• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
Inquitus said:
Blanco said:
Right now, I would say it's:
1#Valverde
2#GVA
3#Kwiat

But the difference is minimal

Dan Martin is probably right up there as well. Good Classics season with a few podiums, as well as 6th on GC at the TDF, pretty well rounded effort.
Dan Martin's only win so far this season is a stage in the Volta ao Algarve...you sure he is up there?

He's 3rd in the World Tour rankings - http://www.uci.ch/road/ranking/

Re: Re:

Inquitus said:
Gigs_98 said:
Inquitus said:
Blanco said:
Right now, I would say it's:
1#Valverde
2#GVA
3#Kwiat

But the difference is minimal

Dan Martin is probably right up there as well. Good Classics season with a few podiums, as well as 6th on GC at the TDF, pretty well rounded effort.
Dan Martin's only win so far this season is a stage in the Volta ao Algarve...you sure he is up there?

He's 3rd in the World Tour rankings - http://www.uci.ch/road/ranking/
That might show you how indifferent the World Tour ranking is but definitely not how good his season is. I'd say there are right now probably around 15 to 20 riders who had a better season than him because ultimately nobody cares about top 10's in cycling.
Edit: Ok, maybe rather 10 to 15 riders, but that doesn't really change my point

In interviews Kwiatkowski frequently mentioned that he is constantly learning on his own mistakes regarding both race tactics and training. It makes sense he would nail his preparation at some point. We also can't ignore the fact that Kwiatkowski is reaching now the best age for the professional cyclist (27-32).

TRENDING THREADS