• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Marc Hirschi discussion thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was actually not too worried about Hirschi, when he underperformed last year. One however can never be sure, because injury and disease can destroy everything - also in the long term.

He seems to have had the luck he needed, and now is back to his best.

UAE and his agent Cancellara will be happy with how things developed in the last weeks and months.

Cancellara probably more than once thought to himself, „Hirschi, I did not introduce you to Gianetti for lying in bed… You are Mauro‘s and my cash-cow, and nothing else…“. But Cance, being the gentleman he still is, probably calmed Hirschi („Don‘t worry, Marc - everything will be fine…“). :)

Looked in good shape at GP Indurain today.
His sprint is the only thing that worries me a bit. Both today and during Coppi & Bartali he went backwards when he tried sprinting.

Yeah, that was an awful sprint, I was sure he was going to win the race at the top of the final hill. He probably would have if he had reached the top first, though (and the motos didn't impede him on the descent), as he is a much better descender than Latour.

Yeah, that was an awful sprint, I was sure he was going to win the race at the top of the final hill. He probably would have if he had reached the top first, though (and the motos didn't impede him on the descent), as he is a much better descender than Latour.

That's how I saw it as well. Good move by Latour to get himself in front, but his slow descent completely undid all the work put in on the climb. Not sure if Hirschi would have soloed to victory otherwise, but I'm sure there wouldn't have been such a large group with him.

Reactions: SafeBet
Another setback, out for two months. He never came back to his magic 2020 year form, but I have feeling there was always something to have an excuse (hip surgery, ilness...). I was really looking forward to this season if we will see at least some glimps of 2020 Hirschi.

I still have a good feeling for his career because he is so talented. But often has bad luck, like very talented Kämna.

I was a little bit angry about the way Gianetti and Cancellara pulled him away from DSM to UAE. But at UAE he looks somehow cursed until now. But I think he‘ll stay at the team for long time, and they‘ll celebrate nice wins together.

Fracture is a bad moment, however. Not even two months before his Classics. He‘ll train on indoor trainer now, probably.

Nice win today. You almost forget how strong Hirschi arrived at the scene, but he still has the magic.

GHMZ_UqXAAAQBlc

TRENDING THREADS