• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
And I explained what would happen in the case that it would be changed.
it seems the obtuse is the one who tried to look smart by and when put in place by a mod, can not have enough self-awareness that he dug himself deeper into a hole. pompous.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
aphronesis said:
Obtuse as ever.

it seems the obtuse is the one who tried to look smart and when put in place by a mod, can not have enough self-awareness that he dug himself deeper into a hole. pompous.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
aphronesis said:
you do get the point of this thread?

two words for you that i'd say very slowly if face to face: rhetorical and sarcasm.
you dont seem to get it, fast or slow, you aint always look as sharp as you want ;) ask netserk.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I think it's totally unfair that you guys ban someone permanently and delete the posts that got them banned. Totally uncool as it leaves me no opportunity to watch the car crash.

You guys really should archive the posts that get people banned in a thread so we can all enjoy them.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Why was Mastersracer banned originally?
There was nothing particularly offensive about or even trolling in their conduct. It was actually quite amusing.

And then to follow up with a perma ban??
Seriously - when are the Mods going to realize that doing so does not work unless for spam or an account set up to insult - which is usually from a perma banned poster(s).

ebandit said:
now i read reasons re. masteracer being banned

baiting, trolling and threatening the integrity of open honest debate on this forum.

how does banning members who show independant thought fit into
this ideal of forum life?

Mark L

Independent thought, as in undertaking research and analysis on the posts in the Clinic of individual members (using a purported scientific formula) who he deemed were anti Sky. To what end would he do this? Why would he say this? It certainly received the response he wanted.

A perma ban is not taken lightly but all the mods consulted on this one agreed, which is not always the case.

ferryman said:
Independent thought, as in undertaking research and analysis on the posts in the Clinic of individual members (using a purported scientific formula) who he deemed were anti Sky. To what end would he do this? Why would he say this? It certainly received the response he wanted.

A perma ban is not taken lightly but all the mods consulted on this one agreed, which is not always the case.

Stop trolling

Those who are anti-sky are oversensative types

He was banned because his posts made the anti-sky idiots look like fools,

del1962 said:
Stop trolling

You seem a bit sensitive :D

Being anti-Sky might make you a skeptic, might make you a cynic, it might even make you a bit sensitive to what happens in the sport. It definitely does not make you a fool. However, some of the pro-Sky comments have been pretty dang foolish.

FTR - MR only tended to make himself look silly. Sorry to burst the bubble.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
del1962 said:
Stop trolling

I don't agree with the last bit at all, far from it, but don't agree with a permaban or even a ban unless something went on behind the scenes, not sure how he was threatening the integrity of open honest debate on this forum :confused:

Maybe he threatened to take out everyone who disagreed with him.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ferryman said:

The response was to be ridiculed because it was ridiculous.
However, so what? Even if they were doing 'informal' research who would give it any credence?

The makeyup jobs is part of fans defense. Usually when their theory is taken apart the "I am a..........." is offered. In fact I was going to joke that the only thing missing from the 09 and the Lance days was the UK equivalent of the FBI, probably someone claiming to be from Scotland Yard.

ferryman said:

So there is something WRONG with "research and analysis on the posts in the Clinic of individual members?"

Or was it the conclusions reached?
Or was it the analysis?

Would you please clarify?

del1962 said:
Stop trolling

I can't see how you can view this as trolling. It was an honest answer as to why MR was banned pretty much quoting his own words.

Are you suggesting that there is an anti-sky agenda in the moderation team?

Also, best stop using derogatory terms to describe fellow members though regardless.

Dr. Maserati said:
The response was to be ridiculed because it was ridiculous.
However, so what? Even if they were doing 'informal' research who would give it any credence?

The makeyup jobs is part of fans defense. Usually when their theory is taken apart the "I am a..........." is offered. In fact I was going to joke that the only thing missing from the 09 and the Lance days was the UK equivalent of the FBI, probably someone claiming to be from Scotland Yard.

I know and I know. I was just trying to explain a little behind why he was banned. Look I know everyone is not going to agree with everything the moderation team do but there is a slightly different perspective on it when you get other posters stating they won't ever post on here because of what he said.

MarkvW said:
So there is something WRONG with "research and analysis on the posts in the Clinic of individual members?"

Or was it the conclusions reached?
Or was it the analysis?

Would you please clarify?

I don't need capital letters to understand something thanks. I replied to a post as to why he was banned. I could fire back the exact same questions you are asking me to clarify to you as it is clear you think there is something more sinister in this than there actually is.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ferryman said:
I know and I know. I was just trying to explain a little behind why he was banned. Look I know everyone is not going to agree with everything the moderation team do but there is a slightly different perspective on it when you get other posters stating they won't ever post on here because of what he said.

I did read one person complain, I do not know if they were serious (& contacted mods separately) but again, it was a BS informal test.
I don't believe MR was serious, or the responder was serious. And it would be a dangerous (and frankly ridiculous) precedent to ban someone because someone else threatens to leave.

ferryman said:
I don't need capital letters to understand something thanks. I replied to a post as to why he was banned. I could fire back the exact same questions you are asking me to clarify to you as it is clear you think there is something more sinister in this than there actually is.

WHATEVER. Prickly skin.

I don't care if you're sinister or not. Sure looks like you're acting irrationally, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.