• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Majka

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Surely his performances derserve suspicion..
But let's remember -He hasn't won a stage h2h with the GC guys and saved himself to great lengths in the first two weeks...

As much as I doubt him, today proves nothing, nothing at all!
They played their cards right again today, and remember -None of the Tinkoff boys has won a stage in direct competition with GC guys...

sniper said:
interesting, thanx.

i noticed majka is from krakow and they do have impressive mountains there.

Mountains don't emit magical rays that transform tall big-boned muscular people into short, slender-limbed thin people.

Just going to repeat it until you get that point into that dense head of yours. Or maybe you believe climbing a mountain gives you that body-type in some crazy magical Lamarckian evolution.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
roundabout said:
So which sponsor was that?

I am genuinely curious because this was the biggest WTF transfer moment for me in years.

Hard to check because all the years of team and cycling info gathered by fans on the forum disappeared with the Tinkoff takeover, but iirc the sponsor was rumoured to be the Strauss Group/Raya Strauss? Part of an initiative to promote cycling and cycle sport in Isreal. They funded the training camp too.

I'll let you guess the other pay to ride riders on the team.

roundabout said:
So which sponsor was that?

I am genuinely curious because this was the biggest WTF transfer moment for me in years.

This was very common when the UCI permitted 5 different names in the team title. Now that they have some name limit (3?? 2??) it absolutely kills an old, reliable method of making a living as a pro. If I recall correctly, there are recent, lowered, limits on how many sponsors can be on the jersey overall too. So, a pro with his/her own commercial backer can't stay in the WT any more.

The new way makes more money for the UCI though. Like everything else they've done, it ensures their status as a minor sport.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Grabbing a motorbike was cheating, why would he not dope if he is prepared to grab motorbikes to gain an advantage......

What was it Brailsford said about you dont cheat on Monday and not Tuesday......

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
This was very common when the UCI permitted 5 different names in the team title. Now that they have some name limit (3?? 2??) it absolutely kills an old, reliable method of making a living as a pro. If I recall correctly, there are recent, lowered, limits on how many sponsors can be on the jersey overall too. So, a pro with his/her own commercial backer can't stay in the WT any more.

The new way makes more money for the UCI though. Like everything else they've done, it ensures their status as a minor sport.

Bingo… In some respects it promotes talent, In others hinders it by economics… A quick look at Motorsport shows how cruel sport can be to the talented if lesser drivers turn up with cash. TK take a bow.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Grabbing a motorbike was cheating, why would he not dope if he is prepared to grab motorbikes to gain an advantage......

What was it Brailsford said about you dont cheat on Monday and not Tuesday......

Absolute proof... close the thread now it's done...

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
So Duggan? (which now you mention it, I think I heard something about his wage being paid)

Yes but his case was special because his former team paid the bill, including that of all their other riders because the decided to 'postpone' the team due ambition not being met by sponsor interest. Whether he would have got a ride on the team without that funding is a question for the team.

I'd be very surprised if most teams didn't have a fair few paying passengers.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

In your honest opinion -Is this potentially stupid/impulsive grab on the motorbike an indication of doping? Because Brailsford said those words?
Or are you just trolling Dave Brailsford? genuine question btw...

EDIT: Or just having fun ?? :)

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Yes grabbing a motorbike was absolute proof he is a cheat. I am convinced.

Maybe others are blind.

Completely agree, and obviously prearranged being that the motor bike was blocking the way and shouldn't have been anywhere near where it was. Same deal for the press car in front of Nibs yesterday… Cheating little twerps… :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
mrhender said:
In your honest opinion -Is this potentially stupid/impulsive grab on the motorbike an indication of doping?

It is cheating, why cheat one way and not another? If a rider is going to cheat in front of cameras what will they be prepared to do away from cameras?

mrhender said:
Because Brailsford said those words?

Yes Brailsford said this to a journalist. Kimmage IIRC.

mrhender said:
Or are you just trolling Dave Brailsford? genuine question btw...

EDIT: Or just having fun ?? :)

It aint trolling. I dont consider doping in sport fun. Watching Majka riding away from a client of Ferrari's aint fun in the sporting sense.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
Completely agree, and obviously prearranged being that the motor bike was blocking the way and shouldn't have been anywhere near where it was. Same deal for the press car in front of Nibs yesterday… Cheating little twerps… :rolleyes:

Cheating yes. Little twerps, i dont see them as such.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
roundabout said:
Yeah, but that was Spidertech money

There was literally nothing announced in connection to Margaliot's signing

Kind of throws a Spanner in the works, Surprised other teams Brorte into the scheme too, Allegedly.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
]It is cheating, why cheat one way and not another? If a rider is going to cheat in front of cameras what will they be prepared to do away from cameras?

That was not what I asked, I asked if it was a indication of doping...
Still waiting for you honest opinion?

Yes Brailsford said this to a journalist. Kimmage IIRC.

I know, hence my statement to clarify that I was aware of this same statement from him..
Still not answering my question here?

It aint trolling. I dont consider doping in sport fun. Watching Majka riding away from a client of Ferrari's aint fun in the sporting sense.
Did I say I find it fun?

But okay, no pun intended, Trolling obviously the wrong word indeed, but with my knowledge -the sentence could be meant as a "hit" on DB, hence the question with a :)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
I get it, moral scruples are black or white, Press bikes and cars have no history of getting in the way. :)

Cheating is a line, when you cross it you cannot uncross it. Yes riders are far down on the pecking order in the TdF (blame ASO/UCI), but last time i checked using them to gain advantage is cheating.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I don't see what the problem is.
His DS said Tinkoff gave him a whole week off to rest, after the Giro.

Did somebody mention Kreuziger?

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Clasica_Ciclista_San_Sebastian_2014-Startlist

;)

He should have gone to a beach for a week's rest. Contador did that and killed the 2008 Giro. I'm actually shocked that more guys don't go to the beach before a big race. :D

I don't get the Kreuziger deal, if he can ride upcoming races why couldn't he ride the Tour? :S

TRENDING THREADS