• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mens Journal article

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
With all the botox, HGH, and other anti-aging drugs, Michael Douglas is one of the few people who have taken more drugs than Armstrong.

more hate, do you not understand MickyD is innocent i tell you INNOCENT!

May 15, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Wow you are brutal..... Micheal Douglass has two types of cancer and his kid is in the can for 5 years.

It is cool to be smart and witty but that is downright mean. You guys want to kick Micheal D. when he is down? Why? Why the hate? Why hate at all.

I am a sunflower child, one who enjoys riding his bicycle through fields of sunflowers in France in July. Haters, please do not hate us you CHILDREN OF THE CORN.

I hate any man whose wife is as smoking hot as MD's current wife. Shamelessly.

I feel sorry for men with an oedipal complex so deep that it requires their lovers to resemble their own mom.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
I hate any man whose wife is as smoking hot as MD's current wife. Shamelessly.

I feel sorry for men with an oedipal complex so deep that it requires their lovers to resemble their own mom.

Yeah, thankfully, Catherine Z-J puts LA's mom to shame.

But Mary-Kate . . . not so much. :D

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
With all the botox, HGH, and other anti-aging drugs, Michael Douglas is one of the few people who has taken more drugs than Armstrong.

Mikey D. is innocent. Uniballer has polluted the entire Oct issue of Mj. The complete pelotaine of advertisers and all the articles have been polluted by Armstrongs' cloud of fraud, scandal,intrigue,systematic doping,infidelity,taking advantage or cancer patients, world conquest etc. How could Mj even consider writing about a douche like Armstrong? Please reserve his ilk for some commie rag like Atlantic Monthly or Granta.
Not in my Masculine Journal!

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Mikey D. is innocent. Uniballer has polluted the entire Oct issue of Mj. The complete pelotaine of advertisers and all the articles have been polluted by Armstrongs' cloud of fraud, scandal,intrigue,systematic doping,infidelity,taking advantage or cancer patients, world conquest etc. How could Mj even consider writing about a douche like Armstrong? Please reserve his ilk for some commie rag like Atlantic Monthly or Granta.
Not in my Masculine Journal!

If you say masculinejournal real fast ten times it sounds like what many are doing on this thread...

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Cool your jets, folks.

The topic here is Lance Armstrong, not Michael Douglas.

Susan

Funny how huffy this particular mod gets whenever a woman's appearance gets discussed. If regular members can opt out of threads, why can't mods... :confused:

Some women are beautiful. Men love beautiful women. Get over it.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
Funny how huffy this particular mod gets whenever a woman's appearance gets discussed. If regular members can opt out of threads, why can't mods... :confused:

I feel for you, I think Lance and Alberto are beautiful men and everyone here gets on my case about it. Que lastima.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
I feel for you, I think Lance and Alberto are beautiful men and everyone here gets on my case about it. Que lastima.

Reading that statement was like jumping into a cold pool. Major shrinkage! :eek: Pity indeed. :)

alberto.legstrong said:

Mods are not going to "opt out" of threads, it runs counter to what mods do, what they are for.

Beyond that, just a word to the wise: Challenging the staff has never gotten anyone very far. Sort of akin to arguing with a judge in court.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Mods are not going to "opt out" of threads, it runs counter to what mods do, what they are for.

Beyond that, just a word to the wise: Challenging the staff has never gotten anyone very far. Sort of akin to arguing with a judge in court.

I am not challenging her at all. It's a simple observation. If you want to ban me, feel free. Go back through my posts and I am sure my history of troubling encounters will astound you.

Simple analogy, if a person finds bad odors offensive, cleaning out septic tanks may not be the career choice for them.

People were commenting on the aesthetics of Michael Douglas' wife. Wow. Shocking. And a bunch of guys (and women as well!) bring up Michael Douglas, as if his wife's looks never comes up when his name pops up-- and one mod, and always the same mod, has to get b---hy about it. Happens over and over. Maybe men commenting on beautiful women should be a bannable offense throughout the planet. :rolleyes:

I'll do you the favor and ban myself for a few weeks.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
I am not challenging her at all. It's a simple observation. If you want to ban me, feel free. Go back through my posts and I am sure my history of troubling encounters will astound you.

Simple analogy, if a person finds bad odors offensive, cleaning out septic tanks may not be the career choice for them.

