• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Majka

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
tinkof-saxo team super juiced this entire season. the difference with last year is stupendous -- coinciding with tinkov taking over and no doubt adding that all important "motivation".

fact: tinkov encourages doping on his teams.
fact: tinkov goes to court to defend blood dopers.
fact: tinkov consistently hires unrepentant dopers.

fact: riis doped to get all the results that made him famous.
fact: riis is being investigated for systematic doping of his teams.
fact: many of the riders have tested positive or have been connected to doping, doping teams and doping doctors.

conclusion: the entire tinkov-saxo organization is terrible for cycling and should be thrown out of the sport.

Well said, Absolutely agree. Some of the many Tinkoff/Saxo/CSC/Tiscali/Memory Card riders with relation to doping and doping investigations:

Ivan Basso, Jörg Jaksche, Tyler Hamilton, Fränk Schleck, Bobby Julich, Alberto Contador, Roman Kreuziger, Bo Hamburger, Jesper Skibby, Nicolai Bo Larsen, Marc Streel, Lars Michaelsen, Laurent Jalabert, Rolf Sørensen, Andrea Peron, Stuart O'Grady.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
tinkof-saxo team super juiced this entire season. the difference with last year is stupendous -- coinciding with tinkov taking over and no doubt adding that all important "motivation".

fact: tinkov encourages doping on his teams.
fact: tinkov goes to court to defend blood dopers.
fact: tinkov consistently hires unrepentant dopers.

fact: riis doped to get all the results that made him famous.
fact: riis is being investigated for systematic doping of his teams.
fact: many of the riders have tested positive or have been connected to doping, doping teams and doping doctors.

conclusion: the entire tinkov-saxo organization is terrible for cycling and should be thrown out of the sport.

fact: cycling is completely dirty and if you throw out Riis and Tinkoff, there are a whole lot of other names that should go.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Red Rick said:
Source for the first two?

I can remember Hamilton saying in an interview that Tinkov told his riders to do anything to win, maye this is what Big Doopie is refering to.

And didn't he announce to take the Kreuziger case to court? (Though I'm not sure if Kreuziger is accused of blood doping)

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
I can remember Hamilton saying in an interview that Tinkov told his riders to do anything to win, maye this is what Big Doopie is refering to.

And didn't he announce to take the Kreuziger case to court? (Though I'm not sure if Kreuziger is accused of blood doping)

iirc he said do Tyler "do whatever you do, just don't get caught". But who knows

jilbiker said:
I am baffled that Majka won the Polish race after TDF? he wasn't sitting at the back at the TDF, he won a couple. And now this? I am a fan but when I see recovery like this I think, "something does not add up". I will not rule out the Vuelta except his ITT is bad. He will probably contend and win a couple which is also baffling.

Majka did not finish any higher than 104 for 10 of the first 12 stages of the TDF. He was coasting to find form. But when AC went down Majka bided his time and jumped on Stages 13 and 14 both mountain stages that suited him and with AC out he was free to go. So there is nothing unusual about his TDF performance. Pretty predictable IMO given his climbing skills.

I think by the end of the Tour he was in pretty good form plus pretty hyped by the Polka Dot jersey to challenge in Poland in front of his countrymen. Form and motivation are two pretty big pluses.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
They should have brought Majka to La Vuelta. He is still competitive. And if they let him ride such a masochist season and he delivers, Giro - Tour will be peanuts for him in the future. :cool:

Looked like a million bucks going up Tourmalet. Good stage win for him. Tinkoff are probably resigned to picking up scraps now that it's blatantly obvious that they're not getting anywhere near the GC or the sprint stages.

Majka is going to be that random rider that picks up stage wins in every Tour and possibly racks up a KOM jersey every now and then, without ever challenging for the GC.

Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
great ride from majka

this kid can climb

sagan back in green
not really too bad of a stage for ts
"This victory is for my teammates, for Ivan Basso, who is now at home, and Daniele Bennati, who crashed today," Majka said. "And also for my family, who stay close to me, and my wife, who gives me a lot of power."
That's weird, I didn't know Majka was married to Basso's sister.

I'll get my coat.

Re: Re:

carton said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
great ride from majka

this kid can climb

sagan back in green
not really too bad of a stage for ts
"This victory is for my teammates, for Ivan Basso, who is now at home, and Daniele Bennati, who crashed today," Majka said. "And also for my family, who stay close to me, and my wife, who gives me a lot of power."
That's weird, I didn't know Majka was married to Basso's sister.

I'll get my coat.

Ain't Elisa married to Eddy Mazzoleni?

Paweł Gadzała

‏www.twitter.com/8aldwin

La Gazzetta's report on Lucca/Altopack investigation is based on prosecutor's office files & concentrates on pressuring espoirs into doping. Rafal Majka's name appears in context of testosterone use & dodgy DS Frediani who is implicated in the whole thing.

TRENDING THREADS