• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Louis Meintjes thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When was that? Also, not everyone watches NBCSN.
Either the 2014 Tour after stage 18 or 2015 Tour of California after stage 6. I’m almost positive it was the Tour, since I don’t remember watching Tour of California that year since at the time you had to pay for it and I remember Phil and Paul announcing. Even if you don’t watch NBCSN, the screenshot was shared a lot at the time showing how much of a ninja Zubeldia is.

Either the 2014 Tour after stage 18 or 2015 Tour of California after stage 6. I’m almost positive it was the Tour, since I don’t remember watching Tour of California that year since at the time you had to pay for it and I remember Phil and Paul announcing. Even if you don’t watch NBCSN, the screenshot was shared a lot at the time showing how much of a ninja Zubeldia is.

Guess that's what gave raise to the meme...

So happy for Meintjes!… He fully deserves this.

Before today, he incredibly never even was on the podium of a WT race (at least, he said this, this evening). Everyone seems to like Meintjes, so today we all celebrate him.

Cadel Evans was 34 when he won the TdF. So, I will be cheering for Meintjes to win the Tour the next years. It will be hard, of course… ;)