• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 101 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the sceptic said:
RR doesn't care about sky, he only posts about them once a year or something. Lance is dead and buried but that's where the focus is.
Is there anything wrong with that (if it's true)? What if he simply just knows more about Lance/Has more on him? I guess inside information doesn't just come to you about whoever you want. If he has more access to information about Lance, wouldn't it make more sense to post about that?

sky high

the sceptic said:
RR doesn't care about sky, he only posts about them once a year or something. Lance is dead and buried but that's where the focus is.

everything is not about team sky...........i care about team sky.............

in recent clinic exchange my motives were questioned ...........'why would

a team sky fan be here?'

RIP lance .......................the aftershock rumbles on...

Mark L

hrotha said:
It was typical French Revolution stuff. The Hog, the sceptic and others manned the barricades hand in hand with RR until Armstrong's fall, and then, in the subsequent vacuum, they decided RR wasn't radical enough when they picked the next big target (which wasn't and still isn't as clear-cut as the previous one). RR didn't change his methods or his convictions, but suddenly they weren't enough. Cue revolutionary Terror.

He most certainly did - which is the whole point.

sniper said:
that tells you something about that minority, doesn't it.
theHog would never ask for you to be permabanned.
Why are you asking for theHog to be permabanned?

I think anyone who has over 20 bans (and that is just those recorded, he had a lot more before they started the ban thread) should be automatically banned. I never really engaged with the Hog because I knew his silly little game.

The Hog has always been a troll, period. Even when I agreed with stuff he posted, it was still obvious he was only here to troll. All trolls should be banned, simples.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
I think anyone who has over 20 bans (and that is just those recorded, he had a lot more before they started the ban thread) should be automatically banned. I never really engaged with the Hog because I knew his silly little game.

The Hog has always been a troll, period. Even when I agreed with stuff he posted, it was still obvious he was only here to troll. All trolls should be banned, simples.
agree pretty much with everything with a small caveat. you did what i did and described in an earlier post - you effectively banned thehog for YOURSELF - you ignored his posts. that's where i find a difference with. i don't find it necessary to advocate or second his permaban b/c it's up to the mods. there are quite few posters i automatically ignore. i could care less if they're permabanned. if they clog some threads, i ignore those threads. does not mean that i suggest everyone emulate me.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
pmcg76 said:

hog was probably one of the few posters who actually bothered to wade through your pointless walls of text to be honest.

the sceptic said:
hog was probably one of the few posters who actually bothered to wade through your pointless walls of text to be honest.

Yeah I expect reading more than a line or two is a little bit difficult for you:rolleyes:

I guess you don't read Libertine or Merckx Index either as they write walls of text far longer than mine. Two of the best posters here.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
It was typical French Revolution stuff. The Hog, the sceptic and others manned the barricades hand in hand with RR until Armstrong's fall, and then, in the subsequent vacuum, they decided RR wasn't radical enough when they picked the next big target (which wasn't and still isn't as clear-cut as the previous one). RR didn't change his methods or his convictions, but suddenly they weren't enough. Cue revolutionary Terror.

Brodeal and Digger fall into the "others". I'm not sure that is the whole story but some of your French Revolution example does apply. There was a glitch in the matrix a while back and Neo has yet to make the phone call.

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
Brodeal and Digger fall into the "others". I'm not sure that is the whole story but some of your French Revolution example does apply. There was a glitch in the matrix a while back and Neo has yet to make the phone call.

I love that Race Radio has quit CN and started his own blog - yet you guys are still arguing about him. Wow. It's like being 30 years old and still being obsessed with who was in what clique in hs. Hey, this is an internet forum - the drama here doesn't matter. At all.

Race Radio has left the building.

ebandit said:
everything is not about team sky...........i care about team sky.............

in recent clinic exchange my motives were questioned ...........'why would

a team sky fan be here?'

RIP lance .......................the aftershock rumbles on...

Mark L

To me it seems that if you go against the views of the Clinic 12 (or is that now 11 ...) you are a troll. They present their views as facts (which they may very well be) but they also present their posts as fact.

On many occasions this has not been the case : The Hog saying SKY paid for JTLs defence - never backed up, very recently Benotti's rant about DB expressing regret to Kimmage about being untruthful re: Biarritz and doing a runner. Again - popycock, the Times article Benotti refers to says no such thing. It seems the long term posters believe they can say what they want and should be believed because they are 20,000+ posters ...

Quite a few members seem to have been driven away - the most recent being WrinklyVet. Frankly i don't blame him, around Xmas time I had had enough - constant accusations of sockpuppeting were p1ssing me off despite numerous reports and warnings to people. Unfortunately it seems The Clinic has turned in to a (virtual) room filled with people who show no tolerance to the views of others.

Hurrah for democracy and freedom of thought ...

Bluenote said:
I love that Race Radio has quit CN and started his own blog - yet you guys are still arguing about him. Wow. It's like being 30 years old and still being obsessed with who was in what clique in hs. Hey, this is an internet forum - the drama here doesn't matter. At all.

'Like' button clicked

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Bluenote said:

RR??

By the way how about sending rr a tweet or message via the blog and ask him his and glenns interweb relationship! You might be surprised and owe me an apology. Onenote good for copy and paste?

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
Onenote good for copy and paste?

Because making a dumb meme of someone's user name goes a long, long way to refute that this forum drama is incredibly immature.

So Glenn, does Race Radio like you, or does he like you like you? ZOMG!! I'm gonna go stalk his Facebook to see!!! Seriously?

This is quickly dropping from hs level drama to middle school level. If it goes any lower, Justin Beiber is gonna show up.

