• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

More from Victor Conte

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My first reaction to that is the " everybody" doped defense has just stepped up a notch !
It`s no longer about denial, its about damage limitation.
Gotta somehow keep Livestrong.com viable.
In the long haul thats his banker.

It`s worth noting that Livestrong, though a play on his name it`s only is that if you know of lance.
Thus as a branding it`s life expectancy isn`t dependant on Armstrong.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
My first reaction to that is the " everybody" doped defense has just stepped up a notch !
It`s no longer about denial, its about damage limitation.
Gotta somehow keep Livestrong.com viable.
In the long haul thats his banker.

It`s wort noting that Livestrong, though a play on his name it`s only is that if you know of lance.
Thus as a branding it`s life expectancy isn`t dependant on Armstrong.

I suspect the brand's value is diminishing as we speak.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Nice to see Conte confirming the USOC's role in conspiring to commit the fraud as well. Bill Stapleton was and executive there through all of this, and HIS start athlete was LA.

Seems Wade Exum had it right the whole time.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:

Totaly agree..the question is how low will it go?

Its a very strong ( no pun intendended) branding that , as a play on "Live" an "strong" transends any link to Armstrong and as a word plays particulery well to the " my body is a temple" high income "yoo, ha" type.
Sadly, thats a lotta peeps!.:D
Exspect to see less and less mention of Lance on the Livestrong.com site:rolleyes:
I`ve never looked at it much so I woundnt know if thats already the case?

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:

Totaly agree..the question is how low will it go?

Its a very strong ( no pun intendended) branding that , as a play on "Live" an "strong" transends any link to Armstrong and as a word plays particulery well to the " my body is a temple" high income "yoo, ha" type.
Sadly, thats a lotta peeps!.:D
Expect to see less and less mention of Lance on the Livestrong.com site:rolleyes:
I`ve never looked at it much so I woundnt know if thats already the case?

TRENDING THREADS