• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
sittingbison said:
Thanks for your useful contribution El Chignon, much appreciated. It encourages me to participate in this discussion (as was requested in several posts above), and really inspires me to help get some resolution to this issue.

Nice one

By writing a bunch of words that basically say "no we're not going to tell you anything" you call as a useful contribution/participatoin, well I think many will pile on as well. Maybe its best to follow the old adage, if you have nothing good to add then its best not to add anything at all.

-----------------------------------------------------

For the rest: The mods once again follow the UCI's excellent rules and transparency behind closed doors procedures look equally as competent together and just.

ebandit said:
last ban announced by ferminal .........late last year

airstream banned for 48 hours for clinic baiting in PRR (repeatedly).

Mark L

Ebandit! Crazy days man... clinic baiting was correct but 1 month for what the mods think is trolling - we don't know what airstream's thoughts were when he posted those things! Maybe he wasn't trolling..!

dark days at the forum

Cyivel said:
Justice for Airstream

indeed....................justice for airstream

that's what members can expect if they are not popular with mods

willbick ryo jimmyfingers and i know well enough

forum alert.......................beware! don't be too passionate in debate or

support of your favourite rider

while the usual serial trollers carry on regardless

while it was not my intention to post some things need to be said

such as...............laflo ..........follow your heart not what others say

be sure at tour time alberto will blow the skytrain off it's tracks

Mark L

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
What's going on?

Everyone accuses airstream of trolling for weeks on end.

airstream gets banned eventually.

Now everyone jumps to his defence?

Careful what you wish for.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Airstream is a modern day hero. I think he's well within his rights to call the mods "pig headed" if and when he gets back.

He just has a different opinion usually and cant be compared to those insufferable people on the spam/fitness thread.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
sittingbison said:
Except I've said plenty, but you are too pig headed to see.

You just cant help some people.

Well I guess in this process we now know why you choose your username. Very appropriately chosen, kudos on that one.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
sittingbison said:
Well done for your insightful contribution Parrot23, it really adds to the current debate on airstream. Chapeau

Really makes me feel like contributing to the discussion

Let me tell you something about AirStream, Dude.

He's hands down one of the best posters in the racing forum. An independent mind. Nobody's fool. Doesn't care what the prevailing opinion is; just states his case, well reasoned, and concise.

Says a lot that he's banned. There you go. Think about it.

sittingbison said:
Well done for your insightful contribution Parrot23, it really adds to the current debate on airstream. Chapeau

Really makes me feel like contributing to the discussion

If you or any other forum leader could articulate why airstream got banned for a month it'd be greatly appreciated. It's still unclear to me, despite your best(?) efforts. It still screams "thought police" to me. I get that some members report his posts all the time, because they don't like his opinions and posting style, but a large number of complaints or reported posts isn't sufficient reason to hand out a warning and/or ban, IMO. Especially when dealing with unpopular opinions. The people who complain could be hypocrites, also (as I suspect is often the case.)

I get the impression, also going by ferryman's (not so recent) comments on airstream's user profile, that if someone's posts get reported a lot, that's pretty much all it takes to give them a warning, and, eventually a ban, for "trolling."

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
It still screams "thought police" to me. I get that some members report his posts all the time, because they don't like his opinions.... if someone's posts get reported a lot, that's pretty much all it takes to give them a warning, and, eventually a ban, for "trolling."

Precisely, if the group dislikes the opinion expressed and complains enough, CN moderators are probably under relentless pressure to deal with the poster as if he or she were a troller.

The vast majority of the complaints will be against the free thinker. Anything the free thinker says is going to stand out like a sore thumb (="trolling", when it's not).

The mods will be presented with a 10:1 complaint ratio (10 against the free thinker; 1 against the groupthink).

That's why the former get banned. There are many examples recently (each was a freethinker--no surprise there).

I'm waiting to see someone who stands with the groupthink getting banned. I bet it will be a long wait. :D

the post airstream was finally banned for was not against the rules and a month ban seems harsh when compared to others, but it's also clear to everyone that the raison detre of the airstream account is to troll, flame, bait certain posters as much as an alleged non native speaker can and that he was constantly getting himself into trouble for things like derailing threads and trying to talk clinic in the pro section.

So it's hillarious to see Parrot now trying to make airstream into Martin Luther King Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.