• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 90 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
ggusta said:
Well, guess I am here to say goodbye. Looks like I have teased the mods 1 too many times and now they are looking for a reason to ban me.

Came home to find a rather odd question from Martin implying I am responsible for multiple accounts. So in all likelihood, my account and this post will be gone quite soon.

But they ARE NOT ban crazy. Let's make that perfectly clear. But sometimes.....

see ya guys, it was fun.

perhaps martin is trying to blame his multiple accounts on you.

remember skandar!!! remember ggusta!!!

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Just a word of advice, and I'd give this to anyone, you would be best served to concern yourself with your own issues, not another member who has violated the rules, and certainly not an administrator.

it's humor, google it ;)

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Actually, I'm changing my mind. Considering most of your complaints are about that thread, I left the post in question, and made a post in the thread asking others to be culturally sensitive if possible.

If you cannot handle the humor beyond there, I suggest you avoid the thread, or Clinic all together, especially considering the subject matter in general (doping, cheating and speculation as such in the sport).

It is me that cannot handle the humor? :confused:

I got a warning and a deleted post for joking with Polish about somebody else ****ing in LA's 99 sample bottles. Are you kidding me? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

The posts I reported yesterday are the first time I believe I have ever reported a post. As you well know, I am all for an unmoderated forum. I took several showers after I reported those posts because it made me feel pretty dirty.

I know I get reported posts all the times due to whiny parasites stalking me around the forum. So, I just return the favor now. If my comments in the report threw you into thinking I have no sense of humor, I will just note that these posts offend others in future reports. Thanks.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
The forum has already established that the mods have no sense of humour.

google it.

Susan

It doesn't have to be a chronic condition. When Glenn returns from vacation I'm sure he'll be happy to help you all.:D

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Just a word of advice, and I'd give this to anyone, you would be best served to concern yourself with your own issues, not another member who has violated the rules, and certainly not an administrator.

Amsterhammer said:
There must be something in the water in Houston......:rolleyes:

he's giving you fair warning............:p

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Havetts said:
Ouchh.. 1-hit-ko :p

It's a stacked deck. My response was of course deleted. Mods here are like children, it's their ball and they take it home when they don't like the game. But I still like ****in in their Wheaties, so I soldier on. :D

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
Everyone: There is room in this forum for ALL viewpoints. Address the message and not the user.

Please remember this and act accordingly.

Susan

You know, your response is maddening. That type of post has been posted HUNDREDS of times not quite word for word, but there is NOTHING distinguishing it from the hundreds of others, and the moderators here once again act like there is nothing to see here. You guys cannot be that clueless. You can't. He just happens to find his way to The Clinic, and then posts in the "I am not an Armstrong fan, but you guys, blah, blah, blah" and you open with the "everyone deserves a voice" thing?

Diplomacy has its place, but if you think that was the place, you're kidding yourself.

Thoughtforfood said:
You know, your response is maddening. That type of post has been posted HUNDREDS of times not quite word for word, but there is NOTHING distinguishing it from the hundreds of others, and the moderators here once again act like there is nothing to see here. You guys cannot be that clueless. You can't. He just happens to find his way to The Clinic, and then posts in the "I am not an Armstrong fan, but you guys, blah, blah, blah" and you open with the "everyone deserves a voice" thing?

Diplomacy has its place, but if you think that was the place, you're kidding yourself.

You are entirely wrong. ALL viewpoints are allowed here.

What makes you think you write something new and different every time? Who even said the messages have to be new and different every time?

This is NOT an anti-Armstrong forum. ALL viewpoints are allowed.

If you disagree with the view, either address it politely or ignore it.

Susan

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
You are entirely wrong. ALL viewpoints are allowed here.

What makes you think you write something new and different every time? Who even said the messages have to be new and different every time?

This is NOT an anti-Armstrong forum. ALL viewpoints are allowed.

If you disagree with the view, either address it politely or ignore it.

Susan

It isn't about not wanting pro-Armstrong posters. (you'll find that I get along with pro-Armstrong posters better than just about anyone on my side of the issue. So save me the righteous indignation) It is the fact that poster will post a few times and not again, and you seriously think it is because he or she is scared off? As I said, there are hundreds of posts and posters like that, and it isn't hard to pick up on them to anyone but the moderators apparently. Is there a way to count the number of people who have come to the clinic, posted a post very similar to that, and maybe 5-10 other posts never to be heard from again? It HAS to be in the hundreds at this point.

But yea, that one is different because he says he is. He bought me roses and wine and told me I was special. This one is going to stick around, I just know it...:rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
And no one on the other side trolls or disrupts?

Sorry, that is not how it works. Put up with it. Ignore postings you disagree with. Learn to live with a forum that allows all sides to be presented.

This is not negotiable.

Susan

I dont see it like that.

The disruption starts from those who are pro Armstrong, but maybe CN cannot see that as Armstrong was seen as cycling's golden goose and even the waft he left behind is still being clung to in the hope that some fragments will fall into the coffers.

Benotti69 said:
I dont see it like that.

The disruption starts from those who are pro Armstrong, but maybe CN cannot see that as Armstrong was seen as cycling's golden goose and even the waft he left behind is still being clung to in the hope that some fragments will fall into the coffers.

Please do not attribute everything to CN policy. You do not know what it is.

This is my personal policy and it has to do with freedom of speech and freedom to exercise that right.

Susan

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Please do not attribute everything to CN policy. You do not know what it is.

This is my personal policy and it has to do with freedom of speech and freedom to exercise that right.

Susan

So those who constantly post absolute obfuscation in the 2 biggest threads are allowed to do so in the name of freedom of speech?

It has nothing to do with ignoring these people/posters as they would continue unabated as they are pursuing a policy that emanates from the source of their fanaticism and is quite possible some are paid lackeys to constantly post here, on twitter, in comments sections on online publications and other related sites that mention The Great Yellow Liv$trongologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS