• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobblestoned said:
Many victims (bans) in those "exciting" days. lol

Good that I had not much time, something like taste, and mostly just watched the mess in the clinic.
In these days you can see what some people are really on. No limits when it comes to disgusting obsession. :cool:

Yes you are right, the obsession with attempting to discredit any and all who dare speak up against HWSNBN is really disgusting.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Who's online?

I was wondering if there is a simple and quick way to find out which mods are online at any given time?

If something's going a bit haywire it sometimes helps to know who's available to receive a PM.
Sometimes I just scroll through the forums to see who's "light is on," but you have to come across one of their posts first, obviously.

Am I missing a simple solution to this?

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
I was wondering if there is a simple and quick way to find out which mods are online at any given time?

If something's going a bit haywire it sometimes helps to know who's available to receive a PM.
Sometimes I just scroll through the forums to see who's "light is on," but you have to come across one of their posts first, obviously.

Am I missing a simple solution to this?

I saw one time that if you are on the main forums page, you can scroll to the bottom and click "View Forum Leaders"; it's below the last subforum listed.

I believe it shows all the Mods and if their "light is on".

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
Get outta here with that. He's gone, let him stay gone.

Why don't you lobby for something constructive instead?

No, I think I will rename myself as some doper and put his picture in my avatar, then troll around the clinic railing against dopers.

Mods - how do I go about changing my username? I am thinking of changing it to Ricco. Thanks.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I lobby for flicker's return. People have gotten second chances for having sockpuppets before, or so I have heard.

I think Barrus should get a 2 week ban for banning Flicker PERMANENTLY lol.

Give me a break. Permanent Ban on Flicker for having a sockpuppet?
Race Radio has a sockpuppet (EvaMarie or something) that is still active.

Ban Eva Marie and bring back Flicker!
C'mon, the fanboys are already way outnumbered.
Bring Flicker Back. Bring Flicker Back.

Banning Flicker is like kicking a puppy.
"But the puppy went peepee on the carpet. NOT ALLOWED"
Oh please, give me a break....

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Actually Polish, Eva Maria hasn't logged in for a very long time, there is no record of its last login.

"Eva Maria" is still an active account/sockpuppet though.
Big Hater lol. "The Hog" has had sockpuppets too.
"Eva Maria" and "The Hog". Cocksuppets lol.

I do not think Race Radio created that account while being banned.
But I could be wrong.

I know the rules say "no sockpuppets when you are banned".
But are we allowed to have multiple accounts while not being banned?

I ask because I am thinking of creating a second account - "MyFriendFlicker".
Would that be OK?

Polish said:
"Eva Maria" is still an active account/sockpuppet though.
Big Hater lol. "The Hog" has had sockpuppets too.
"Eva Maria" and "The Hog". Cocksuppets lol.

I do not think Race Radio created that account while being banned.
But I could be wrong.

I know the rules say "no sockpuppets when you are banned".
But are we allowed to have multiple accounts while not being banned?

I ask because I am thinking of creating a second account - "MyFriendFlicker".
Would that be OK?

If "Eva Maria" was logged in to.
The reported owner of "Eva Maria".
One "Race Radio", would have to choose between the two.
Creation of multiple accounts, may induce punishment.
Or simply a demand by the moderators for one to be forfeited.

If "Race Radio" were to be banned.
And "Eva Maria" were to log in.
This would be considered a serious offence, lol.

As "Eva Maria" is unused, I'm sure the said "owner", "Race Radio" would not object to its deletion.
However, this does require an administrative action.
I think the risk of sockpuppetry with "Eva Maria" is rather low.
It would be stupid for the owner of "Eva Maria" to log into it whilst banned, when we know who they are, lol.
In that case, the joke would be on them, and they would suffer a similar fate to that of "flicker", rofl.

I do not advise that anyone creates more than one account, whether they are banned or not.
That would be drawing unnecessary attention to oneself lol.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
Cocksuppets lol.

Yeah, can we create them when we are not banned?

I remember when "Eva Maria" and "The Hog" used to post back and forth, back and forth.
Playful posts, almost flirty.

I also remember thinking "get a room please" lol.

When I found out "Eva Maria" was Race Radio - I thought "OMG...interesting".
Not that there is anything wrong with that, just interesting.

Anyway, Race Radio probably keeps "Eva Maria" as an active account for the purposes of "private messages" wink wink. Weiner pics lol.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
If "Eva Maria" was logged in to.
The reported owner of "Eva Maria".
One "Race Radio", would have to choose between the two.
Creation of multiple accounts, may induce punishment.
Or simply a demand by the moderators for one to be forfeited.

If "Race Radio" were to be banned.
And "Eva Maria" were to log in.
This would be considered a serious offence, lol.

As "Eva Maria" is unused, I'm sure the said "owner", "Race Radio" would not object to its deletion.
However, this does require an administrative action.
I think the risk of sockpuppetry with "Eva Maria" is rather low.
It would be stupid for the owner of "Eva Maria" to log into it whilst banned, when we know who they are, lol.
In that case, the joke would be on them, and they would suffer a similar fate to that of "flicker", rofl.

