• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Menchov (Rasmussen)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Dear Dr. Leinders,

My name is Chris. I want to be a good cyclist. Like a Tour de France cyclist. I live in Kenya but one time I rode a race in Italy and I was beaten by a 12 year old called Simon.

My problem is one I climb hills I go sideways. What do you suggest I do?

Frustrated,

Chris

__

Thanks for your letter Chris. Here's my suggestion.

You need to develop a blood condition.

Then I suggest micro-dosing EPO during during and the night before races.

Then I suggest you start withdrawing blood every 6 weeks to reinfuse for the big races.

Buy yourself a powermeter and you'll be climbing like an ace in no time!

Best of luck,

Geert
And that, frustrated Skyfans, is why thehog is still here despite winding you up sans fin. It's an art form.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:
premise: the peloton still being in the peloton is a disgrace

the only disgrace is the lack of universal justice when someone like Ricco is given a 12 year ban for lacking decorum, being injudicious and not playing a political game.

If you compare Menchov with Evans for instance.

There is clear links between Menchov and doping, it is all there to see. yet he is some how still riding.

Evans doping is very believable, hard to see they did not, but there is not the amount of evidence available. So Evans still riding is a lot more understandable.

So Menchov still riding is a disgrace.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:
If you compare Menchov with Evans for instance.

There is clear links between Menchov and doping, it is all there to see. yet he is some how still riding.

Evans doping is very believable, hard to see they did not, but there is not the amount of evidence available. So Evans still riding is a lot more understandable.

So Menchov still riding is a disgrace.
but did Evans say "I am the only Aussie with a Ferrari inside him" at one stage. Because he has denied ever working with MF. Said only test in 2001ish for Tony Rominger with Ferrari for a hill p/w measurement.

And much of the investigation wrt Armstrong focused on Ferrari and indeed Australia's current affairs program 4 Corners made issue of this.

There are numerous sources wrt Cadel and Ferrari. Rene at Cyclingheroes, Race Radio, JV, a German media website.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:
but did Evans say "I am the only Aussie with a Ferrari inside him" at one stage. Because he has denied ever working with MF. Said only test in 2001ish for Tony Rominger with Ferrari for a hill p/w measurement.

And much of the investigation wrt Armstrong focused on Ferrari and indeed Australia's current affairs program 4 Corners made issue of this.

There are numerous sources wrt Cadel and Ferrari. Rene at Cyclingheroes, Race Radio, JV, a German media website.

Without making this thread a Cadel thread, I am not aware of an abundance of evidence against him unlike Menchov. If I am wrong then sorry for my ignorance.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
del1962 said:
They did try and ban Menchov's team but CAS overuled

Will Katusha suspend Menchov in the light of these revelations?

BMC keeps banning Ballan at the drop of a hat or if someone who's name start with an A gets mentioned in the news with doping then we have Menchov who even with direct court admissions, nothing. :mad:

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Yeah, i chose 2010 because it was later, closer to this "clean era" and had more of the new breed guys who supposedly dont dope because they are young.

And at that Tour Gesink (on an injury) wasnt far behind.

Which would bring up the follow up question if rabo was doping, were they just doping Menchov?

Or, if they werent team doping, when did they stop? Did they know Menchov was doping on his own? Did they not wonder why a guy they had doped to superstar mode was performing just as well now that they had stopped? Did they ignore it?

And who was Menchov doping with then?

Where you been Hitch?
The only Rabo rider left to confess must be Rolf Sørensen about now, question is if Rasmussen got more in the goodie bag, rumor says hes not even warmed up yet, hes also claiming the management on CSC and BR were well aware of his doping and also prohibited him from racing since his hemo was way to high, and that Rabo allowed him to do what ever he wanted well knowing what he did.

So not much doubt Rabo orchestrated team doping in full scale for everybody.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
People could post pictures of saddle sores?

Dr. Leinders could be a guest Admin for the day like JV1973. He can advise that the best method to treat saddle sores is a blood withdrawal followed by it being reinfused 6 weeks later.
You're killing me here hog.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
People could post pictures of saddle sores?

There was a thread at, iirc, serrotta forums years ago about staring at your
B&tth*le in the mirror.

___________________________ hahahah LMAO! For real.

ElChingon said:
BMC keeps banning Ballan at the drop of a hat or if someone who's name start with an A gets mentioned in the news with doping then we have Menchov who even with direct court admissions, nothing. :mad:

What problem? There is no problem. Buy bike stuff. Enjoy the bicycle cycling races. Menchov is the best!

