• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
If there is a post that you feel requires moderator attention anywhere in the forum, its easier to just hit the 'report to moderator' button on the post itself. (its the one that looks like a roadsign)

I see it is not locked right now, so I assume you did your "pruning".

But, I don't see any posts that were editted by you in the last 5 pages or so. Did you delete any posts?

Can you please enlighten us on what it was that upset Elagubus so much? I thought the thread was moving along pretty well, but as you know my thoughts about modding and what is offensive do not line up with many in here. I am just trying to learn so I don't post the same type of aggressive language that upset elagubus.

Thanks.

ChrisE said:
I see it is not locked right now, so I assume you did your "pruning".

But, I don't see any posts that were editted by you in the last 5 pages or so. Did you delete any posts?

Can you please enlighten us on what it was that upset Elagubus so much? I thought the thread was moving along pretty well, but as you know my thoughts about modding and what is offensive do not line up with many in here. I am just trying to learn so I don't post the same type of aggressive language that upset elagubus.

Thanks.

I was gonna ask the exact same thing.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
You must ask Elagubus that, since he/she didn't didn't tell us that in his/her posting here.

Susan

Huh? Martin posted in the thread that he was closing it to "prune" it, so he must have agreed with egalabus that there was something traumatizing in there.

Now you say we have to figure all of this out from egalabus? Why the game?

Also, I will note that the last time egalabus posted in that thread was 3 days ago, shortly after Francois told some posters to chill out in that thread.

Just like Hugh, I am just curious what is going on. Apparently egalaabus is effected by drive by trauma in threads that he is not even recently participating in. This is something different, and a new landmine that us perenially banned posters must tip-toe thru.

If I am hearing this correctly the mods are looking for any unpleasant stuff in the obl thread

Well, now that you mention it I feel that maybe ive sinned in one post and i would like to ask the mods to look at it and see if there is anything wrong with anything thats in there. I could of course delete it but i feel the need to be cleansed hence would be grateful if the mods would take a look at it.

I am talking about the post on page 47. ( this one)

Like i said i feel i may have done wrong and I would be put at ease if the mods would take a look and tell me if i have done something wrong.

Oh and please do click on the quotes to see if I am being unfair to the well mannered posters who i am quoting. If perhaps i havent done them justice and have overeacted with my very mean remarks. It is essential (if the mods have some time) for those quotes to be looked at in order for this to be weighted and a conclusion reached.

I would especially like to know if the content of my post (once again, this one) breaks any of the following rules.

• No insulting other members. This includes counter-insults ("he started it").

• No caustic insults or humiliation of individuals in public outside of this forum

• Blatant lying, baiting, or teasing other members will not be tolerated.

• No discriminatory remarks of any kind.

Or perhaps this piece of advice
Be respectful: Different perspectives are what make a discussion interesting. It is ok to challenge what is said but writing abusive or insulting comments about others is not.

Thank you.

On a completely unrelated topic I would like to know if calling other people drunks and alcocholics and claiming that I know that they are alcocholics, even if I dont actually know who they are, and repeatidly calling them it in order to make them feel bad because they dont agree with me, is ok.;)

Once again, thanks for your time mods.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
On a completely unrelated topic I would like to know if calling other people drunks and alcocholics and claiming that I know that they are alcocholics, even if I dont actually know who they are, and repeatidly calling them it in order to make them feel bad because they dont agree with me, is ok.;)

Once again, thanks for your time mods.

nawwwwwww... ................................no reason for that..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
rather than debate what the reasons might have been - why not just send me a pm?

What was pruned from the thread was a large series of consecutive posts discussing US domestic politics and essentially just throwing insults at each other along the lines of 'you like Michael moore" or 'bill O reilly' or whatever.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
On a completely unrelated topic I would like to know if calling other people drunks and alcocholics and claiming that I know that they are alcocholics, even if I dont actually know who they are, and repeatidly calling them it in order to make them feel bad because they dont agree with me, is ok.

No, its not okay and it will be dealt with if the posts are reported. (or if a Moderator sees them directly)

Martin318is said:
No, its not okay and it will be dealt with if the posts are reported. (or if a Moderator sees them directly)

OTOH if you have cute odes to Beer in your signature line or you let slip that you are sitting in a bar three sheets to the wind while you are posting or you are clearly drunk-posting, is that sort of response really out of line?
And hey, a meth head is a meth head is a meth head!

