Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2011
Flowers really turned himself inside out today (even compared to other days). He finished after Henao, who earlier gently slipped off the back. Says it all really.

May 25, 2016
A good rider but he has become a legendary super dom on this tour. Loved it when he just stopped. In my imagination he found some friendly countrymen by the road and had a beer and a few pierogis before setting off again!

His performance in the TdF maybe didn't give him much WT points, but if you just look at his class he has been the strongest so far. But a big win at the Worlds or Lombardia would indeed seal the deal.

Re: Re:

Inquitus said:
Blanco said:
Right now, I would say it's:
1#Valverde
2#GVA
3#Kwiat

But the difference is minimal
Dan Martin is probably right up there as well. Good Classics season with a few podiums, as well as 6th on GC at the TDF, pretty well rounded effort.
Dan Martin's only win so far this season is a stage in the Volta ao Algarve...you sure he is up there?

Gigs_98 said:
Inquitus said:
Blanco said:
1#Valverde
2#GVA
3#Kwiat

Dan Martin is probably right up there as well. Good Classics season with a few podiums, as well as 6th on GC at the TDF, pretty well rounded effort.
Dan Martin's only win so far this season is a stage in the Volta ao Algarve...you sure he is up there?
He's 3rd in the World Tour rankings - http://www.uci.ch/road/ranking/

Inquitus said:
Gigs_98 said:
Inquitus said:
Blanco said:
1#Valverde
2#GVA
3#Kwiat

He's 3rd in the World Tour rankings - http://www.uci.ch/road/ranking/
That might show you how indifferent the World Tour ranking is but definitely not how good his season is. I'd say there are right now probably around 15 to 20 riders who had a better season than him because ultimately nobody cares about top 10's in cycling.
Edit: Ok, maybe rather 10 to 15 riders, but that doesn't really change my point

Jul 14, 2015
He must have really got his training down now, it wasn't just the first year at Sky, even with QS he was just totally inconsistent.

In interviews Kwiatkowski frequently mentioned that he is constantly learning on his own mistakes regarding both race tactics and training. It makes sense he would nail his preparation at some point. We also can't ignore the fact that Kwiatkowski is reaching now the best age for the professional cyclist (27-32).

ASK THE COMMUNITY