• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
krebs303 said:
NedBraden has been banned for trolling, baiting and being a previously suspended user.

Susan

IS THAT to say that he was someone else and it was found? His 30 posts were not bad and I had no idea that he was baiting trolling etc. I thought he was doing ok with the clinic group against him. Oh well.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
ChrisE said:
Huh, what? Krebs posts something and Susan signs off. I say ban Susan and Krebs for being the same poster.

Define trolling, baiting? This guy got the wrath of the clinic street urchines and he gets banned. If it was for another username then sobeit. What was it?

I couldn't quote direct from the thread because it's closed and I was too lazy to do it properly.

you could just look in the Member Suspension thread yourself:rolleyes:

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
krebs303 said:
I couldn't quote direct from the thread because it's closed and I was too lazy to do it properly.

you could just look in the Member Suspension thread yourself:rolleyes:

No worries Krabbs... He is just bent because he liked that guy. LOL....

But seriously I had no idea was a someone who has been bounced. There is only like 4 or 5 people who will set up / prop up LA so I would guess it is very easy for the moderators to find a former member etc.

ChrisE said:
Huh, what? Krebs posts something and Susan signs off. I say ban Susan and Krebs for being the same poster.
urchinesDefine trolling, baiting? This guy got the wrath of the clinic steet urchines and he gets banned. If it was for another username then sobeit. What was it?

I'll point this out before Patricknd gets the chance to, the word is urchins whether street or sea. Thanks.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I'll point this out before Patricknd gets the chance to, the word is urchins whether street or sea. Thanks.

i've sworn off all anti-social behavior, so no more corrections from me. i've decided to become a kinder, gentler member of this forum, one of a thousand points of light.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
patricknd said:
i've sworn off all anti-social behavior, so no more corrections from me. i've decided to become a kinder, gentler member of this forum, one of a thousand points of light.

I heard there were a bunch of Moonies in Houston.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
Buckwheat? :rolleyes:

As far as I remember he had gone more than full *** on Vaughters and Susan. So no chance for the clubmods to sort it out behind the szene, because that would have been more than ridiculous, while you have sorted out as much as possible to support your club, and hand out some ridiculous alibi-bans to your mates.
Glad you found a name. One name going full full ***.
Doesn't change anything to the common practise, so better safe your energy for deep investigating nonehaters and banning them for whatever reason, dear dark modcrew lord.
btw, nice stage yesterday. *** edited by mod ***.
You are a real sportsman. But who cares.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Mods dont have a sense of humor. Come on that Wiggins vs Gilbert syllable thread was some good stuff? Cant it be reinstated?

images

Francois the Postman said:

There was a thread called "Tony Marftin vs Robert Gesink". It was a joke thread like the Wonderlance "look at my huge poll thread" which the mods went so far as to expand.

Once you entered this "Tony Marftin vs Robert Gesink" thread there was a poll that said "which name has more syllables in it" "Bradley Wiggins" or "Phillipe Gilbert".

The comments were all either jokes about the syllables poll or congratulatory remarks to the Op for a good thread.

But someone presumably did not read past the title, and the thread was destroyed with its posts along with those from other threads moved to the "Tony Martin bandwagon thread" destroying this one and merely making that one even more difficult to read.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I can't find any trace of that thread but I do see that Tony Martin threads were merged a couple of days back.

It looks like it was included by error, rather than a lack of funny bones. Sorry for the mishap. I guess we will have to accept it happened, lick our wounds and move on :eek:

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
There was a thread called "Tony Marftin vs Robert Gesink". It was a joke thread like the Wonderlance "look at my huge poll thread" which the mods went so far as to expand.

Once you entered this "Tony Marftin vs Robert Gesink" thread there was a poll that said "which name has more syllables in it" "Bradley Wiggins" or "Phillipe Gilbert".

The comments were all either jokes about the syllables poll or congratulatory remarks to the Op for a good thread.

But someone presumably did not read past the title, and the thread was destroyed with its posts along with those from other threads moved to the "Tony Martin bandwagon thread" destroying this one and merely making that one even more difficult to read.

I need to say that I was the one who merged the threads after several indications that a lot of people were getting annoyed with the amount of threads concerning Tony Martin and the Tour. I saw that there were 5 threads about him on the front page, yet did not really read all the threads since it all appeared to be about practically the same subject. If I had seen that it was a joke I would not have merged that thread along with the other threads

JRTinMA said:
Why did you ban cobblestoned? He's the best poster on this forum.

Funny. I was going to ask the opposite.

Just prior to being banned, he was running 50% at having all contents of his posts deleted. What was the point in bothering to let him continue? Why have a poster allowed to post when they clearly cannot figure out how to avoid abusing the privilege?

How could he possibly qualify as best poster, when the trash he was posting had to be constantly removed? Typically characterized as "off-topic", "off-topic", "insulting", etc.

Dave.

A

Anonymous

This place is ridiculous. I get banned for apologizing to someone by Susan, and now, I write a reasonable response to a discussion that has been going on for hours, and Susan deletes part of it that is relevant. Stupid moderation seems to be the rule of law here now. I quit posting for awhile because I was informed by more than one moderator that there were other moderators who were out to ban me permanently. It is no secret who those people are, and Susan leads the procession. Fine, all manner of stupidity has been happening in The Clinic for the past month, and I just let it ride. No reason to wade into it. I decide that the posts regarding Frankie that equivocated him to Lance were worth posting about (Lance is the topic of the thread, and my post was germane to the discussion at hand), and did so in a fair manner, and part of the post gets deleted. I get the feeling Susan has a vendetta and relished her ability to show how powerful she is. It is weak and absurd. Not to mention that she didn't have the spine to write me a PM about her last ban, and had another mod to it...it was pretty obvious the reason being that her actions were indefensible.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
This place is ridiculous. I get banned for apologizing to someone by Susan, and now, I write a reasonable response to a discussion that has been going on for hours, and Susan deletes part of it that is relevant. Stupid moderation seems to be the rule of law here now. I quit posting for awhile because I was informed by more than one moderator that there were other moderators who were out to ban me permanently. It is no secret who those people are, and Susan leads the procession. Fine, all manner of stupidity has been happening in The Clinic for the past month, and I just let it ride. No reason to wade into it. I decide that the posts regarding Frankie that equivocated him to Lance were worth posting about (Lance is the topic of the thread, and my post was germane to the discussion at hand), and did so in a fair manner, and part of the post gets deleted. I get the feeling Susan has a vendetta and relished her ability to show how powerful she is. It is weak and absurd. Not to mention that she didn't have the spine to write me a PM about her last ban, and had another mod to it...it was pretty obvious the reason being that her actions were indefensible.

I do not know bro.... I got the inclination that Susan does a good job and is up against it when it comes to folks like you, ChrisE, BlackCATs, BroDeal, and maybe even Little me. She does an admirable and thankless job just like all the moderators and admin here. It's a lazy day when you guys have to deal with a random BPC and Cobbller.

Just sit back and chillaxxx let it come to you man. You know the drill.

In a few months time with indictments and such etc etc TDF it will be a freaking commie carnival nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.