People were commenting on the aesthetics of Michael Douglas' wife. Wow. Shocking. And a bunch of guys (and women as well!) bring up Michael Douglas, as if his wife's looks never comes up when his name pops up-- and one mod, and always the same mod, has to get b---hy about it. Happens over and over. Maybe men commenting on beautiful women should be a bannable offense throughout the planet. :rolleyes:

I'll do you the favor and ban myself for a few weeks.
To take your anaolgy to its obvious point - if you wish to discuss 'beautiful women' then there are better places than a thread of a cycling related forum.

All Susan asked was for people to "cool their jets" - which being fair was a timely (and subtle) intervention before things got too far off topic.

Sure I agree with your general sentiment on MJs wife - but we are not in a locker room or hanging by the bar - its a public forum.
To add to your analogy - if you want to talk about beautiful women, then dont do it on a cycling site

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
To take your anaolgy to its obvious point - if you wish to discuss 'beautiful women' then there are better places than a thread of a cycling related forum.

All Susan asked was for people to "cool their jets" - which being fair was a timely (and subtle) intervention before things got too far off topic.

Sure I agree with your general sentiment on MJs wife - but we are not in a locker room or hanging by the bar - its a public forum.
To add to your analogy - if you want to talk about beautiful women, then dont do it on a cycling site

It isn't like anything lurid was being discussed.

Susan has a long history of jumping into any conversation that drifts in that direction. Your comments are a straw man in this thread, no one said anything even close to locker-room talk. You are distorting reality to give the mods cover. It's bogus.

Topics much more tangential regularly break out with not a single word. Some people love the fact that they have just a smidgen of authority over people. Those types drive people away if they are moderators in forums.

All of a sudden we are supposed to act like robotic Pilgrims because one mod can't stand the thought of another woman's beauty being acknowledged. That mod needs to deal with her issues privately.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Alberto and Bobs in that nothing inappropriate was included in any post. And of course I agree that CZJ is amazingly hot. I mean, I watched that crappy Zorro movie three times. And I sat through a musical because of her for heaven's sake! But Susan's post struck me as a simple reminder to stay on topic. Which is something that many members have asked the mods to do. They put it in the rules and now they have to back up their words with, well ok more words. I don't think she was dissuading anyone from mentioning women. The podium girls thread and the babes on bikes thread are evidence that beautiful women can be celebrated around here without interference. Now, if anyone has a photo of Catherine on a bike.......

alberto.legstrong said:

Michael Douglas is now a beautiful woman? When did that happen?

As has been pointed out, I simply requested that the thread return to its topic.

Susan

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
It isn't like anything lurid was being discussed.

Susan has a long history of jumping into any conversation that drifts in that direction. Your comments are a straw man in this thread, no one said anything even close to locker-room talk. You are distorting reality to give the mods cover. It's bogus.

Topics much more tangential regularly break out with not a single word. Some people love the fact that they have just a smidgen of authority over people. Those types drive people away if they are moderators in forums.

All of a sudden we are supposed to act like robotic Pilgrims because one mod can't stand the thought of another woman's beauty being acknowledged. That mod needs to deal with her issues privately.

The mod asked for people to cool their jets - nothing more - and then a poster rants that they will accept a ban and calls the mod "huffy' and "*****y"..... for doing what a mod is suppossed to do.

Now thats a strawman.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I took off with the douglass thing my bad. I just thought it was ironic thatr douglass and armstrong are in the same issue, because I find them similar in some ways. I do not think it cool to talk about other men or women exs or current partners

About the abagado(attorney) thread. My thought that people would have an opinion on Armstrongs attorney Fabian meeting with the US District attorney yesterday. I guess no one got it but there was an article about that in cyclingnews, I love seeing those heavy hitters in courtroom drama! Way better than pro-cycling!
I am way more interested with how the attorneys handle this issue than armstrong or bruyneel. Just because I would also like to see honesty in sports.

Ok, I'll officially admit to be an idiot! I did it again - actually checked this thread as I could see there were new posts... Obviously this was stupid as this hasn't been on topic for several pages (and days) by now.

If nobody has anything to say on-topic, can we close it instead?
And if people wants to discuss if derailing a thread - as an answer to admins asking people to stop derailing - is appropriate, can we please have a separate thread for that?

Oh, and by the way; apologies for adding to it, but this is getting ridiculous...

TRENDING THREADS