If I could write that ^^ in cyrillic, then I think it would be funnier.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This means Sastre is a "legend"

I would really like a full confession from Menchov. That way Sastre would finally be the real winner of 2007 Vuelta and 2009 Giro - and maybe also 2005 Vuelta if Heras doesn't get reinstated:D

Then he accomplished what Wiggins set out to - to become a legend. And its funny that Sastre indirectly also benefitted from Leinders

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
notrolfsorensen said:
I would really like a full confession from Menchov. That way Sastre would finally be the real winner of 2007 Vuelta and 2009 Giro - and maybe also 2005 Vuelta if Heras doesn't get reinstated:D

Then he accomplished what Wiggins set out to - to become a legend. And its funny that Sastre indirectly also benefitted from Leinders

I'd like to think Sastre was clean, but I'm not sure I believe he was.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1018/Wielren...-Menchov-is-Boogerd-allang-geschiedenis.dhtml

Dennis Menchov said:
Als jij en al je collega's nou eens stoppen met praten en schrijven over doping? De wielersport is enorm veranderd, staat er beter voor dan ooit, maar daar hoor ik geen woord over. Stel me vragen over het nieuwe wielrennen, de rest is voor mij geschiedenis

Translation:
''If you and all of your collegues just would stop talking and writing on doping? Cycling has changed enormously, it is better than ever, but, hey, I don't hear anything about that. Ask me questions on the new cycling, the rest is history to me''

Straight out of the new cycling handbook. These guys should be kicked from their bikes, omerta - gate - keepers. Laughable a-holes.
will10 said:
I like to think he was the cleanest.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
will10 said:

It's hard to believe anyone was clean, but he is at least one of the few from the 2000's that haven't been directly implicated by someone... But he did ride with both Riis and Saiz, although both had trouble with training methods (saying something like that he wanted to do it his one way).

Anyway, if he was clean, you gotta feel sorry for the guy... His best friend was Jimenez by the way, and he is married to Jimenez' sister right? I don't know if that could have been a deterrent, seeing as how that went.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
notrolfsorensen said:
It's hard to believe anyone was clean, but he is at least one of the few from the 2000's that haven't been directly implicated by someone... But he did ride with both Riis and Saiz, although both had trouble with training methods (saying something like that he wanted to do it his one way).

Anyway, if he was clean, you gotta feel sorry for the guy... His best friend was Jimenez by the way, and he is married to Jimenez' sister right? I don't know if that could have been a deterrent, seeing as how that went.

Don't think for a minute that Riis or Saiz would not impose their methods on a GC rider who could win when 'prepared'...

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
In the 2010 tour de france menchov was awessome, destroying everyone in the tt and had it been a more.balanced course he would perhaps be seen now as the official winner of the event

Question. Did menchov dope for.that event?

If the answer to that is yes.was it as before, rabobank team doping or had he began to go independent?

Wasn't Menchov the only 10 on the UCI's suspicion list that year? And in addition I thought Menchov's name had come up numerous times in relation to the money laundering efforts of Ferrari's associates.

I think the answers are yes he doped, and he was probably using Ferrari.

For the forgetful: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/italian-newspaper-reveals-details-of-ferrari-investigation

It seems to me that Mentsjov most likely is one of the most non talents ever to win or podium a grand tour after this leaked information.

Without being on the high juice anymore he obviously is a nothing. Just look in which way he faded away after he left the Rabo programme.

And today he was 2nd again, oh dear.

The Chicken was at least great to watch. Fantastic entertainer. Mentsjov is like baldrian on a bike.

xrayvision said:
Where you been Hitch?
The only Rabo rider left to confess must be Rolf Sørensen about now, question is if Rasmussen got more in the goodie bag, rumor says hes not even warmed up yet, hes also claiming the management on CSC and BR were well aware of his doping and also prohibited him from racing since his hemo was way to high, and that Rabo allowed him to do what ever he wanted well knowing what he did.

So not much doubt Rabo orchestrated team doping in full scale for everybody.

umm its pretty clear i was talking about whether rabo was doing team wide doping in 2010, not whether they were doing teamwide doping before.

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
staubsauger said:
It seems to me that Mentsjov most likely is one of the most non talents ever to win or podium a grand tour after this leaked information.
isidro nosal, juanjo cobo, david arroyo and other spaniard no-name ephemeras smiling to you. they winking to you. they laughing at you.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:
Good thing there are guys like Menchov to remind us that we are far, far far away from having a clean peloton.

Agreed. I also got a little worried when I saw My Little Scarpony place a jump...

TRENDING THREADS