• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 107 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Koronin said:
Serpentin said:
He looked overgeared in the climb. He can still podium but this edition doesn´t have that many chances to take back time for a pure climber. Top 5 and Maglia Azzura and then podium in the Tour would be ok. I want him to go for Giro Vuelta this year.

He wants to go to the Tour so he'll be at that Tour.

I know. And he should. But I Think he can win the Vuelta. Let´s focus on the Giro know, alot will happen in the third week that´s for sure. I Think that he performs best when the race is underway. He is in good form, otherwise he wouldn´t attack in LBL. The prologue is over and considering his few race Days this year he will get better day by day.

Serpentin said:
He looked overgeared in the climb. He can still podium but this edition doesn´t have that many chances to take back time for a pure climber. Top 5 and Maglia Azzura and then podium in the Tour would be ok. I want him to go for Giro Vuelta this year.

In stages 13,16 and 20 top climber can take all time of this world!

Re: Re:

Serpentin said:
HelloDolly said:
Will the hype ever end re Landa

Hi best bet is to stay at Giro and ride fro KOM and stages in 3rd week

Yeah but he wants to go for GC and that chance is over.

Yeah...I want to be a millionaire but its not going to happen
What we want v what we get are miles apart

If he stays in the Giro goes for stages and KOM he can maybe get some results and then try for the Vuelta in August

Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
Serpentin said:
HelloDolly said:
Will the hype ever end re Landa

Hi best bet is to stay at Giro and ride fro KOM and stages in 3rd week

Yeah but he wants to go for GC and that chance is over.

Yeah...I want to be a millionaire but its not going to happen
What we want v what we get are miles apart

If he stays in the Giro goes for stages and KOM he can maybe get some results and then try for the Vuelta in August

I agree, Maglia Azzura and podium/top5. To get podium in the vuelta would be a great result for him.

Re:

Rollthedice said:
Sciandri said they will assess now who will be the leader.
Why, is Landa hurt? Otherwise it would be bs, he's only around 30 seconds behind Carapaz, not minutes. I understand having both of them as co-leaders until the first big MTF establishes who's the stronger climber between the 2 of them, at this point having one work for the other could backfire.