• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 176 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
learn to ride said:
Zubeldia turns down Nibali/Astana approach to stay with RadioShack Nissan

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...-approach-to-stay-with-RadioShack-Nissan.aspx

You know how last year, just before Leopard folded/merged with RS, the team was just starting to gain some unity and the riders worked better together (like in the Vuelta)?

Maybe this team should actually continue, without the people that hate it (Fuglsang) or will be banned for live (Johan). Maybe these guys just need some stability.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Cancellator said:
This is so terrible: http://shop.radioshacknissantrek.com/united-states/shop/key-ring-6-pcs-for-60/product-en.htm?or=6589370567&cu=euro

Only 80 Euros for some of the worst-looking key rings imagined? No wonder their finances are going so well...

I for one very much desire a set of those keyrings. They are utterly cute. Had I been aware of them sooner I would probably not have posted so harshly about team Radioshack Nissan Trek as I have. Imagine walking around with Bruyneel in your pocket. Do you suppose the Fränk Schleck one has a tiny plastic knife sticking out of his back?

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
According to Bruyneel's latest blog post Andy won't be riding the Vuelta:

- I'm happy to report that Andy Schleck is set to resume racing soon. We've established a schedule for the remainder of the season where he should be in a good position to attain results - USA Pro Cycling Challenge, Canadian races, followed by Worlds and the two Chinese races.

http://www.johanbruyneel.com/blog/article/2012-tour-de-france-blog-4-closing-thoughts-looking-ahead

Instead we can look forward to an epic battle between Contador and ... :rolleyes: ... Monfort/Machado. Way to make the fans happy and secure sponsors maximum exposure! Why the f is this pos still making decisions on team Radioshack Nissan Trek?!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
HL2037 said:
According to Bruyneel's latest blog post Andy won't be riding the Vuelta:

Instead we can look forward to an epic battle between Contador and ... :rolleyes: ... Monfort/Machado. Way to make the fans happy and secure sponsors maximum exposure! Why the f is this pos still making decisions on team Radioshack Nissan Trek?!

Thanks for sharing ... terrible decision IMO. Andy will get no results at any of those races. He wouldn't have gotten any at the Vuelta either but at least he would have gotten a GT in his legs with the perspective for next season

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Christian said:
Ah, but now you are talking about two different things - the huge loss and the delayed wages. Of course both might be related though as you correctly infer!

Lol yeah this is pretty bad. I assume the bald one is Chris Horner, the others are indistinguishable

Horner was helped back on in the TdF by Saxo, a the tack-gate stage after a long solo chase. I wonder why? ;)

May 30, 2009
Visit site
jonjungel said:
The only rational reason I can see for this, is that doing the Vuelta straight from injury would be too hard for him.

And it's enhanced by the crappy shape Andy was in before the injury. Would be like only opening the books the night before the exam.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
movingtarget said:
And who will do that ? Europe is struggling even more. Established races have been disappearing off the calendar and teams are struggling find sponsors. Plus the Armstrong, Contador, Schleck sagas do not help much.

:rolleyes: I believe you missed the sarcasm.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Looks like RSH is done in pro cycling, with a loss like that no financial institution would participate in any kind of rescue plan, unless they skip their involvement in cycling. It looks pretty bad for the team.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
cineteq said:
Anybody wants to make me an avatar of Horner? LOL!! :D

rsnt0064_key-ring-chris-horner.jpg

Horner

rsnt0065_key-ring-fabian-cancellara.jpg

Fabian

rsnt0063_key-ring-frank-schleck.jpg

Frank Schleck