• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most Dominant in the Giro?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Most Dominant in the Giro?

• Contador '11

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I second Binda in 1927. Winning 12 of 15 stages and beating number two, Brunero, by 27 minutes is pretty impressive.

Girardengo in 1919 was quite dominant as well, winning 7 of 10 stages and beating second placed Belloni by 51 minutes.

Girardengo was great in 1923 as well, winning 8 of 10 stages but he only beat second placed Brunero by a mere 37 seconds.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
I think Gibo was more upset that Basso (probably) let Piepoli win a stage, but didn't do the same with him.

Or maybe Piepoli did pay up.

basso didn't let him win a stage. basso downhils like a f'n baby. simoni was upset because he knew basso was heavy on the juice.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
Exactly... And if you see the names of those who were behind him: Giro winners like Savoldelli, Cunego, Simoni, Really an epic Giro.

"Epic" is one word I would not use to describe the 2006 Giro. I would choose "strangled".