I do not advise that anyone creates more than one account, whether they are banned or not.
That would be drawing unnecessary attention to oneself lol.

Lets be honest here Ferminal.
Race Radio is not the only user with active multiple accounts.
There are many others. Many many others.
The Hog has multiple accounts too.

The Hog has even used them while under banishment.
It was obvous - he was even called out on it.
I figured the mods were "looking the other way" because it was The Hog.
It seemed fair. C'mon - its The Hog lol.

But with Flicker it was different.
Entrapment!
Barrus lying in wait.
Staying up late at night checking checking.
"A ha - DOATEC I Mean CETOAD oops I mean Flicker has fallen for my trap"
"Taken the Mod Troll Bait yum yum"
"Kick that puppy kick kick. YOU BROKE THE RULES GRRRR"

LOL.
Come on.
Ban Eva Maria.
Bring back Flicker.
Bring back DAOTEC.
What the heck is a daotec anyway?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Maybe there needs to be an Appeal Process for PERMANENT Bans?
A "CAS" that can evaluate the rulings of a single mod in the case of a Permanent Ban?

For example Flicker.

When he was banned PERMANENTLY, he had only .00005% "District 9" letters in his total posting letters.

Did not affect his performance. No way.

And he should have been banned for only a day or two originally anyway.
Not 2 whole weeks fcol. Entrapment. WeakTit.
So he called Betsy fat. BFD. She's been called worse.

Is there any paperwork that is required for an appeal?
Collect some signatures?

ChrisE said:
No, I think I will rename myself as some doper and put his picture in my avatar, then troll around the clinic railing against dopers.

Mods - how do I go about changing my username? I am thinking of changing it to Ricco. Thanks.

First of all, I don't rail against dopers-just Armstrong.

Second of all, don't get mad at me just because your girlfriend got kicked out of here.

Someone who gets banned for two weeks and then opens another account because they can't stay off this forum is nothing but a pathetic loser.

I would love to know what your families must think of how some of you waste your time.

Polish said:
I remember when "Eva Maria" and "The Hog" used to post back and forth, back and forth.
Playful posts, almost flirty.

I also remember thinking "get a room please" lol.

When I found out "Eva Maria" was Race Radio - I thought "OMG...interesting".
Not that there is anything wrong with that, just interesting.

Anyway, Race Radio probably keeps "Eva Maria" as an active account for the purposes of "private messages" wink wink. Weiner pics lol.

11-11-09, 09:27
Eva Maria
Senior Member Join Date: May 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad day in Court for Trek today. Look for this to be settled soon.

More to come..........

That there is the last post from Eva Maria. You guys are barking up the wrong tree. Not that I am sure there is a right tree here, I think you guys are pretty f**k*d.
No more Flicker boo lol grrr lol waaaaaaaaaa

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Since I was the person that banned Flicker and District 9, I think I will respond here. After some checking it was abundantly clear that District 9 and Flicker were the same person. The account District 9 was created during one of the bans of Flicker and was subsequently used during other bans as well. This is clearly against the rules and has resulted into permanent bans for other members as well. Sockpuppetry in general is frowned upon and the current stance is that if someone uses a sockpuppet to circumvent a ban this ensures that that person is permanently banned. Although this might not have always been the case, this has been the case for some time now. Sockpuppets in other situations can also result into bans of both long and short nature, depending on the situation, or it might just result into a choice for the member which account he wishes to retain, with the other account being banned or deleted.

But with Flicker it was different.
Entrapment!
Barrus lying in wait.
Staying up late at night checking checking.
"A ha - DOATEC I Mean CETOAD oops I mean Flicker has fallen for my trap"
"Taken the Mod Troll Bait yum yum"
"Kick that puppy kick kick. YOU BROKE THE RULES GRRRR"

It was not late at night, it was somewhere early in the evening or perhaps even late in the afternoon :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
okay, clearly its time for the weekly reminder to stay on topic or get out of this thread.

This topic is NOT for:

1) Discussing a member's posting style,
2) debating opinions on cycling topics,
3) launching questionable jokes on.

It is for discussion of the moderation on this site.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
troll babble

The fact is when I changed my username I posted this 2 years ago.

Eva Maria is no longer

Since then I have posted with that username once when I used an old computer by accident. When I noticed this I sent a message to the mods to explain the mistake.

But of course you know all of this but figured it was a good opportunity to troll. Mission accomplished, now back to living under the bridge

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Just to confirm that the circumstances surrounding Eva Maria had nothing to do with a suckpuppet account to get around a suspension and has been dormant ever since, with the honest mistake, as described by RR, as the only exception.

If the mods had stayed on top of their housekeeping, and closed the Eva account, that would never had happened either. I have just done so.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Francois the Postman said:
Just to confirm that the circumstances surrounding Eva Maria had nothing to do with a suckpuppet account to get around a suspension and has been dormant ever since, with the honest mistake, as described by RR, as the only exception.

If the mods had stayed on top of their housekeeping, and closed the Eva account, that would never had happened either. I have just done so.

At the risk of Martin's wrath, I just have to say that suckpuppet should now be the official term for it....
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS