• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Marc Hirschi discussion thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That's weird, especially when there's no official explanation. Can't they just say "he has problems with his teeth and therefor can't start as was planned? (Or did they? I don't see much social media.)
UAE seems to communicate about those kind of issues (Ulisse). But to me it is strange Hirschi is very much missing from Team UAE’s social media. There have been introduction interviews of Majka, Trentin and Gibbons for example.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Hirschi's winter preparation has most likely been hampered by his sudden departure from Sunweb.

But there's still a lot of pressure on him to perform, i.e. this is a rider who lit up the Tour last year, won la Flèche Wallone & "almost" won Liège 4 days later.

So he should be up there with the likes of Alaphilippe as one day race favorites.

Hirschi's winter preparation has most likely been hampered by his sudden departure from Sunweb.

But there's still a lot of pressure on him to perform, i.e. this is a rider who lit up the Tour last year, won la Flèche Wallone & "almost" won Liège 4 days later.

So he should be up there with the likes of Alaphilippe as one day race favorites.

And got a medal at the World Championships, let's not forget.

I wonder how he feels about the domestique duty, certainly it's not as exciting as last year's breakaways and stage wins. But then again he did sign up for it, so I don't know. Hopefully he gets some chances in other races.

They said previously he would get chances but I guess the crash probably put a stop to that. His form wasn't really stage winning level either.

Remember Marc Hirschi?

OqiCfZr.png

He's back. In good form.

TRENDING THREADS