• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Menchov (Rasmussen)

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
He was very good with saddle sores, honest gov, that's why we hired him. Come on. It's all about saddle sores these days.

If only there was a thread somewhere that talked about doping/sky/Leinders that this could have been put in.... :D

Fortyninefourteen said:
I think we need a saddlesore thread.

People could post pictures of saddle sores?

Dr. Leinders could be a guest Admin for the day like JV1973. He can advise that the best method to treat saddle sores is a blood withdrawal followed by it being reinfused 6 weeks later.

thehog said:
People could post pictures of saddle sores?

Dr. Leinders could be a guest Admin for the day like JV1973. He can advise that the best method to treat saddle sores is a blood withdrawal followed by it being reinfused 6 weeks later.

Dear Dr. Leinders,

My name is Chris. I want to be a good cyclist. Like a Tour de France cyclist. I live in Kenya but one time I rode a race in Italy and I was beaten by a 12 year old called Simon.

My problem is one I climb hills I go sideways. What do you suggest I do?

Frustrated,

Chris

__

Thanks for your letter Chris. Here's my suggestion.

You need to develop a blood condition.

Then I suggest micro-dosing EPO during during and the night before races.

Then I suggest you start withdrawing blood every 6 weeks to reinfuse for the big races.

Buy yourself a powermeter and you'll be climbing like an ace in no time!

Best of luck,

Geert

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Dear Dr. Leinders,

My name is Chris. I want to be a good cyclist. Like a Tour de France cyclist. I live in Kenya but one time I rode a race in Italy and I was beaten by a 12 year old called Simon.

My problem is one I climb hills I go sideways. What do you suggest I do?

Frustrated,

Chris

__

Thanks for your letter Chris. Here's my suggestion.

You need to develop a blood condition.

Then I suggest micro-dosing EPO during during and the night before races.

Then I suggest you start withdrawing blood every 6 weeks to reinfuse for the big races.

Buy yourself a powermeter and you'll be climbing like an ace in no time!

Best of luck,

Geert

images

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Menchov is hilarious. He denies he ever knew Matschiner and as a response to Boogerd's confession he only says "He probably had his reasons, but he is history to me"
menchov never struck me as an emotionally flexible guy.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:
Menchov still being in the peloton is a disgrace.

He is so obviously a doper, just has managed to be smart enough not to test positive.

Yet another chhink in the UCI's now paper thin armor, Menchov still riding without even a Team assigned race ban is just making the UCI look like an even worse farce that it already is. What does it take to apply any type of ban after all the amassed information, if in at least to keep the name of cycling, cycling! :confused:

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:

He is so obviously a doper, just has managed to be smart enough not to test positive.

Just like the rest of them.

According to the McQuaid theory though, there are only 2% doping now, so better leave Menchov there as his doping doesn't seem to help him much anymore.

In the 2010 tour de france menchov was awessome, destroying everyone in the tt and had it been a more.balanced course he would perhaps be seen now as the official winner of the event

Question. Did menchov dope for.that event?

If the answer to that is yes.was it as before, rabobank team doping or had he began to go independent?

The Hitch said:
In the 2010 tour de france menchov was awessome, destroying everyone in the tt and had it been a more.balanced course he would perhaps be seen now as the official winner of the event

Question. Did menchov dope for.that event?

If the answer to that is yes.was it as before, rabobank team doping or had he began to go independent?

Indeed. 2009 giro asks a similar question.

ElChingon said:
Yet another chhink in the UCI's now paper thin armor, Menchov still riding without even a Team assigned race ban is just making the UCI look like an even worse farce that it already is. What does it take to apply any type of ban after all the amassed information, if in at least to keep the name of cycling, cycling! :confused:

They did try and ban Menchov's team but CAS overuled

Will Katusha suspend Menchov in the light of these revelations?

Frosty said:
Indeed. 2009 giro asks a similar question.

Yeah, i chose 2010 because it was later, closer to this "clean era" and had more of the new breed guys who supposedly dont dope because they are young.

And at that Tour Gesink (on an injury) wasnt far behind.

Which would bring up the follow up question if rabo was doping, were they just doping Menchov?

Or, if they werent team doping, when did they stop? Did they know Menchov was doping on his own? Did they not wonder why a guy they had doped to superstar mode was performing just as well now that they had stopped? Did they ignore it?

And who was Menchov doping with then?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:

premise: the peloton still being in the peloton is a disgrace

the only disgrace is the lack of universal justice when someone like Ricco is given a 12 year ban for lacking decorum, being injudicious and not playing a political game.

TRENDING THREADS