Louis Meintjes thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is he ever gonna get back to that level when he was a decent prospect? No idea if there is a specific reason for his decline, but he keeps on underperforming. Today 12th in a climbing stage in Langkawi, more than 2 minutes down ...

Is he ever gonna get back to that level when he was a decent prospect? No idea if there is a specific reason for his decline, but he keeps on underperforming. Today 12th in a climbing stage in Langkawi, more than 2 minutes down ...
To be fair. Another former top climber finished 36th, 7 minutes behind him.
I am not going to judge GT guys based on their performance on a random climbing stage in february. I mean even in his good years he rarely had any good results early in the season. Meintjes is a special case. The guy finished top 10 in GTs 3x. Finished top 10 in other WT stage races 2x.
That said. Maybe the stage hunting deprived him of his ninja powers. I saw him on the screen during the Vuelta and that´s never a good sign. Even at his worst Zubeldia was able to hide himself and finish15th-30th in a GT. Same should be possible for Meintjes.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS