• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Difference with Kloden is that in his later years he didn't care about cycling/results at all. He could be 10 mins in the lead and if you paid him to ride for a team mate he would.

Also Kwiatkowski hasn't been wasted at all? If anything he's the definition of correct usage of a domestique in this race.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re:

deValtos said:
Difference with Kloden is that in his later years he didn't care about cycling/results at all. He could be 10 mins in the lead and if you paid him to ride for a team mate he would.

Also Kwiatkowski hasn't been wasted at all? If anything he's the definition of correct usage of a domestique in this race.

Wasted as in personal glory, which I don't think so. What could he do, Top 10? Who cares about that. Sure he might have won a stage surely somwhere, but still I'll take living in Monaco for life than winning a stage at some poor team and going back to Poland :lol:

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea dropping 200 metres and barely spending any energy as Froome was closing.. MUH DRAMA

He stayed in peleton until Froome was actually behind visible and clearly going back..

When I see Landa ride, you get the feeling that it is so easy to him. Like watching Valverde, closing down attacks in the finale and toying with the likes of Dan Martin with seemingly easiness, or Contador at his best, dancing gracefully up a steep mountainside. Thats talent, ladies and gents!

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Blanco said:
Durden93 said:
I really hope that Landa's performance here doesn't lead him to target the Tour soon. He could win the Giro/Vuelta, but probably not the Tour.

This Tour he can!

Not buying it. 1 minute behind with a TT to come. You could say he'd have won this tour if he was allowed to work for himself, but the reality is he lost significant time in the opening TT too.

rick james said:
portugal11 said:
So sky wants to win the tour with froome. Get out of that team landani!
one is a 3 timer winner of the tour and has multiple podiums at the Vuelta and the other is Landa, get over it
Sky went into the Giro with co-leaders and one had a GT podium while the other placed 15th one time. Or one could say that Porte shouldn't have had leadership of a team because his track record sucks when you look at his palmares.

Another good ride for him! He did exactly what he should have today: stay in the lead group. The little drop back he did was a good move to give CF that last little bit to join, and a nice gesture that he is still a team guy.

As far as transfers go, I'm not convinced that he will leave SKY, but if he does, he should go to a team without a real GT GC threat.

Re:

jmdirt said:
Another good ride for him! He did exactly what he should have today: stay in the lead group. The little drop back he did was a good move to give CF that last little bit to join, and a nice gesture that he is still a team guy.

As far as transfers go, I'm not convinced that he will leave SKY, but if he does, he should go to a team without a real GT GC threat.
:surprised: :surprised:
Why do you think that?
All that Movistar talk?

silvergrenade said:
jmdirt said:

:surprised: :surprised:
Why do you think that?
All that Movistar talk?
All that 'Movistar talk' is on this and other forums, or suggested as "if..." in sports rags. Movistar would be no better for him than SKY (maybe not as good actually).

Durden93 said:
Blanco said:
Durden93 said:
I really hope that Landa's performance here doesn't lead him to target the Tour soon. He could win the Giro/Vuelta, but probably not the Tour.

This Tour he can!

Not buying it. 1 minute behind with a TT to come. You could say he'd have won this tour if he was allowed to work for himself, but the reality is he lost significant time in the opening TT too.

Since he has been at Sky, Landa's TT'ing has been fantastic.
Just last month he came second in the Spanish TT championships.
Pretty sure only Froome is better than him of the contenders remaining in the race.

TRENDING THREADS