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
OTOH if you have cute odes to Beer in your signature line or you let slip that you are sitting in a bar three sheets to the wind while you are posting or you are clearly drunk-posting, is that sort of response really out of line?

Please.

That's like saying if I'm a girl and wear a mini skirt then somehow I deserve what's gonna happen to me...

I love great beer (and disagree with popular political opinion) so I'm an alcholic? Alrighty then.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Please.

That's like saying if I'm a girl and wear a mini skirt then somehow I deserve what's gonna happen to me...

I love great beer (and disagree with popular political opinion) so I'm an alcholic? Alrighty then.

but you do agree with popular political opinion..You regurgitate everything child sex vacationer Rush Limbaugh says. That is the benchmark for political popularity isn't it? Surely there is a root cause for such malfunction.. like being an alcholic? Isn't it a lie to say you disagree with popular political opinion when the majority you are around are of the same opinion?
Seems rather pathological to me.. Common in alcholics "I'm not an alcoholic I just like to drink a lot"

redtreviso said:
but you do agree with popular political opinion..You regurgitate everything child sex vacationer Rush Limbaugh says. That is the benchmark for political popularity isn't it? Surely there is a root cause for such malfunction.. like being an alcholic? Isn't it a lie to say you disagree with popular political opinion when the majority you are around are of the same opinion?
Seems rather pathological to me.. Common in alcholics "I'm not an alcoholic I just like to drink a lot"

OK so far we have alcocholics and alcholics, how do you spell it? I think it is alcochocoholican. But I could be wrong.
And Scott, it is more like saying if you are an 18 year old girl who has had more than 10 sexual partners and you catch an STD, then your actions might just have had something to do with that outcome.
Red, you still haven't addressed the veracity of the rumor that you are a meth head.:cool:

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
OK so far we have alcocholics and alcholics, how do you spell it? I think it is alcochocoholican. But I could be wrong.
And Scott, it is more like saying if you are an 18 year old girl who has had more than 10 sexual partners and you catch an STD, then your actions might just have had something to do with that outcome.
Red, you still haven't addressed the veracity of the rumor that you are a meth head.:cool:

No sorry... no meth. I take an aspirin everyday. Speaking of methheads..I've known some..They seem to quit when they can no longer balance their checkbooks..But alcoholics OTOH stick with it proudly until their eyes turn yellow,,, then they find Jesus....LOL

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Statement from moderators - repeated attacking of other forum members with accusations of drug or alcohol addiction or impairment will not be tolerated.

Redtreviso is taking a 24hour holiday as a result of ignoring warnings in this thread

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:

hey, we all refrain from calling you a californian, and it's right there in your posts. i think everyone should show that same degree of restraint. :D

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
ACF - when you report a post each mod gets notified via email. Our own email accounts unfortunately, not one associated to this site. The email contains the comments the member put on the report, and a link to the post in question. If you are asking, why don't I hear back from the mods - well that is another thing. If another mod has not already dealt with the post, I tend to take one of three approaches. Do nothing, leave the post as is and reply to the reporting member with rationale, or make an alteration/addition to the post or thread. I suppose a fourth option is to take it up with other mods, which I do from time to time to obtain a wider perspective. I would prefer to reply to the reporting members more often to explain my (in)action as everyone seems to appreciate the replies, but it's a pain to search for the member and write the PM when you look at several of these things in succession. And I'm not replying directly from my email and exposing it to the BPCs of the world.

I will be brutally honest here, there are times when I read a report and think "Oh for goodness sakes" and ignore it. There are other times when I think the person who took the time to report it did the forum a true service. In a perfect world, everyone would get a reply.

As for the moderating process, I'm not sure what you are asking. It is based upon common sense, seat-of-the-pants judgement, direction from the CN team, and consensus among the mod team. So another mod may handle a reported post differently or be more diligent than I in terms of replying.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
If the emails go out to all the mods, and you choose not to (or can't) respond to it, how do you know another mod did?
I don't if they only sent a PM. Sometimes there is a post left in the mod area about a report to let the rest of us know that it's been dealt with. Of course if another mod has taken action, the action is visible to us.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Many victims (bans) in those "exciting" days. lol

Good that I had not much time, something like taste, and mostly just watched the mess in the clinic.
In these days you can see what some people are really on. No limits when it comes to disgusting obsession. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS