• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Miguel Ángel Lopez Discussion Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Sad to him crash all the time.

Staubsauger: Fuglsang said after the Tour-presentation that Lopez and him was supposed to share the leader duty at TdF, I don't actually think it was in the cards for Lopez to ride Il Giro. And especially not now after the crash. I would honestly rather see him in Le Tour anyways, aint nobody gonna co-lead with Aru in the Giro unless its Nibali, we know that by now.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Sad to him crash all the time.

Staubsauger: Fuglsang said after the Tour-presentation that Lopez and him was supposed to share the leader duty at TdF, I don't actually think it was in the cards for Lopez to ride Il Giro. And especially not now after the crash. I would honestly rather see him in Le Tour anyways, aint nobody gonna co-lead with Aru in the Giro unless its Nibali, we know that by now.
Oh, okay. I thought when Fuglsang announced he leads Astana at the 2017 Tour that'd mean Lopez is gonna be Aru's super-domestique at the Giro. As Lopez claimed he wants to ride the Giro and Rosa is gone of course. Obviously missed the point there ofc

Re: Re:

aarononymous said:
jens_attacks said:
he crashes way too often, it's not bad luck i think unfortunately.
i think he will be at his best only in the summer...

Perhaps but this was due to a car making an improper pass and taking out the group he was training with.

I've read different reports. Read one with no car involved, someone suddenly braked and lopez was the one who crashed badly.

Re: Re:

Ruudz0r said:
Jungle Cycle said:
I've missed him.. kmon!! how is he??

He is doing okay, back training trying to get the legs to respond well again. He will race again in Tour of California
Im afraid thats too late if you are going to do really well in TdF. I wouldn't expect GC results from him, but I guess he still would be able to climb very well in some of the stages and win one.

Maybe he will feel fresher than the other riders once it will be summer, but I don't think he will have the necessary base just yet

Maybe he can go to the Tour just for stages, and after that going to the Vuelta to play the GC with Aru. But maybe it will be a bit too much for someone who hasn't finished a 3 weeks race yet.

Re:

Ruudz0r said:
Here is a recent interview: http://www.revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/22819-estare-reapareciendo-en-el-tour-de-california-en-el-mes-de-mayo-miguel-angel-lopez.html

He wants to try and make the Tour in great shape but if that is not possible he will prepare for the Vuelta instead (at least I think that he is saying that, my Spanish is not great :p).

Yes he's on the short list for the Tour, if he arrives in good condition that is the plan but the team has the last word. If not he will prepare for Vuelta...