• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Menchov Arroyo Kiserliovski realy in astana 2011? official news?

May 15, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Kiserlovski is official.

"I signed for two seasons and I will have time to adapt. The first season I will be at the service of a leader and then we'll see," said the Croatian press in his country.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=28939

Astana said they'll not extend some of the Kazakhs and could be down to ten or so. They expect to know 80 to 90% of the team by a week into August.

I hope they will bring some young Kazakh kids. Some kids are good for watching

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
and if kazach kids continue in the footsteps of vino, and get big success, pretty soon this thing of ours could be their number 1 sport.
There is also set to be a shake-up further down Astana's pecking order. The Kazakh federation's secretary-general, Valentin Rehert, has said that the Kazakh team will be cutting back on the number of local riders next season. "This season Kazakh riders comprised 50 percent of the roster, next season that figure will reduce slightly because one or two won't be retained." Rehert also explained that the team's 2011 roster will be "80-90 percent decided" by the end of the first week of August. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/astana-start-their-post-contador-rebuild check the last bit.
I mean wtf?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There is a known problem with native riders, who after getting a position inside the team suddenly lost any motivation to move any forward, thinking that they have privileges over foreign riders.

It became so apparent even Ekimov started noticing.

Reikhert's latest decision to decrease the number of local riders could be the one addressing this very problem, but from what i gather by his public appearances, he is not competent enough to do this deliberately.
________
Marijuana Medical

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yes some good kazakh talent sucks hard for last few years like kireyev, dyachenko, much potnetian but they show nothing anymore :(

also I hope they get ricco and not mencvov he's a boring coward

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
rxgqgxnyfz said:
There is a known problem with native riders, who after getting a position inside the team suddenly lost any motivation to move any forward, thinking that they have privileges over foreign riders.

It became so apparent even Ekimov started noticing.

Reikhert's latest decision to decrease the number of local riders could be the one addressing this very problem, but from what i gather by his public appearances, he is not competent enough to do this deliberately.

Could also explain Menchov and Contador's reluctance to sign with them. Menchov is closer than the Spaniard to Kazakh representation but still miles from Vino.

TRENDING THREADS