• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
Angliru said:
GuyIncognito said:
staubsauger said:
Can't see him winning the Giro anymore. Even with Cervinia. In 1994 Pantani eventually couldn't beat Berzin in the end. How should Landa get 4 minutes!? It's a too huge task to ask for.

Pantani was coming down with bronchitis for the last two mountain stages

I'm not sure Contador's lead is enough if Landa is allowed to go full genius the rest of the Giro

I don't think Contador is at the point in his career where he can lose a 4 minute lead unless it involves another mechanical or heaven forbid, an unfortunate incident that begins with the word "c". All he really has to do is follow Landa. Aru is too much of a threat to other riders potential podium positions for other teams to allow him to go on some epic journey without their teams responding.

if he try follow Landa, he is out, not just 4 minutes, but 10.

I think he is proud, but not so studpid to try always follow Landa.

We saw yesterday in Aprica that is not easy to follow Landa.
OK, now I get it. Do you have a mancrush on Landa? Wow the praise you heap on this guy is hilarious! :D :D

You are saying with a straight face that if one of the greatest stage racers in history tries to follow the flavor of the month Landa, he will lose 10 minutes to the mighty power of L A N D A!!!? Something tells me you are playing this terrible English/poor grammar persona just as a ruse, and you are secretly just an internet troll who says ridiculous things with just enough "softness" as to seem believable.

I see you are also still going on about the 40" Landa put into Contador on a false flat climb in 3K's and think that means any time he attacks, he will take that same amount of time for every 3K's. In that case, why doesn't Landa just attack at the very beginning of a stage, because 1) Contador just can't possibly stay with Superman, and 2) he will take 40" for every 3K's. Stage 20 is 200K's, so that means Superman can win the Giro by over 44 minutes just in tomorrow's stage!! Can't wait to see that! (BTW, I had to engineer that math above, so I can see why Superman is so smart and the best cyclist!) :D

IamIronMan said:
Taxus4a said:
Angliru said:
GuyIncognito said:
staubsauger said:
Can't see him winning the Giro anymore. Even with Cervinia. In 1994 Pantani eventually couldn't beat Berzin in the end. How should Landa get 4 minutes!? It's a too huge task to ask for.

Pantani was coming down with bronchitis for the last two mountain stages

I'm not sure Contador's lead is enough if Landa is allowed to go full genius the rest of the Giro

I don't think Contador is at the point in his career where he can lose a 4 minute lead unless it involves another mechanical or heaven forbid, an unfortunate incident that begins with the word "c". All he really has to do is follow Landa. Aru is too much of a threat to other riders potential podium positions for other teams to allow him to go on some epic journey without their teams responding.

if he try follow Landa, he is out, not just 4 minutes, but 10.

I think he is proud, but not so studpid to try always follow Landa.

We saw yesterday in Aprica that is not easy to follow Landa.
OK, now I get it. Do you have a mancrush on Landa? Wow the praise you heap on this guy is hilarious! :D :D

You are saying with a straight face that if one of the greatest stage racers in history tries to follow the flavor of the month Landa, he will lose 10 minutes to the mighty power of L A N D A!!!? Something tells me you are playing this terrible English/poor grammar persona just as a ruse, and you are secretly just an internet troll who says ridiculous things with just enough "softness" as to seem believable.

I see you are also still going on about the 40" Landa put into Contador on a false flat climb in 3K's and think that means any time he attacks, he will take that same amount of time for every 3K's. In that case, why doesn't Landa just attack at the very beginning of a stage, because 1) Contador just can't possibly stay with Superman, and 2) he will take 40" for every 3K's. Stage 20 is 200K's, so that means Superman can win the Giro by over 44 minutes just in tomorrow's stage!! Can't wait to see that! (BTW, I had to engineer that math above, so I can see why Superman is so smart and the best cyclist!) :D

Yes, I admit that "se me fue la olla" a litte yesterday. :p

The stage today wanst really hard, long clinbs, but the stepest at the begining... and Contador recover well, so you are right.

But one thing it is true, Contador is worried about Mikel, he said krispis was the strongest of the Mortirolo stage, he didnt hesitate yesterday to attack when Landa had a problem, he never mention him, just talk about Astana...and he only was at his wheel today, anyone else matters today and maybe tomorrow...

He is supossed to get the Giro already, so will be interesesting for him to get one stage, but it seem that there are more important things...

His name is Mikel Landa Meana, today in the first part of the Finestre there is a village called Meana di Susa.
Maybe is destiny.

Contador want the stage, but he will try that Mikel dont get nor the stage nor the second place.

I think Aru and Landa must attack from the beginig of the Finestre, if Contador want the stage he has to follow both of them or atack himself.

But I am not very confident in Astana tactics...

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:
His name is Mikel Landa Meana, today in the first part of the Finestre there is a village called Meana di Susa.
Maybe is destiny.

Contador want the stage, but he will try that Mikel dont get nor the stage nor the second place.

I think Aru and Landa must attack from the beginig of the Finestre, if Contador want the stage he has to follow both of them or atack himself.

The smartest thing you ever said, congratulations! Sorry dude, but Astana used your boy like a wh0re this whole race. He could have won the blue jersey also today if he won the stage, and probably gotten second overall, but it's all about Aru Aru Aru. You better pray Landa is on another team next year or else he will just be someone's slave again. Astana is the worst team ever. But then again, will Landa show the same ridiculous form as the whole Astana team if he transfers? What a condundrum!! Anyway, Contador wins!

