• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

More on the Betsy Andreu & Lance. Now with Sally Jenkins

Read this article. Link

And then the following comments posted below the article. Many of the comments are posted by Sally Jenkins (good friend of Armstrong and co-writer of Armstrong's two books) and by Betsy Andreu herself. Now i cannot vouch for the validity of the commenters (not sure of the system the site uses to post comments. ie could be one of those where you make up a name and can post).

It seems as the main fued was between the author of the article Dave Mckenna and Sally Jenkins which then pulled Frankie and betsy Andreu in to it because of their links to Lance Armstrong

Just thought it was interesting and should share. Your thoughts??

Sorry if it has been posted before but there is too many threads involving Lance to trawl through them all.

Edit: More articles if you want to delve further into the aurthor fueds

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...ns-columns-on-lance-armstrong/#comment-631498
&
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...daily-sally-jenkins-gets-mugged-in-our-house/

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Like many that post in this forum, I get fatigued of "Lance-this-and-that". However, I must firstly thank El Imbatido for posting this, because it was quite interesting to read through it. I also thank goodness that Betsy is such a strong person. And finally, I think the more this particular subject is brought up, and the more exposure and scrutiny it gets, the better. I think the facts speak for themselves and it becomes pretty apparent, pretty quickly.

A

Anonymous

Kennf1 said:
At least Jenkins admits she is not a journalist.

Its always good when a person self actualizes. That was one hell of a rebuttal to Ms Jenkins' ill informed and deceitful claims. Great read, thanks El!

Betsy's post there should be required reading for anyone who wants to comment on the subject.

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
I can't read through that article without spiraling into an aneurysm. What an awful writing style.

Then just read Betsy's response to Ms Jenkins and then come back and tell us how your hero is anything but a lying sack of monkey shit.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Oh. You are talking about Lance using performance enhancing materials in the 90's. Who cares? Of course he did. Everyone did. If it was illegal in competition, it certainly wasn't enforced by cycling bodies. They deserve to be villified for not leveling the playing field earlier.

scribe said:
Oh. You are talking about Lance using performance enhancing materials in the 90's. Who cares? Of course he did. Everyone did. If it was illegal in competition, it certainly wasn't enforced by cycling bodies. They deserve to be villified for not leveling the playing field earlier.

No they didn't.

A

Anonymous

scribe said:

My problem isn't with the doping as much as it is with the pathologically dishonest manner he attacked the situation. I mean, the guy's native language needs to be listed as "Lying."

Oh, and he kept on shooting up like a wharf rat junkie when he came back the first time. I am sure you know that one as the "Second Coming" and his most recent defilement of pro cycling as the "Threesome."

Keep sucking down the FRS Slappy.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
My problem isn't with the doping as much as it is with the pathologically dishonest manner he attacked the situation. I mean, the guy's native language needs to be listed as "Lying."

Oh, and he kept on shooting up like a wharf rat junkie when he came back the first time. I am sure you know that one as the "Second Coming" and his most recent defilement of pro cycling as the "Threesome."

Keep sucking down the FRS Slappy.

Can someone translate what the hell this guy is talking about? He behaves like he is drunk most of the time.

The problem with the "everyone did" statement is that not only did everyone not dope, but those that chose not to because they thought it was cheating, unethical, or would harm their body, missed out on potential careers of fame and fortune doing what they loved.

Recall that when his jail time, trials and career was over, Willy Voet personally apologized to Gilles Delion - one of the few riders who refused to dope at all in the 90's - because in Willy's words, had everyone been clean, Gilles would have won the Tour. Instead, Gilles got one stage win, and had to retire from the sport at 27.

Kennf1 said:
At least Jenkins admits she is not a journalist.

That only goes so far, when most people consider that she is, and her work is presented as such by those printing it. It would be like having Betsy, or TFF for that matter, write opinion columns for a newspaper or periodical.

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
Can someone translate what the hell this guy is talking about? He behaves like he is drunk most of the time.

No, you don't understand because you're stupid.

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes people like to stand up for their own integrity and all that, but we must remember that the majority of riders took EPO in the 1990s. It's more a question who was not taking drugs. People outside the sport don't understand this, so obviously Armstrong could never concede this point. In ignorance they would say all his victories were a fraud.

I tend to think he won most of his ToF's clean in any event. You couldn't be that consistent and go that long without getting caught.

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
TheArbiter said:
Yes people like to stand up for their own integrity and all that, but we must remember that the majority of riders took EPO in the 1990s. It's more a question who was not taking drugs. People outside the sport don't understand this, so obviously Armstrong could never concede this point. In ignorance they would say all his victories were a fraud.

I tend to think he won most of his ToF's clean in any event. You couldn't be that consistent and go that long without getting caught.

Ulrich did it.

TRENDING THREADS