• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liggettisms TDF 2011

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Camera is moving from Andy's shoes to his helmet while Andy is in the start house Phil comments on the view:

Everything is yellow for him his gloves, his jersey, his shorts, his shoes, his bike.

Camera shows his bike is white and shoes are black.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BigRingAbuse said:
Paul Sherwen, stage 16/17:

"you're certain to win if you go across the line alone"

Thats not as dumb as it sounds - just saying that attacking and dropping people is theoretically more workable than carrying them to the line on the assumption you'll out-sprint them... but it WAS Paul saying it so....

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Martin318is said:
I'm going to merge this with the Liggettisms thread - however before I do.....

HOW has nobody posted this Tour's all time gem?:

Climbing Luz Ardiden: "Voeckler hasn't put a wheel wrong all day - except for when he crashed of course...."

I think you mean, ""Voy-kler hasn't put a wheel wrong all day - except for when he crashed of course...."

Voy-kler, Boy-sen Hagen, Rock-***...

(That last one is his pronunciation of Rojas... obviously, a bit too rude for here!)

Steve

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Dalakhani said:
I think you mean, ""Voy-kler hasn't put a wheel wrong all day - except for when he crashed of course...."

Voy-kler, Boy-sen Hagen, Rock-***...

(That last one is his pronunciation of Rojas... obviously, a bit too rude for here!)

Steve

You missed out Rabo's 10th man - Phantom rider Maarten Jangel-ee.

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
The Spanish commentator calls him "Martin Jalling". Yep.

It's worse with Christian Knees (/nis/) and Dries (/drais/) Devenyns though.

Any Rabo rider was called Martine Jangle-ee by Phil. I think he really just like saying the name. Glad he got another one on the Champs...of course as was pointed out by another poster...it was really Carlos B.