• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mark Cavendish, the new Chippo?

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Read on Cycling Weekly that Cavendish has got a new girlfriend, after being together with Melissa for 8 years.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/427346/cavendish-keeps-on-winning-awards.html

Also read in Pro Cycling that he has bought an Audi R8, which in his book he writes he would never do.

Himself, in his book, and people around him has always stressed that he is a normal guy with his feet on the ground.
Has Mark Cavendish changed?

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
i dislike this post.

god forbid ANYONE let alone mark cavendish gets in a new relationship and decides to buy a b****in' car, despite intially he said he wouldnt

****s only for cipo!!

average people cannot do such things

A

Anonymous

San Carlo said:
Read on Cycling Weekly that Cavendish has got a new girlfriend, after being together with Melissa for 8 years.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/427346/cavendish-keeps-on-winning-awards.html

Also read in Pro Cycling that he has bought an Audi R8, which in his book he writes he would never do.

Himself, in his book, and people around him has always stressed that he is a normal guy with his feet on the ground.

Who is Chippo?

Sprocket01

BANNED
Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Yes interesting because I saw him interviewed about six months ago where he said he won a car that he thought was a bit flash so decided not to accept it just in case it "changed him". I though that was a crap idea. You've got to be able to enjoy the fruits of your success. If he has changed his mind about this then good on him I say.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Who is Chippo?
Well I found this......

Sprocket01 said:
***Sighs***

Some people are so ignorant of the sport. ;)
I dont know what you mean - there was a rider called Cippolini, but he was refered to as 'Cippo'.

Unless you mean the reference in the Urban Dictionary... which could explain your fondness for 'chicken' at 2am.

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Cav

Who cares what car he drives as long as its not some obnoxious Hummer with "rims".Id be hard pressed to find someones ego not change after winning all those races.He earned it.Sucks for his ex girlfriend after being there for him.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Who is Chippo?

Moroccan footballer

youssef_chippo.jpg

A

Anonymous

San Carlo said:

so hes got a new girlfreind.. woopy doo... are we all meant to meet someone at 16 and stay with them all our lives.. how dare he have a girlfreind,....

as for the car, has he, hasnt he, who knows, frankly i take what i read in the press with a pinch of salt, but if he has, good on him.. he deserves it

as for the new cippo, well for once mark has finished the tour de france, but if he turns into half the rider cippo was then for one, as a brit i will be damn proud of him...

some people need to get a grip..

"cav the new cippo" the only comparison i can see is that he wins all the bunch sprints..............with style....now cippi had loads of style............think of all his great skinsuits he used to where......

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
You can tell late October is upon us all. There is nothing better to post about than who is sleeping with who and who is driving what.

But, for the record, I vote for Cav over Cippo in the style department. I am wary of anyone who has to be as overt as Cippo to show some panache. One the other hand, those were some pretty cool skin-suits.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
San Carlo said:

He has a BOOK...? About what, his life (if I have to make an educated guess)? A ghost-written biography at 24?

I really hope I am wrong...

A

Anonymous

Major Taylor said:
Boy Racer?! :(

Sorry no style points for that

british term, that makes perfect sense over here, boy racers over here are generally young, brash, cocky teens, often from slightly the wrong side of hte tracks with a bit of chav about them, who annoy the crap out of every one by driving around with their stereos blaring and engine reving at silly hours of the morning..

so a top cyclist must not:
get new girlfreinds
buy cars
write books...

anything else (apart from the obvious dont get potentially terminal diseases)?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
british term, that makes perfect sense over here, boy racers over here are generally young, brash, cocky teens, often from slightly the wrong side of hte tracks with a bit of chav about them, who annoy the crap out of every one by driving around with their stereos blaring and engine reving at silly hours of the morning..

so a top cyclist must not:
get new girlfreinds
buy cars
write books...

anything else (apart from the obvious dont get potentially terminal diseases)?

I thought they were called yobs (although in his defense most of them are unemployed and carry around knives...). The way he behaves after finishes, there are certainly some similarities.

But honestly, a biography at 24. It's like a 16 year old Britney Spears singing about love...

I am going to guess the storyline here (perhaps warranting a spoiler alert), so can someone confirm:

-Introduction: the story of my life, how I became so great
-Chapter 1: I was young and grew up in a poor environment. I hated school and I did not have a lot of possibilities. Everyone is a farmer or mechanic around here. I loved to watch cycling.
-Chapter 2: I started riding a bike and loved it. I trained really hard every day, out in the open fields battling the wind.
-Chapter 3: I joined a cycling team and started racing. I went to every race in the UK even if it took me hours to get there. More and more hardship I suffer.
-Chapter 4: I am not that good, but it's all because the others have better bikes and facilities and I am poor, so I just have to work harder.
-Chapter 5: the track team. My coach believes in me, and pushes me to the limit. I need to work on my attitude, because I am a difficult person.
-Chapter 6: Some set backs. Will I ever make it to the top?
-Chapter 7: To the road. People believe in me as a road sprinter. I take my one chance and prove them right.
-Chapter 8: I join Columbia and they work for me. I ride the TdF and I am the greatest at 24.
The end.

Summary: I have a dream; Much hardship; I work hard; Setbacks; I become successful.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
God forbid he begin to take advantage of his success. At least he is dating some hot Italian chick, not some wannabee WAG reject from Big Brother 6. Until he starts getting into fights with all the ****ed up premiership footballers in awfully exclusive nightclubs I think I will reserve judgement.

A

Anonymous

Ibanez said:
God forbid he begin to take advantage of his success. At least he is dating some hot Italian chick, not some wannabee WAG reject from Big Brother 6. Until he starts getting into fights with all the ****ed up premiership footballers in awfully exclusive nightclubs I think I will reserve judgement.

+1

Really, who cares what he does off the bike unless it effects his on-bike performance. Just stay away from the cocaine, a la Boonen.

TRENDING THREADS