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Landa was going to win the stage. But the Aru strategy came into play and he got screwed once more. Better choose new team

Landa couldn't have done it. Even when he was descending as fast as possible the 2nd group was coming closer to him and he asked Zakarin like 1000 times maybe he can do some work. Doesn't it show that Landa did want to continue.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Jalgratas95 said:
IndianCyclist said:
Landa was going to win the stage. But the Aru strategy came into play and he got screwed once more. Better choose new team

Landa couldn't have done it. Even when he was descending as fast as possible the 2nd group was coming closer to him and he asked Zakarin like 1000 times maybe he can do some work. Doesn't it show that Landa did want to continue.

I logically knocked down two AC fanboys yesterday by mentioning one or two things which resulted to be true but some other fanboys were all over me with offending and name calling.
Nothing similar will happen to you because you topic is very good. Carry on please.

Re: Mikel Landa

Great ride today,too bad the team orders prevailed.Landa would have deserved this stage win and the 2nd place in the GC,but Astana chose Aru,a big name in Italy,easy choice.I don't think Landa would have won this Giro even if he was unleashed earlier,that ITT gap was really big.Anyway amazing Giro for him,now time to chose a new team for next year,i hope he'll be inspired.

IamIronMan said:
Taxus4a said:
Maybe is destiny.

The smartest thing you ever said, congratulations! Sorry dude, but Astana used your boy like a wh0re this whole race. He could have won the blue jersey also today if he won the stage, and probably gotten second overall, but it's all about Aru Aru Aru. You better pray Landa is on another team next year or else he will just be someone's slave again. Astana is the worst team ever. But then again, will Landa show the same ridiculous form as the whole Astana team if he transfers? What a condundrum!! Anyway, Contador wins!

You dont know Landa, for him blue jersey it is not important, to him is important to beat Contador, or at least to show he is stronger, and he did, no more, that all, the car call him and just stopped him, this were his words: "Mikel, stop, Aru can win the Giro".

The situation is that, Astana knew they can win the Giro with Landa, but they prefer Aru second and Landa third...things sometimes are like this, and Landa has a long year and he want to race some important races...he showed he can beat Contador in the stages with the most important climbs, Mortirolo and Finestre and he is on the podium so it is ok.

For the Giro is better than Contador won, if no...Aru, no more options, and Astana is a semi italian team and want to be in good relation with Giro.

Aru is italian, young, and Landa could dont sign again with Astana.

Astana cant ask more from Landa, he could have won, and he give the second place and 2 stages to Aru.

Aru dindnt anything for Mikel, nor Astana... Mikel took advantage to be in such strong team, but Astana did NOTHING for him, everything for Aru.

So although if he leaves, the team must go with him at least: Burgos, San Sebastian, Vuelta, Lombardia.

Re: Mikel Landa

DBotero said:
Great ride today,too bad the team orders prevailed.Landa would have deserved this stage win and the 2nd place in the GC,but Astana chose Aru,a big name in Italy,easy choice.I don't think Landa would have won this Giro even if he was unleashed earlier,that ITT gap was really big.Anyway amazing Giro for him,now time to chose a new team for next year,i hope he'll be inspired.

dont you think that if Landa go at the begining of Mortirolo he would have put 2 minutes on Contador?

dont you thin that if Aru atack today form the forst km of the Finestre and they put contador in problem before the sterrato contador would have lost 3 minutes. he lost 2 just this way Landa stopping.

Of course with that crash in Ologno difficult, but of couse even yesterday Astana could have do more, they ionly worried for stages, no for GC.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
“I would have liked to have won the stage but I was stopped by the team car because they had the idea that they could win the Giro [with Aru] and I had to follow orders,” said Landa.
Cruel
“Maybe we should have tried earlier,” Landa said. “But Alberto didn’t look too bad because he had responded to Kruijswijk and Hesjedal’s attacks and that intimidated us a bit. That’s his strength. He knew how to control things and he succeeded completely.”

“My next objective is the Vuelta a España, but I’m happy with my Giro,” Landa said. “It’s a big turning point in my career and I’ll look on things from a different perspective now.”

Seems like him doing the Vuelta is a done deal. Surely he wouldn't want to slave for Aru, so I guess this means Aru really is going to do the Tour?

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
“I would have liked to have won the stage but I was stopped by the team car because they had the idea that they could win the Giro [with Aru] and I had to follow orders,” said Landa.
Cruel
“Maybe we should have tried earlier,” Landa said. “But Alberto didn’t look too bad because he had responded to Kruijswijk and Hesjedal’s attacks and that intimidated us a bit. That’s his strength. He knew how to control things and he succeeded completely.”

“My next objective is the Vuelta a España, but I’m happy with my Giro,” Landa said. “It’s a big turning point in my career and I’ll look on things from a different perspective now.”

Seems like him doing the Vuelta is a done deal. Surely he wouldn't want to slave for Aru, so I guess this means Aru really is going to do the Tour?

http://cyclingquotes.com/news/aru_to_lead_astana_at_vuelta/

Aru is going to lead the time at the Vuelta. I guess if Landa doesn't sign a new contract with Astana by then he'll be a slave again.

Would be interesting to see what they do in a race in Spain. Still the weaker Italian as captain?

TRENDING THREADS