• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Marc Hirschi discussion thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
what - I just looked at Hirschi's schedule at PCS and I think some lazy dude just put every WT race on his agenda. I mean - is he planning to race these? Are we in for Captain Slovenia and Hellhirschi?
Yeah, i saw that too. At first I thought..."well yeah, it looks a lot, but those are all one day races, so it's not a big deal". But then I looked better and saw UAE Tour, Paris-Nice and Itzulia in there. Ok, the Tour de Suisse and TdF combo is standard stuff, but until LBL, his schedule is very busy to say the least.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ad.nl are reporting that he didn't want to leave and UAE didn't buy him out. He was fired because the team thought he was shady and a risk to the team and sponsors, and didn't have any answers when questioned.

But the team can't say exactly what he did or didn't do because Cancellara who manages Hirschi got them to sign an NDA. I assume in exchange for not suing them for breach of contract, but that's me assuming.

Source:

Ad.nl are reporting that he didn't want to leave and UAE didn't buy him out. He was fired because the team thought he was shady and a risk to the team and sponsors, and didn't have any answers when questioned.

But the team can't say exactly what he did or didn't do because Cancellara who manages Hirschi got them to sign an NDA. I assume in exchange for not suing them for breach of contract, but that's me assuming.

Source:

Yeah, I was kinda surprised when I read it. I always thought it was a money thing.
Sounds fishy to say the least.

Hm, sounds like Clinic-related allegations, or what else could it be - flirting with other riders' girlfriends? Very strange to kick out a rider like that, who seems like a lock for a bunch of WT wins. Or it could still just be a money thing, maybe Hirschi demanded more money even under the running contract or he wouldn't race anymore or something.

But they must know what the implication sounds like "they have lost trust and he's a risk for the reputation of the team"...

Hm, sounds like Clinic-related allegations, or what else could it be - flirting with other riders' girlfriends? Very strange to kick out a rider like that, who seems like a lock for a bunch of WT wins. Or it could still just be a money thing, maybe Hirschi demanded more money even under the running contract or he wouldn't race anymore or something.

But they must know what the implication sounds like "they have lost trust and he's a risk for the reputation of the team"...

Certainly not flirting with other rider's girlfriends. Most of DSM's riders haven't even reached puberty.

yeah, making that particular set of noises to the media is as close as you can come to making a clinic allegation without actually mentioning drugs. this will follow the kid around.

Source:
Surely even that much information getting into the public domain is enough to get DSM in some hot water?

• Wow
Could you please tell me why you deleted my post? It's bad enough that the forum is held back by ridiculous forum rules, that it doesn't need overeager and inappropriate modding on top of that. Asking the question "what could have been the problem" as a follow up on the NEWS that Sunweb wanted him gone and not the other way around is no cause for modding at all. There are plenty of plausible answers, not in the least ketones, which are forbidden by Sunweb, but are not for the clinic forum, since they are completely legal.
I do not see any deleted posts of yours in this thread. If you have a problem with the moderation you can contact the Admin team.

Many riders haven't ride jet. + many stories is out there right now, they maybe just protect him from them. You would also think there is a lot of pressure on him so they wanna make sure his form are good to the first ride so he starts good and don't get the press after him.

Many riders haven't ride jet. + many stories is out there right now, they maybe just protect him from them. You would also think there is a lot of pressure on him so they wanna make sure his form are good to the first ride so he starts good and don't get the press after him.
But on the other hand, he is one of UAE’s largest names and he is almost not seen on their instagram page or anything. You would think they would want him to race. just a bit strange. He was also not at the training camp with Pogacar in tenerife earlier this month.

• Wow
The illusive Hirschi. He's supposed to be racing Strade Bianche in a week, together with Pogacar. Hope he is there.

He won't.

Bildschirmfoto-2021-02-27-um-07-42-10.png

Too bad, that there is no Circuit de la Sarthe this year. :D

varades-france-french-sylvain-chavanel-rides-with-german-jan-ullrich-picture-id52603790

• Wow

TRENDING THREADS