• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Majka

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Probably the biggest turnaround from week 1 to the rest of the tour I've witnessed in my life.

Reshaping the concept of coming into form.

Riders lose time early to be allowed in future breaks. It doesn't take much wits to understand he was working for Contador, not concerned about losing time.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
i just dont understand the logic behind this thread?

is this meant for only venting frustration of a few posters who hate Majka?

I havent seen anything that comes close to suspicious in Majka's performance this yr.
he didnt outclimb Quintana.

the only stage where he worked for Contador, he set pace twice.
since this tour had become all abt winning stages(with polka being a bonus) for his team, i dont see him doing anything other than what is needed.
He tried to be in winning move thrice: he won twice, came second in stage 13. if u consider that majka was supposed to peak for the later half o fhis tour, then his performance is as expected.

In today's stage, he just was part of peloton. if he was higher up in the group, he would have followed horner's attack. For his talent, nobody was actually going that fast.

if there is nothing substantial, can the admins shutdown this thread?

murali said:
In today's stage, he just was part of peloton. if he was higher up in the group, he would have followed horner's attack. For his talent, nobody was actually going that fast.

If, for example, he was back for another podium on today's climb, there'd be some concerns.

What I saw was vaguely consistent with a clean peloton. Guys like Rogers, Majka who did maximal effort for their results did not come back blazing into another podium. The only guy who looked as if they weren't deep into a grand tour was Nibali.

You have to wonder what has changed.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Breaking the law is breaking the law. Life imprisonment for speeding.

you are smarter than that hrotha.

Speeding is still breaking the law.

Where did i talk about the sanctions?

I did compare 2 guys cheating using vehicles. One wins the KOM the other has gone home and team has been relegated from 2nd position in team cars.

Cance > TheRest said:
Hard to take this thread seriously. Whoever came up with the stupid idea of creating a thread for Majka, because he won two mountain stages from a breakaway, might aswell create one for the rest of the stagewinners of this Tour...
ThreeMonkeysLarge.jpg

murali said:

I havent seen anything that comes close to suspicious in Majka's performance this yr.

No one is talking about the Giro. That wasn't absurd. He was meant to peak for that and didn't seem to have improved much, prior to his health issues. His second peak was supposed to have been for the Vuelta.

I like Majka and juiced performances don't bother me in the slightest. I just don't think it's reasonable to expect that clean-ish GC riders who peak for the Giro and then go stage hunting in the Tour perform at their best ever level in 4 high mountain stages. Two high mountain stages back to back, and twice at that.

Take Scarponi two years ago. Struggled to get a result in one medium mountain breakaway stage. Even Simoni couldn't pull it off.

Benotti69 said:

I did compare 2 guys cheating using vehicles. One wins the KOM the other has gone home and team has been relegated from 2nd position in team cars.

Well according to your logic, it's only a matter of time before the speeder becomes a murderer......

and I'm guessing you have driven over the speed limit in your lifetime?

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
murali said:

the only stage where he worked for Contador, he set pace twice.
since this tour had become all abt winning stages(with polka being a bonus) for his team, i dont see him doing anything other than what is needed.
He tried to be in winning move thrice: he won twice, came second in stage 13. if u consider that majka was supposed to peak for the later half o fhis tour, then his performance is as expected.

This is typical Clinic, every rider who performs is in question. Only the riders before EPO are acceptable.

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
No one is talking about the Giro. That wasn't absurd. He was meant to peak for that and didn't seem to have improved much, prior to his health issues. His second peak was supposed to have been for the Vuelta.

I like Majka and juiced performances don't bother me in the slightest. I just don't think it's reasonable to expect that clean-ish GC riders who peak for the Giro and then go stage hunting in the Tour perform at their best ever level in 4 high mountain stages. Two high mountain stages back to back, and twice at that.

Take Scarponi two years ago. Struggled to get a result in one medium mountain breakaway stage. Even Simoni couldn't pull it off.

The one comparison I thought of for Majka's performances this year was Pellizotti in 2009. He went from 3rd in the Giro to the polka dot jersey in the TDF. I seem to recall that he was in practically every breakaway on the mountain stages that year, although I don't think he won any. Of course, those results were annulled because of his doping ban.

I don't think this thread should be closed. If the discussion tapers out it will drop off on its own merit.

Benotti69 said:

You talked about the sanctions when you implied it was unfair that Rojas was kicked out of the race but Majka wasn't.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
RiccoDinko said:
This is typical Clinic, every rider who performs is in question.

And that's as it should be. Performing well makes doping more likely, ceteris paribus. That's beyond any doubt. A logical consequence of the fact that doping enhances performance

After today's stage I am not surprised to see this thread.

Majka's win yesterday didn't raise my eyebrows as the day before he finished 16 minutes down on GC riders to save himself.

