Very notable is the team jersey, which broke all sales records during the Tour de France, a symbol of strong commitment to the brand. The team has also managed to successfully attract two new sponsors, RadioShack and Nissan, to form one of the best peloton teams around today. “More than just the brand name of a cycling team, LEOPARD has become, in the space of just a few months, a brand with attitude. It has been translated into a wide range of merchandising that will continue to attract fans and design enthusiasts,” concludes Ricardo Scheidecker.

TeamSkyFans said:
Bit that got me..

The Design Grand Prix was awarded for the coherence of the style universe but is also a tribute to the results achieved - results which have exceeded expectations! Very notable is the team jersey, which broke all sales records during the Tour de France, a symbol of strong commitment to the brand. The team has also managed to successfully attract two new sponsors, RadioShack and Nissan, to form one of the best peloton teams around today. “More than just the brand name of a cycling team, LEOPARD has become, in the space of just a few months, a brand with attitude. It has been translated into a wide range of merchandising that will continue to attract fans and design enthusiasts,” concludes Ricardo Scheidecker.

What a load of bs.:(

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
You didn't like the riders, the jersey, thought they didn't meet expectations ... that's fine. You didn't like their website? Look at your own pathetic one, and you're supposed to be some sort of artist/webdesigner if I understand correctly (talking to no one in specific). (;) ).

But what I personally believe to be correct is that the team was completely styled through, every little detail that remotely had something to do with the team fit into the image that they wanted to create of themselves. I think if one disregarded the controversy of its startup and the riders and DS's one hates, one would have to objectively agree that they succeeded in creating a good image for the team. Of course that is until they fired Nygaard and traded half of their "best friends" for even bester friends. But that's not something this design agency could control, so I say job well done design agency, you deserve this award and may this land you many more contracts.

Christian said:
You didn't like the riders, the jersey, thought they didn't meet expectations ... that's fine. You didn't like their website? Look at your own pathetic one, and you're supposed to be some sort of artist/webdesigner if I understand correctly (talking to no one in specific). (;) ).

But what I personally believe to be correct is that the team was completely styled through, every little detail that remotely had something to do with the team fit into the image that they wanted to create of themselves. I think if one disregarded the controversy of its startup and the riders and DS's one hates, one would have to objectively agree that they succeeded in creating a good image for the team. Of course that is until they fired Nygaard and traded half of their "best friends" for even bester friends. But that's not something this design agency could control, so I say job well done design agency, you deserve this award and may this land you many more contracts.

This is why I despise this team. So much hypocrisy.