• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Miguel Ángel Lopez Discussion Thread

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A coach in Astana mentioned the living in Europe more.

Hope these coaches understand what they are doing with these Colombian talents. Just like Quintana. You have to take the good with the bad. Same with Uran. Unless they start doing stuff like Betancur you have to give them their space and time. Besides they benefit a lot from sleeping at high altitude. It is really not bad. IMHO.

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Valv.Piti said:
the asian said:
Hope he can be on the podium at the finish.
He definitely can. Potentially no Froomey and no Movistars. Heck, he can even win then.
Indeed. In that case, it is very open. Hard to pick a favorite between Aru, Chaves, Pinot, and Lopez. I hope we'll see Zakarin as well!
Yeah, Zakarin is stupid for racing the Tour over the Giro, especially with the MTF overload this year and the riders attending both races. Zakarin could easily win as well, lol.

Valv.Piti said:
Netserk said:
Valv.Piti said:
the asian said:
He definitely can. Potentially no Froomey and no Movistars. Heck, he can even win then.
Indeed. In that case, it is very open. Hard to pick a favorite between Aru, Chaves, Pinot, and Lopez. I hope we'll see Zakarin as well!
Yeah, Zakarin is stupid for racing the Tour over the Giro, especially with the MTF overload this year and the riders attending both races. Zakarin could easily win as well, lol.
Pretty much. Also take into account Kittel moving to Katusha, riding the Tour, and requiring teammates. THough I understand that Zakarin would want to try in the Tour someday, he should be aiming to win a GT now that he's gotten his GT podium.

Wait...will really no Movistar leader ride the giro? When I heard they would all go to the tour I assumed at least one of them will ride the giro before that. How stupid is Movistar?

Anyway, great to hear MAL goes to the giro. That should make the race a lot more interesting. Now let's just hope the new Aru rumors are rubbish.

Re:

Netserk said:
Amador will fight for a 5th place, I guess.
I cannot believe that. Are they serious? Are they f*cking serious? They sign a new gc contender just so they can have 2 instead of 1 leader too much in a gt? How on earth do they want to protect three guys on the cobbles with just 5 other riders? I get that they would have had the same situation if one of them tries the double but then at least the tour wouldn't be the only big season goal for all 3.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Netserk said:
Valv.Piti said:
the asian said:
if he can limit losses in his first mountain stage... he definetly can win

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
I guess Unzue is very pi$$ed off at Quintana!
quintana can't beat dumoulin in normal conditions so he needs a teammate like landa to blow the peloton in the mountains and try to isolate big tom. I'm pretty sure dumoulin and nibali will destroy movistar in the cobbled stage so they really need landa (who attacks way more than valverde and quintana) in the mountains to create damage on sunweb

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
His race program up to the Giro

Tour of Oman (13-18 february)
Abu Dhabi Tour (21-25 february)
Tirreno-Adriatico (7-13 march)
Tour of the Alps (16-20 april)
Good showing so far. The team and him must be satisfied with results. All according to schedule. Now Tirreno and a block of altitude training and back to Europe.

His only problem would be the payment of his wages. Probably his results can help him find a new position in the future. I hope everything goes well with Astana. It has been a good fit.

TRENDING THREADS