• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Milano-Torino 2021 (October 6th)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bernocchi wasn't that exciting to be honest. We had no images and the peloton surrendered almost immediately. And although cycling purists love to see long range attacks succeed, there was no fight for the win at all. We all knew who was going to win, and how was he going to do it. The only excitment in the final 30km was if the gap would be 2min or 3min.

Tomorrow the last 30min should be a lot more exciting.

Bernocchi wasn't that exciting to be honest. We had no images and the peloton surrendered almost immediately. And although cycling purists love to see long range attacks succeed, there was no fight for the win at all. We all knew who was going to win, and how was he going to do it. The only excitment in the final 30km was if the gap would be 2min or 3min.

Tomorrow the last 30min should be a lot more exciting.
Yes, a much stronger field tomorrow. And Alaphillipe can be just as crazy as Remco so we'll see :D

Reactions: Sandisfan
How is this a great route? It's going to be snoozefest for the first 160km.

It's perfect regarding the field. And as we have seen in the past couple of days basically all of the races were won in a likeable fashion. Cyclist are approaching them in more relaxed fashion. As the main goal is still Il Lombardia. As he had a flat today i feel that Pogačar would likely still want to take a win before Il Lombardia.

Obviously this race will turn in the battle of prestige. Nobody will be thinking about Il Lombardia tomorrow. Beating the Slovenians, internal battle in between the Slovenians, beating the world champion or the rest of the strong field ... or all of them in one go.

And AFAIK TV broadcast won't be available for the first 160km anyway.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Forget my last post, it's pouring down atm. This is probably the wettest week of the year around here. Must be a sign telling me I shouldn't get married on Saturday and watch Lombardia instead.

Watching the race live and then the rebroadcast of your marriage makes sense.
Anyway, the best thing to do is to share the thoughts with your fiancee, maybe she'll find a solution.

Last edited:
Forget my last post, it's pouring down atm. This is probably the wettest week of the year around here. Must be a sign telling me I shouldn't get married on Saturday and watch Lombardia instead.

I can just about see some blue sky and the rain has stopped now in Milan so I think it might all turn out alright, I wouldn't go returning your tux to the shop just yet :innocent:

Now I ain't getting married or anything, but I have to go to the nurse just just before the race, because my stitches that was supposed to disintegrate by themselves didn't do so and I am punished for liking the wrong Belgian team as my hair can't stick to my head and I really hope I get back on time to fiest on some scrawny men in tights suffering as they cannot reach Toronto!

It's a big week for you and Nibali. Getting married can be a bit nerve-wracking. But don't worry, I've done it several times and it always worked out.

TRENDING THREADS