• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Media Coverage of the TDF / Doping

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
Walsh requested this on his own accord in the same way Kimmage did it in 2008. No difference. Kimmage in the Irish Indo video said having a journalist around for 3 weeks in the Tour shows the transparency. Now, why hasn't he acknowledged this with Walsh who is just as much respected if not more than him when he has been with them for a far longer period. He puts a lot of emphasis on the "embedded journalist" transparency with regards to himself but dismisses it with Walsh. That's something I'm not going to accept.

On the bolded part, you do know Kimmage was in the Sunday Times when he requested access to Sky for the 2010 Tour.

Did Walsh request 'embedding' with Sky, I thought Brailsford invited Walsh.

As for Kimmage going to the TdF with Sky in 2010 I again thought that was Brailsfords invitation and Kimmage agreed only to it only if it was 'access all areas', which was rescinded on the eve of the tour due to Woggins not wanting Kiimage to have access till a certain point of the race.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Did Walsh request 'embedding' with Sky, I thought Brailsford invited Walsh.

Brailsford did invite Walsh but he said he wanted to do it as well. He could have easily refused. I still don't see the difference between the two situations.

As for Kimmage going to the TdF with Sky in 2010 I again thought that was Brailsfords invitation and Kimmage agreed only to it only if it was 'access all areas', which was rescinded on the eve of the tour due to Woggins not wanting Kiimage to have access till a certain point of the race.

While you're right on the limited access and the Wiggins part, Kimmage did say he made the offer in the Irish Indo video.

Maybe and I will give you this, the real issue is the terms of the access more than who requested it. Walsh said he asked for assurances on what access he would get.

David Walsh ‏@DavidWalshST 2 Feb
I asked how much access I'd get? "Total access," he said, "speak to whoever you want, races or training camps for as long as you want."

Judging by way he has been tweeting, writing and the interviews he has been taking a part in, he does seem happy with the way this has been done and the promise has been kept.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
Brailsford did invite Walsh but he said he wanted to do it as well. He could have easily refused. I still don't see the difference between the two situations.

I do and we can agree to differ

gooner said:
While you're right on the limited access and the Wiggins part, Kimmage did say he made the offer in the Irish Indo video.

Maybe and I will give you this, the real issue is the terms of the access more than who requested it. Walsh said he asked for assurances on what access he would get.

IIRC Brailsford offered to come see them at the TdF during interview Kimmage did for the ST on Brailsford.

gooner said:
Judging by way he has been tweeting, writing and the interviews he has been taking a part in, he does seem happy with the way this has been done and the promise has been kept.

My judgement on Walsh's tweets is he very happy with Sky. He has found nothing to critique. Not even a skinny rider who can climb better than anyone including all but some of the biggest dopers and tt better almost everyone.

Very strange. Wonder what made Walsh swallow this?

poupou said:

Good link Poupou. Makes for disturbing reading. Imagine if that was reported in the UK newspapers...an eye opener.

[size=+0][SIZE=+0]BLOOD BAGS DESTROYED IN Grinders[/size][/SIZE]
[size=+0][SIZE=+0]Finished injections pockets of a pint of blood the good doctor Fuentes. [/size][size=+0]Too visible. [/size][size=+0]Today, [/size][/SIZE][size=+0][SIZE=+0]fashion[/size][/SIZE][size=+0][SIZE=+0] is the mini-bags of blood. [/size][/SIZE][size=+0][SIZE=+0]"Teams move with grinders in hotels. It allows them to destroy the bags after use and dispose seen or known in the toilet[/size][/SIZE][size=+0][SIZE=+0] reveals the expert. [/size][/SIZE][size=+0][SIZE=+0]should the [/size][/SIZE][size=+0][SIZE=+0]Police[/size][/SIZE][size=+0][SIZE=+0] do raid hotels by cutting the water. "[/size][/SIZE][size=+0][SIZE=+0] Police, namely the Central Office for the Fight against damage to the environment and public health (OCLAESP ) has posted men on the Tour. [/size][size=+0]But as DCOs, they are empty-handed.[/size][/SIZE]

TRENDING THREADS