• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Montepaschi Strade Bianche, Saturday

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thomas himself made a point of registering himself as "Lövkvist" even though that isn't his name.
Now for some reason he decided to make a public point of using the correct spelling.

A bit like Garmin's Chris a few years ago finally got fed up with being called everything from Vandevelde to Van de Velde and gave an interview essentially just to say "It's Vande Velde".

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Yes Dim, we'll let you believe that was all your doing!:D
!

Where did i say that. I was replying to two seperate questions.. Stop being obtuse :p

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
I was having a joke... i was saying that you probably sent the memo knowing your love of sky.

Nah, i was too busy trying to work out how to watch paris-Nice and Tirreno Adriatico simultaneously next week.. Sorted, Sky player on the computer :D

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
My Virtual Director Sportif team, which was assembled in less than half an hour and submitted weeks too early, is desperate for Farrar, Pellizotti and Nibali to step up for this one.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
issoisso said:
A bit like Garmin's Chris a few years ago finally got fed up with being called everything from Vandevelde to Van de Velde and gave an interview essentially just to say "It's Vande Velde".

Van de (of the, translated. Vande Velde is of the fields) names are so common in Dutch and can be spelled in so many ways that I think any "van de"-Dutchie is used to having their name spelled wrong.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
My Virtual Director Sportif team, which was assembled in less than half an hour and submitted weeks too early, is desperate for Farrar, Pellizotti and Nibali to step up for this one.

Do you mean the Tirreno-Adriatico?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
So right now in Italy it's raining but weather forecast say sunny and (quiet) warm for tomorrow.

As there has been many rains in the last weeks, the ground is supposed to be soaked of water.
Ya, its been raining all week until this afternoon.

Forecast looks as though it is to be clear and 8c (46f), but today was the same temp yet it was bitterly cold. Expect the riders to be well wrapped up tomorrow morning.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Nope, I'm stacked with stage racers, because that's mostly what I've watched in the past. These are the only three riding this race.

Well you're chances are decent in the Tirreno-Adriatico, if not here. There are more points available if the shark or the dolphin score in the overall classification.

A

Anonymous

Confusion reins.

Rai Sport from 1pm apparently accoring to myp2p who are usually spot on.
but Rai sport schedules says otherwise..
Steephill are claiming no live video.

If it is on Rai Sport t i have one feed, working on more through the morning. I also have a software solution that works very well indeed, (tested last night and this morning - feeds beautifully)

If not highlights are on Rai-Tre at 1630(ish) gmt, but not found a working rai-tre feed yet.

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
I doubt it, Dim.
Rai Piu (sport) tv schedules don't show the race for today.
However, their scheduling can be very fast and loose.
If you have Italian Proxys, Rai Tre is here, but geo restricted.
http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/diretta.html

Sabato sport, the Rai tre programme that includes their cycling highlights, is quite often encryption protected, before cycling, but never during.

I'll have it on tv.:)

Hence the confusion. Ive never known myp2p get it wrong, but Rai sports schedules say no (but ive seen at least two different schedules for them). If its on Rai sports its easy, got feed, but rai tre, thats another matter entirely.. very hard to find. cant even find a working proxy today. Rai have proxy sniffing built in, it has to be a damn good one to get past them.

A

Anonymous

press release went out saying NO LIVE COVERAGE

so its only that highlights package at 1625 ish

I'm not surprised.
Expect Tre's highlights schedule to be "volatile".
Possibly on early, probably late, but rarely on time on Saturday.
40 minutes total and we will have done well.
More likely to be around the 30 minute mark.
Ever the pessimist.

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
I'm not surprised.
Expect Tre's highlights schedule to be "volatile".
Possibly on early, probably late, but rarely on time on Saturday.
40 minutes total and we will have done well.
More likely to be around the 30 minute mark.
Ever the pessimist.

pah.. well i cant find a tre feed anyway, and i cant find a proxy quick enough to handle it.

IM going back to bed with a copy of last years race, 2008's and 2007's and going to watch them instead.

Raitre's teletext scheduling, now showing 16-25 to 18-10 CET. Doesn't appear to be much else on Sabato Sport, this week, so maybe we will get a more generous than usual highlights package.
I will be watching, on the box. The joys of a motorised sat dish.:)

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
Raitre's teletext scheduling, now showing 16-25 to 18-10 CET. Doesn't appear to be much else on Sabato Sport, this week, so maybe we will get a more generous than usual highlights package.
I will be watching, on the box. The joys of a motorised sat dish.:)

you figured out how to rip it and put it on youtube yet :D

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
What kind of tyres will they run? Those small stones look like hundreds of punctures waiting to happen on 23mm's

For the Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, most of the teams had 24mm Vittoria Pavé tyres. I suppose these will be among the most popular for the Eroica as well.

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Ach, can't even get sensible live updates. This is supposed to be an up and coming semi-classic. They're not exactly pushing the exposure. Apart from anything else you'd think it would be a good tourism advert.

Amateurs!:mad:

Yes, having only seen still pictures of the previous editions, this is one of the races I'd most like to see. From the reputation it has garnered in such a short time, it seems literally an Instant Classic, and pretty strong field as well. Surprised it's not televised.

It's time an italian won it, I think. Scarponi, Visconti, Pozzato maybe good bets? My dark horse Gasparotto win for Astana.