• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michael Rasmussen back in yellow?

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Anyone catch the photos of Rasmussen's comeback race? Yellow bike and helmet. I would think his tour history crossed his mind in this choice and he went through with it.

Am I alone in thinking this was a rather interesting gesture?

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, noticed this. Think it's a little quirky statement, perhaps, but then again he thinks in his own mind he was the winner.

I notice Valverde also has the tendency to ride around on a bike with yellow tape and trimmings; not sure what this means but maybe subliminal positive thinking to himself that he can win it, etc. Not now, as he'll have to wait for another crack at it. :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think in Valverde's case it was more based on the Spanish flag wasn't it? (although he did do the all yellow thing in the last tour I think...)

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
Yes, noticed this. Think it's a little quirky statement, perhaps, but then again he thinks in his own mind he was the winner.
Well, he would have won the Tour if his own team and the organisers hadn't conspired against him to give that Tour to someone who was at least on the same gear as he was.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Danilot said:
Well, he would have won the Tour if his own team and the organisers hadn't conspired against him to give that Tour to someone who was at least on the same gear as he was.
I think 'his own sponsors and the organisers' is more correct.

TRENDING THREADS