• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michael Rogers

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
maxmartin said:
and Roger's performance in this year Tour is better than his Ferrari years while he is getting older

that clearly shows SKY is doing something dodgy

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rogers-it-was-a-mistake-to-work-with-ferrari
I dont think it does :S but you could be right and sky are up to something :S but it could also show that the whole pellyton is cleaner than it was when rogers was with old ferrari and he's just a good athlete... in my opinion this clearly shows nothing

May 19, 2011
Visit site
palmerq said:
I dont think it does :S but you could be right and sky are up to something :S but it could also show that the whole pellyton is cleaner than it was when rogers was with old ferrari and he's just a good athlete... in my opinion this clearly shows nothing

I disagree. We are not comparing him with the rest of the peloton, we are comparing him with old himself under Ferrari's guidance. I can't remember exact source, but his power output this year increased 7% compared with his best level before. (might be wrong on 7% part)

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You missed typed

thehog said:
He is the best coach. His results are outstanding.

Sorry thehog you must have been busy. You missed typed.

He is the best (doping) coach. His results are outstanding.

The best regular doctor is Carmichael, correct?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
maxmartin said:
I disagree. We are not comparing him with the rest of the peloton, we are comparing him with old himself under Ferrari's guidance. I can't remember exact source, but his power output this year increased 7% compared with his best level before. (might be wrong on 7% part)

well that is a bit better(his power level improving) although i am no expert on these things, I admit i am a bit of a noob in these things so i can be convinced but for me just now it coul just be the natural progression of an athlete getting older and improving his power and so on, also i would guess ferrari spent less time and interest on rogers than his other big name clients, so who knows...

May 19, 2011
Visit site
palmerq said:
well that is a bit better(his power level improving) although i am no expert on these things, I admit i am a bit of a noob in these things so i can be convinced but for me just now it coul just be the natural progression of an athlete getting older and improving his power and so on, also i would guess ferrari spent less time and interest on rogers than his other big name clients, so who knows...

LOL his career is going down steadily after his best years, then suddenly after he was transferred to SKY, he was able to increase his output level compared with his best year, that was highly highly suspicious

May 20, 2010
Visit site
When he tells reporters he only contacted Ferrari for training advice do you think he realises no one in the entire world except Rupert Guinness believes him.

palmerq said:

We've just uncovered the biggest doping conspiracy in history involving 100's of cyclists and you flag Rogers's upward spike in performance down to natural progression?

There is no hope.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I find the whole it was only training and no drugs involved line totally unbelievable. And Austalians do dope, we like to win as much as anyone else. :rolleyes:

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
We've just uncovered the biggest doping conspiracy in history involving 100's of cyclists and you flag Rogers's upward spike in performance down to natural progression?

There is no hope.
whaaaat this was well know ages ago, it's no shock to anyone...

i think my point is that rogers working with ferrari in the past does not make it automatic that sky are doping now.. I said i do not know too much about these things aka power outputs and such like and maybe that is down to non efficient doping in the past and natural progression from an athlete... all i want to say is I dont think this makes is a sure thing that sky are doing something dodgy now as there is so many conclusions that can be drawn from it now...

also i think michael rogers has got worse over the years in terms of results and winning stuff.

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Just another schmol hitching a ride on Dr. Ferrari's EPO gravey train, with HGH and, Steroid wheels........USADA's Armstrong decision is going to be the gift that keeps on giving.....

palmerq said:
whaaaat this was well know ages ago, it's no shock to anyone...

i think my point is that rogers working with ferrari in the past does not make it automatic that sky are doping now.. I said i do not know too much about these things aka power outputs and such like and maybe that is down to non efficient doping in the past and natural progression from an athlete... all i want to say is I dont think this makes is a sure thing that sky are doing something dodgy now as there is so many conclusions that can be drawn from it now...

also i think michael rogers has got worse over the years in terms of results and winning stuff.

No. In the USADA report he was seen at a training camp with Ferrari after the first admission.

Rogers has since spoken to the media in regard to his relationship with Ferrari however there has been no response to Leipheimer’s claims regarding past training camps in which Andrey Kashechkin, Alexandre Vinkourov, Paolo Savoldelli, Yaroslav Popovych and Eddy Mazzoleni reportedly attended.

What do you think went on there? A health retreat?

Anyway I leave you to it... not worth arguing.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone doubting the "training only" line should watch the 2007 tour. He was gunning it until he broke his shoulder. Very strong during that tour and 2006. We all know how clean they were. Or is Rogers the only cyclist to actually see Ferrari for training? In which case he got ripped off. i can see it now. "$15,000 dollars and all I got was this lousy calendar with stupid dots and circles! What a rip off!" :)

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
No. In the USADA report its not he was seen at a training camp with Ferrari after the first admission.

What do you think went on there? A health retreat?

Anyway I leave you to it... not worth arguing.

I am quite sure he was most probably doping, I never said differently :S i just dont think that this means sky are surely up to somthing dodgy, I am not sure what your point is, the only reasonable evidence i have heard is that his power output is apparently better than from the time he was doping which does seem a bit odd.