Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 105 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

fuiers said:
Hoping for a swift recovery. I see that his calendar has couple of classics incoming. For helping Valverde?

The classics will be to help Valverde, same as last year. He's said he wants to learn how to race classics and the best way to do that is to go with Valverde. I remember he said during the Ardennes last year that he still has a lot to learn and wanted to race with Valverde more to try to learn from him.

settimana-internazionale-coppi-e-bartali-2019-stage-5-profile-54ab797348.jpg

Valico de Fazzano 1,9 km @ 9,5 % 4 times. Can Movistar do something here for the overall ?

Re:

Robert5091 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landa-set-to-replace-nibali-as-bahrain-merida-leader/
Mikel Landa is set to replace Vincenzo Nibali as the Grand Tour leader at Bahrain-Merida as the WorldTour team undergoes a major shake-up for 2020

Landa gets his chance to be sole team leader. Let's hope he gets some support.

Yep. I hadn't realized that he'll be 30 at the end of this year. I think he's capable of podiuming again at a GT. He's one of those guys who just LOOKS like a Grand Tour winner, but team politics haven't been in his favor.

Re: Re:

Bolder said:
Robert5091 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landa-set-to-replace-nibali-as-bahrain-merida-leader/
Mikel Landa is set to replace Vincenzo Nibali as the Grand Tour leader at Bahrain-Merida as the WorldTour team undergoes a major shake-up for 2020

Yep. I hadn't realized that he'll be 30 at the end of this year. I think he's capable of podiuming again at a GT. He's one of those guys who just LOOKS like a Grand Tour winner, but team politics haven't been in his favor.

*team politics and greed

When he goes to Sky and Movistar which are choc a bloc with leaders, from Astana due to a single reason of not having to play second fiddle, it would count as a bad career decision. Team politics is a secondary effect of too may cooks.
He also had too many crashes due to bad positioning/luck more in the Porte mould.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Yep MIkel still getting the over hype on here from the usual suspects

Here's what winners do ..they win...at Astana ,SKY and Movistar ...3 best teams in the peloton

Movistar is fringe top 10-team this season, who's going to win any races for them? :sad:

Movitrain said:
HelloDolly said:

Here's what winners do ..they win...at Astana ,SKY and Movistar ...3 best teams in the peloton

Movistar is fringe top 10-team this season, who's going to win any races for them? :sad:

Well if Landa is as good as this forum paints him surely he could win some races

HelloDolly said:
Movitrain said:
HelloDolly said:

Well if Landa is as good as this forum paints him surely he could win some races

Movistar is not one of the best teams in the peloton right now. Without Valverde dominating races and getting his typical wins we are seeing them for what they really are which is a pretty bad team.

Re:

Robert5091 said:

I don't know if it's the best choice for him, his best performances came when he was playing second fiddle, but i can understand him considering how they stole from him a Giro and (at least, we don't know what could have happened without Kwiatkowski pulling behind) a Tour podium.