• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most memorable doped perfomances?

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
JosephK said:
For me, it is Froome on Mt. Ventoux 2013 -- not for its greatness, but for its ridiculousness. I realize this thread might be intended to be restricted to performances in which doping was confirmed through a positive test or later admission by a rider -- which would technically exclude Froome's performance that day -- but come on. :)

+1 The sitting attack was something else. I remember walking away from the TV. It didn`t look real. Froome always look as he doesn`t belong with the other contenders. The geometry of his bike is that of a sportive rider and his saddle height is too low and he spins @ 120 rpm. Even armstrong looked like he could ride a bike.

Re:

hrotha said:
Well yeah, if he wins the race or gets close to it I can see it. But he was only a bit better than everyone else with a late attack on a climb that usually creates big gaps. It's no big deal yet, for Froome's ridiculous standards.
In relative terms, as in within this race, yes. In historical terms, he climbed zoncolan really really fast. Much faster than Basso for instance.

Re: Re:

Simurgh said:
PhiLiz said:
Watching one, right now.

This is ridiculous indeed, but at least he doesn't look ugly on a bike :D

Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing. Froome looks terrible on a bicycle.
At least Yates looks good; but with that said, this race is absolutely ridiculous.
He should at least not make it look like he's on a quick jaunt to the corner store for a bit of milk.
Open your friggin mouth, already! Give the fans a reason to think you're in a "spot of bother" and testing the limits of the human body.
Good lord. These Michelton Scott guys need to do this properly.

thehog said:
DanielSong39 said:
Time to put Simon Yates on the alien list?

He has been hovering at mutant but he really wants his alien medal of honour! :eek:

I think today's episode might even make the Mutant Hall of Fame -- deciding at 18K out to trot away from the remaining elite GC group. But surely they'd have numbers on him, yes? Five against one. No problem, just solo it in! Next time, might as well go from 75K out. And all this after a day of full-on chasing the Dawg at his own mutant level up the Zonc. Just wait till Tuesday. :lol:

Escarabajo said:
PhiLiz said:
Watching one, right now.
:lol:

I was watching with my wife and when he doing the Riis looking around and jumping so easy a couple of times we looked at each other and rolled our eyes. This is clear dominance. This is not his level. Sorry but no.

Maybe the MS team is experimenting a new program for this year.

When you say "program" do you mean a firmware update to their bikes?

PhiLiz said:
Escarabajo said:
PhiLiz said:
Watching one, right now.
:lol:

I was watching with my wife and when he doing the Riis looking around and jumping so easy a couple of times we looked at each other and rolled our eyes. This is clear dominance. This is not his level. Sorry but no.

Maybe the MS team is experimenting a new program for this year.

When you say "program" do you mean a firmware update to their bikes?

Obviously it malfunctioned for Chaves.

TRENDING THREADS