But today he rode very strongly again, in the 3rd week with the Giro in his legs.

On the other hand he is only 24 - so should be improving with age.

Plus there is also something with Tinkoff that doesn't sit well with me.

He is either a massive talent for the next 6 or 7 years or suspect.

In short I don't know what to think about him yet.

Sep 11, 2012
www.szosa.rowery.org
The whole thread is getting ridiculous, leading some of you to talks about morality, cheating, logic - stuff neither of you seem to know or understand.

You have a thread. About a rider. Talk about what is suspicious.

I am not defending Rafal Majka, I am not accusing him. I have my personal opinion, not going to share it, though. What I am going to do is give you some feedback.

Poland is not France. Majka is not Pinot. You say he didn't have results in junior times. Yeah. You know what the situaton of Polish cycling was? What it is now? There was no chance to train properly or race abroad and confront other riders - lack of money, people etc.

Majka raced in Italy in U23 and had a hard road ahead of him. It's not a secret that racing there is a big shock for many young guns (Clinic guys should know why).

He got the contract with SaxoBank after winter training camp. He was the only one to stay on Contador's wheel on the climb. Sticked to him like a glue and did all exercises they wanted him to. Excellent test results, pure climber - contract.

His performances were steady, slowly gaining ground on pro level. Also, showed twice that he's able to prepare for the race in a short period of time - went to 2013 Giro with 13 racing days and took 7th.

It is true that he was not suposed to peak at the Tour and his performance may raise eyebrows. But for now - there is nothing you can say - his times are slower, he just went into two breaks and had good legs.

Btw, I think that starting new threads on rider and "discussing" his performance from your sofa is a waste of time. You have NO IDEA what the rider is doing, how is he training, what is he taking, what are his plans, what affects his performance. Do you even know any rider in person? Do you know what it takes to be a cyclist? A pro one?

Bradley Wiggins clearly defined people like you in 2012.

sniper said:
what is perhaps interesting is the simultaneous rise of two polish elite cyclists, where there were none before.
jaskula i think the only polish guy to win a tdf stage before majka.

Emanuelle Majka's third week aside, the 2 Polish cyclists have totally different teams, totally different doctors, totally different managers and from what I can see come up through totally different programmes.

You really have a talent for taking even a clearly dodgy performance and making everyone sympathize with the - never tested positive, angle by picking at clearly meaningless points.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Emanuelle Majka's third week aside, the 2 Polish cyclists have totally different teams, totally different doctors, totally different managers and from what I can see come up through totally different programmes.

You really have a talent for taking even a clearly dodgy performance and making everyone sympathize with the - never tested positive, angle by picking at clearly meaningless points.
i said 'perhaps interesting'.
don't worry about me too much, hitch.

Baldwin said:
The whole thread is getting ridiculous, leading some of you to talks about morality, cheating, logic - stuff neither of you seem to know or understand.

You have a thread. About a rider. Talk about what is suspicious.

I am not defending Rafal Majka, I am not accusing him. I have my personal opinion, not going to share it, though. What I am going to do is give you some feedback.

Poland is not France. Majka is not Pinot. You say he didn't have results in junior times. Yeah. You know what the situaton of Polish cycling was? What it is now? There was no chance to train properly or race abroad and confront other riders - lack of money, people etc.

Majka raced in Italy in U23 and had a hard road ahead of him. It's not a secret that racing there is a big shock for many young guns (Clinic guys should know why).

He got the contract with SaxoBank after winter training camp. He was the only one to stay on Contador's wheel on the climb. Sticked to him like a glue and did all exercises they wanted him to. Excellent test results, pure climber - contract.

His performances were steady, slowly gaining ground on pro level. Also, showed twice that he's able to prepare for the race in a short period of time - went to 2013 Giro with 13 racing days and took 7th.

It is true that he was not suposed to peak at the Tour and his performance may raise eyebrows. But for now - there is nothing you can say - his times are slower, he just went into two breaks and had good legs.

Btw, I think that starting new threads on rider and "discussing" his performance from your sofa is a waste of time. You have NO IDEA what the rider is doing, how is he training, what is he taking, what are his plans, what affects his performance. Do you even know any rider in person? Do you know what it takes to be a cyclist? A pro one?

Bradley Wiggins clearly defined people like you in 2012.

Wait, did you just use "stuck to Contador's wheel" as an argument for cleanliness :D

Oh and many here have a very good idea of what it takes to be a pro. Its people like you who clearly have no idea since you believe that the people who refuse to do everything in their power to win will ride faster than the ones who stop at nothing to win.

What a wonderful world. Lets rewrite history while we are at it and pretend historically the good forgiving honest people were always the ones who truimphed:eek: