• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sittingbison said:
OK gentle(wo)men,
now we have all had a little dig at each other, perhaps we can back on the actual topic...discussing the veracity of member suspensions rather than each other.

cheers
bison

You probably mean discussing the "validity" of member suspensions, rather than their "veracity." :)

Parrot23 said:
What can one say about this place? This is funnier than, well,...

My incredulity grows daily at the antics of the cycling community. I'm beginning to think this is intrinsic.... I think I'm going to take up golf.

All I can do is laugh, guys.

:D
And we laugh with you. Good luck with the golf. Pesky dress codes though but you would probably find someone there who could explain to you all about golf. If not, I'm sure you will find a golf forum to justify any point you have.

Netserk said:
He was banned the 22nd of March for one month, so it shouldn't be very difficult to guess when he'll be back.

So, are you saying that sittingbison's post below misses the mark entirely? Because, if that were true, it would indeed be difficult to guess. It looks like Hitch was right, though.

sittingbison said:
[...]

As to the length of the banination, there are many examples of decisions being changed, opinions altered. Changing the length of a ban is not weakness, it shows strength of character, and if that occurs it will be interesting to see if any here applaud that action. Im not holding my breath.

No.

In the case that the length would be changed, then the suspension post would be edited, and it would most likely also be posted here. Since that atm hasn't happened, his ban will (if not changed) expire one month from the 22nd of March.

So for now it shouldn't be very hard to figure out when he'll be back.

Netserk said:
No.

In the case that the length would be changed, then the suspension post would be edited, and it would most likely also be posted here. Since that atm hasn't happened, his ban will (if not changed) expire one month from the 22nd of March.

So for now it shouldn't be very hard to figure out when he'll be back.

No one asked when.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
TheGame said:
Would I get banned if I called a member of the moderation team a sarcastic peice of crap?

Humm... interesting question. From past experiences I would say you are really on to something, a real paradox in/of forum moderating, but for some reason this will only apply to CN Forum not all forums mind you. If you provide proof of said piece, I would say no, if you just blat it out then probably not either, you will only get banned if you don't have proof and list out the name of said mod and if everyone piles on in agreement. If no one agrees and its not read much again no ban. If you also post said piece while the piece provider is not on-line, again you will not be banned if and this is a big if we all pile on as well that your post only starts the eternal flame the mod ends up getting. I think I might of repeated myself? Also, posting said comment in a off topic thread won't get you banned if the above applies.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
Ok. No offence was intended. Next time you are in doubt, just check the Member Suspensions thread.

Latest post:
good work on making the point. clearly, the aphro dude was too self-righteous to simply acknowledge that you got him trousers-down, self-confused on his own question in the moment of trying to look smart. must be a not well-to-do lawyer :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.