• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

staubsauger said:
Jolene said:
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
Scarponi said:
Yet to hit the mythical form that's spammed in every thread yawn

All it takes is a few encouraging words form Taxus and I'm back on board that hype train every single time.

Where is Taxus? :confused:
He was temporarily banned for not using spellcheck which led to massive mispronounciation over the time. Sadly enough, I haven't read him since. :(

Seriously ? English isn't his first language, give the guy a break.

It looks like you guys think you would have won if u were in place of Landa. Pathetic!!! He just didn't have enough energy to fight for the win, that's all, get over it. Don't forget he also crashed really hard on stage 9 and is probably not at his 100%, like he stated a few days ago. But, he still proves that he's one of the best climbers in the world( in the top 3 in my opinion). I still believe he can grab a stage win if he stays with the peloton.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

lenric said:
del1962 said:
I think he is the best climber at the Giro, at know point did the break have much of a lead over the peloton, without that crash he would probably be 2nd on GC

A bit of a stretch, considering his poor ITT. But he would be, at least, 4th.
A poor ITT with a badly swollen leg after a crash, you have to keep that in mind.

Re:

del1962 said:
I think he is the best climber at the Giro, at know point did the break have much of a lead over the peloton, without that crash he would probably be 2nd on GC

There isn't really much evidence to support either of those claims. Thus far he reminds me more of a young Igor Anton than any other rider - a great climber on his day but a very unreliable one and a godawful TTist. Hopefully he won't have the same career trajectory as Igor.

He also appears to have all the tactical sense of a squirrel, although today wasn't primarily down to that. On this occasion it was more about TJ being stronger.

Mayomaniac said:
lenric said:
del1962 said:

A bit of a stretch, considering his poor ITT. But he would be, at least, 4th.
A poor ITT with a badly swollen leg after a crash, you have to keep that in mind.

You're right, but I wasn't addressing his poor ITT performance in this Giro. His poor ITTs skills was my point. Should have been more clear, because my post was kind of ambiguous.

lenric said:
You're right, but I wasn't addressing his poor ITT performance in this Giro. His poor ITTs skills was my point. Should have been more clear, because my post was kind of ambiguous.
We don't really know what a GT-leader Landa can do in a TT at the moment. Last year in the Giro, he was actually pretty good in the stage 9 TT.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
He would have been Maglia Rosa now with his current climbing shape. Amazing Mikel! Aupa!

Maybe tomorrow just follow the big guns and try to animate the race from there on!

TRENDING THREADS