TheSpud said:
To me it seems that if you go against the views of the Clinic 12 (or is that now 11 ...) you are a troll. They present their views as facts (which they may very well be) but they also present their posts as fact.

On many occasions this has not been the case : The Hog saying SKY paid for JTLs defence - never backed up, very recently Benotti's rant about DB expressing regret to Kimmage about being untruthful re: Biarritz and doing a runner. Again - popycock, the Times article Benotti refers to says no such thing. It seems the long term posters believe they can say what they want and should be believed because they are 20,000+ posters ...

Quite a few members seem to have been driven away - the most recent being WrinklyVet. Frankly i don't blame him, around Xmas time I had had enough - constant accusations of sockpuppeting were p1ssing me off despite numerous reports and warnings to people. Unfortunately it seems The Clinic has turned in to a (virtual) room filled with people who show no tolerance to the views of others.

lol. You throw an accusation at 11 members but then come up with 2 names, benotti and hog, who are generally ostracized by most clinic members anyway. Where's the other 9?

You then try to claim the current state of affairs has driven wrinklyvet off the forum even though wrinklyvet began his posting spree about 3 years after the current state of affairs began. (also, the same week as joachim's previous account got banned while crying that he had loads of sockpuppets in place to replace him though im sure thats a pure coincidence). Hog and sceptic were making the exact same posts 8, 9 months ago. wrinklyvet suddenly starts massposting a few months ago, nothing changes but suddenly he wants to leave? Please.

Also when every single poster to behave wrinklyvets way (turn up out of nowhere, start mass posting but only in sky threads and make the same arguments dozens of accounts before made before arguments were disproved and posters banned) has eventually ended up being banned for sockpupetry it really isn't this great improbability that they are also sockpuppets.

Ps, the last sentence is trolling plain and simple.
Unfortunately it seems The Clinic has turned in to a (virtual) room filled with people who show no tolerance to the views of others.
Its no different to twh trying to say everyone in the clinic thinks everyone in cycling dopes. He knew that wasn't true but was trying to paint the clinic in a bad light, and you are doing the exact same thing. I'll call your bluff. Why don't you leave if everyone in the clinic is intolerant. If I found a forum where I thought everyone was intolerant and wrong I would, just, I don't know, not post there, instead of repeating in thread after thread cries about how unfair it is? In fact thats exactly the reason why I don't post on some of the forums some of the posters here seem desperate to promote. I think their arguments take 2 seconds to disprove and those places are intolerant. I don't cry there, I just don't visit or read them. You could do the same but I'm calling your bluff and I suspect you won't:cool: Precisely because you know this place isn't the intolerant sanctuary you claim it to be.

Of course if everyone in the clinic thought of one mind and was intolerant of all other opinions then there would be dozens of pages on here in the last week of everyone protesting hog's ban. Instead its just one poster - sceptic fighting a lone battle. Also your cry about freedom of thought, and democracy makes no sense. People tending to gravitate to the same opinion on things - like do sky dope, is freedom of thought in action. And artificially raising the % of people who believe niche opinions, certainly wouldn't be "democratic", at least not where i come from.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
. Its no different to twh trying to say everyone in the clinic thinks everyone in cycling dopes. He knew that wasn't true but was trying to paint the clinic in a bad light, and you are doing the exact same thing. I'll call your bluff. .

I'm not sure why you are bringing me into this.

But if you insist in bringing me into your arguments, could you firstly report what I've posted accurately and secondly desist from overlaying your erroneous presumptions about what I 'knew' and what I was 'trying' to do.

Thanks

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TheSpud said:

So Vickerish, word for word.

The Hitch said:
lol. You throw an accusation at 11 members but then come up with 2 names, benotti and hog, who are generally ostracized by most clinic members anyway. Where's the other 9?

Snipped

Hitch you are right in that not everyone here has the same beliefs but there is an overall tone that is hard to miss.

A few people dominate and they set the tone as other voices tend to get drowned out. That doesn't mean there isn't ulterior views, just that they are less noticeable.

Look at the posters who post most frequently here, B69, sniper, the sceptic, the hog, blackcat all with a post rate far higher than most other posters. Put their views together and it becomes rather repetitive. That is the tone set right there as they post more frequently.

Those posters are also prone to flat-out lies, twisting of facts and shouting down of anyone who doesn't share their opinions presented as facts. Again, that sets the tone.

You say Hog and B69 are ostracized. By whom? I think a lot of posters view those 2 and some of the others I listed with zero credibility but rather than engage, they stay clear of them and as those I listed dominate, people simply don't post as frequent as they might. I simply go through phases of not posting simply because I cannot be bothered. I imagine plenty others are the same.

It really is that simple, not a common mindset as alluded to, more an overall tone that comes through.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Those posters are also prone to flat-out lies, twisting of facts and shouting down of anyone who doesn't share their opinions presented as facts. Again, that sets the tone.

Shoot the messengers. The sport is a cesspit. Top to bottom Proven time and time again and those like yourself who want to think there are riders in white shining armor out there amongst the cesspit and are asked time and time again why should we believe when the sport wont allow such riders, when the testing is a joke, when the federations cover up their own, when the ADA's don't work properly due to low funding or downright inefficient

When we are fed lies after lies after lies by the those running the sport, those running the races, those running the teams, what do you expect from logical thinking?

Then there the fans who will not countenance their national favourite riders are doping and cheating in the face of the sports history, inability in over a hundred years to properly fund and address the problem of doping....

I dont shout down other posters. I dont post lies. I dont twist facts. We are entitled to post our opinion. I am not interested in personal credibility.

Those who post in the clinic are not responsible for the doping and cheating in the sport.

You dont like the reality of the sport avoid the clinic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS